L'Oreal Infallible Blending Sponge

No Image

4.5

on 11/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this included in a GWP beauty bag from Ulta, I think? I am underwhelmed.

On the plus side, it blends foundation well.

On the down side, it feels oddly slimy when wet and stains like crazy. Also, it's ripping apart rather quickly and I'm not manhandling it.

I would not purchase this. I prefer the Real Techniques Sponges.

on 8/29/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

WOW! I've been buying a lot of different sponges, seeking a worthy replacement for the beautyblender (BB), which is to my mind, ridiculously expensive. Plus, seldom found on sale.

Tried several generic brands, no winners there so didn't note the "brands." Tried the Real Techniques sponges, the original orange one (too soft), the mini purple ones (great, still use these). Ecotools green ones, too hard. Onward for the "Goldilocks" zone: L'oreal Infallible! I have the foundation one (pink) and the concealer one (blue), and both are WONDERFUL. In addition to having that "just right" texture, they don't bleed color when washed, and are easier to wash/get clean than the BB (though I'm not one to obsess over some stains, that's what foundation and concealer do, stain). Plus, normal price of about $8 with frequent sales (though often when L'oreal IS on sale, these become hard to find).

I will never spend $20 on a BB or sponge again. And unless someone convinces me that another better option exists, I'm done trying different ones.

on 7/21/2017 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is exactly (if not better) like the beauty blender! And also 1/3 of the cost. Will start to repurchase this sponge instead, happy that there is finally an actual dupe on the market.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Like everyone else, I was looking for a replacement for my Beauty Blender when I came across this sponge. It is a more firm and stout than a BB but to me that makes it easier to work with and hold. It spreads foundation well and quickly, same with concealer, and even does a good job on setting powder. What sealed it for me is that it cleans in a snap! I can clean this after every use and not do the whole soak in olive oil and dish soap like I had to do once a week the with BB to get the stains out. One pump of liquid brush/sponge cleaner and its done! L'Oreal does make these sponges in various configurations for other uses, so I will probably be trying those soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not a huge fan of the beauty blender so I routinely give other blending sponges a try. I prefer the Real Techniques sponge to the BB but mainly because it is easier to clean and the shape is more versatile. Otherwise they both perform pretty much the same. I discovered Swisspers make up sponges in a 3-pack (varying sizes) and these are my absolute favorites so far. Having said all that, I wanted to try the L'Oreal sponge because it resembles the Swisspers so much and I do really like this one as well.

Love the large bottom end for applying foundation quickly and the result is a very uniform smooth finish. The top (pointy) end is nice for blending around the eyes and sides of the nose. I prefer the density of this sponge to the Original Beauty Blender as it is slightly firmer and not so soft that it tears the moment you wash it. On the topic of washing/cleaning the sponge, this cleans so much easier than the BB or RT sponges. This is a close second to my favorite which remains the Swisspers but it is a good quality sponge worth investing in. If I can ever get my hands on the EcoTools sponges I will be giving those a try as well.

on 4/23/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Round two of searching for a Beauty Blender dupe, and we have a winner. I needed a replacement for my Beauty Blender and had recently purchased the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, which was a total dud and akin to applying foundation with a rubber ball. I picked this up in Ulta and was undecided about this of the Real Techniques Sponge, someone had posted on the makeup board that this was a dupe, and I have to say I agree. This is much softer and less dense than the Sonia Kashuk sponge, and unlike the Sonia Kashuk sponge this expands when wet. The L'Oreal sponge is also very soft to the touch, it's shaped differently than The Beauty Blender, so it's not truly edgeless, but that would be the only negative I could find with this. The packaging is easy to open, and this is less than half the price of a Beauty Blender. This works just as well as a Beauty Blender and help diffuse and soften makeup into the skin without and harsh edges of patchiness. If you are on a budget and need a good blending sponge, this is an excellent choice. I paid about $8USD for this at Ulta.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools