Zoeva En Taupe Palette

Zoeva En Taupe Palette

on 5/2/2018 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this palette. The colors are beautiful and right up my alley. However, I didn't like the formula. I bought my palette from the Zoeva website and the mattes were very stiff and dry. They didn't apply very easily and I felt like the pigmentation could be a lot better. The shimmer shades were pretty and I did enjoy those, but the mattes completely threw me off and I hardly reach for this palette. Maybe I just got an old palette or something of the sorts because the shadows were difficult to work with.

on 3/10/2018 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my second Zoeva eyeshadow palette and I'm not disappointed! En Taupe is cool-to-neutral shades palette with four mat colors and six shimmers. It has everything I need: a couple of transition shades, a light browbone shade, some deeper colors and very pretty lid colors. Two iridescent shades - Handmade and Sheers & Voiles - are especially beautiful (pictures online don't do them justice)!
All shades are nicely pigmented and blend very well.

As someone who travels a lot, I actually like Zoeva eyeshadow palette packagings. They are very slim and light, have a magnetic closure.

For being high quality, this palette is really fairly priced, in my opinion. I do recommend it.

on 6/22/2017 11:25:00 PM

The shadows are highly pigmented and very blendable, thus it has great quality as expected of Zoeva! My only problem is the colours don't really seem to suit me very well...So if you suit more warm toned colours like brown, orange etc., my advice is to not get this palette as it has mostly cooltone shades which is hard to rock if your skin tone doesn't suit such colours.

on 4/23/2017 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really suck at describing colours, so I won't attempt to do that, but I will say that this is an amazing palette. I don't use heavy makeup; I like it to be more natural looking. This palette is perfect for creating looks for work as the colours are quite neutral, mostly taupe (well obviously, hence the name :) ). Some of the colours are matte, some sparkly and some shimmery. There are ten eyeshadows and the colour payoff is, in my opinion, great. They also blend well. I don't find them powdery and they last all day on me (I use a primer though). For the price, this palette is outstanding quality. If I had known about this palette before purchasing my 11 MAC eyeshadows, I probably would have bought this one instead. Having said that, I am far from being an eyeshadow expert, I just like my eyeshadows to look pretty, enhance my eyes and stay put. The eyeshadows in this palette do that for me and the palette is really cheap compared to other brands. The packaging is sleek and made of cardboard, which I am not super happy about, but I'll live with it. It's what's on the inside that counts :)