L'Oreal Infallible Blending Sponge

L'Oreal Infallible Blending Sponge

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really liked this sponge and bought several. I used them over and over and it was after a couple of washes that I noticed that they turned into rocks. They may be cheap but they're not that cheap when you factor in that you only get about 10 uses out of them before they are done. I've been using a couple of Beauty Blenders for 10 years and they are still going strong. I won't buy them again. Instead I bought another Beauty Blender.

on 5/9/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

As soft and functional as the beauty blender, the only issue I have is that this tears easily and I’m not particularly rough with my sponges. I wash it under water with soap and it just tears when I squeeze it repeatedly to get the water out; I’ve done the same with B.B. and the fenty sponge and they don’t tear. This is less expensive, but doesn’t last long for me because of the tearing.

on 4/15/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm starting out with 4 lippies as I just started using this, but pretty sure this can easily be a 5 lippisponge! This thing is great! I have used the green Ecotools sponge (disliked, too stiff) and then my go-to was the orange Real Techniques sponge. I had no issues using that one until I just purchased a replacement (single sponge, has the RT logo on the sponge) and found it totally different than all the others before it (hard, looked rough, absorbed a ton of product which was the biggest sign) so I decided to try L'oreals version after seeing good reviews.

Love. It so far. Its hard to tell if its absorbing a ton of product because its dark pink but the sponge texture is very different from the Eco or RT sponge. The only way I can describe it is its like almost a gel feel once wet, but its not. Its soft bouncy and it blended my foundation out perfectly. I had a perfect application and my foundation looked awesome for the hours I had it on. Poreless! It also washed and rinsed fine. I let mine dry on an empty toilet paper tube that is cut in half so that it gets air from all angles (and its just like a fancy sponge holder). I usually replace my sponges every 2 months because I wash them daily, and in case of mold and having sensitive skin, so am curious how well this one will last. But i can say that I would and hope to repurchase this again-- def. over the RT sponge.

Just a FYI on staining and sponges: a lot of staining comes from the ingredients in your foundation, not the sponge. I have used the same sponge and diff foundations and noticed one would stain it horribly and wouldnt wash clean, while the other foundation came out easily. Not the sponge's fault. Same sponge -- diff foundation. I see some folks commenting on staining and its sometimes the foundation thats doing it. My WnW foundation stains bad and leaves a scum on sponges, but my HG CoverGirl Outlast washes out with a few squeezes. Same sponge.

ETA: I do love this, but now after using it - I prefer the bright orange color of the RT sponges, just so I can tell if I'm getting them as clean as I'd like. Because this one is a dark pink, it's a bit hard to tell if you are able to fully get the foundation out of the sponge.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I almost gave this a not-so-positive review a week ago. It's different than the original Beauty Blender. So after reading reviews that this was being rated highly as a dupe, I was originally disappointed.
It's a little bigger, and the material/consistency feels a little different as well. It's firmer (but not rock-hard-firm like some of the alleged dupes that are terrible). It takes a little longer for me to clean (probably due to size), so also takes longer to dry. And if I don't squeeze all the water out, it gets weird dents in it until I do (hard to explain...)
BUT, after another week of playing around with it - I think I actually like it better than my Beauty Blenders *gasp!*
On the days I use my L'Oreal sponge, my makeup and skin look noticeably better - less cakey, less dry patches/flakes, more airbrushed... just overall better.
I've been using BB's since 2013. I don't even know how many I've gone through... 8, maybe? I've tossed out several that aged, and currently have 3 in my bathroom. (With one that's so beat up it needs to hit the trash can!) Anyway, beauty blenders are $20 a pop, unless I can get them during a sale - even then, with 10-20% off, still very pricey for someone who goes through quite a few, using and washing daily (Yes, I wash mine daily - either right after, or right before every use. My skin is breakout prone, I can't risk it).
The L'Oreal sponge is ranging in price from $6-9, depending on where you buy - I got it on sale online from Walgreens for like $5 and change. It's maybe a half inch larger (round about?) in length as well as width, and the top isn't as rounded - so that "bouncy" motion that we do with beauty blenders caused me to have a little learning curve with the L'Oreal sponge. I still bounce it around, but it's different (not in a bad way, just different).
But my learning curve was short lived, and I've come to love it. For the price, it is absolutely worth a try. I've washed it a bunch of times, and it looks the same as day 1. Plan to phase the beauty blenders off my bathroom shelf and replace with L'Oreal sponges. They're not dupes (IMO, FWIW), but they are awesome and on my skin, outperform beauty blenders!

on 11/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this included in a GWP beauty bag from Ulta, I think? I am underwhelmed.

On the plus side, it blends foundation well.

On the down side, it feels oddly slimy when wet and stains like crazy. Also, it's ripping apart rather quickly and I'm not manhandling it.

I would not purchase this. I prefer the Real Techniques Sponges.

on 8/29/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

WOW! I've been buying a lot of different sponges, seeking a worthy replacement for the beautyblender (BB), which is to my mind, ridiculously expensive. Plus, seldom found on sale.

Tried several generic brands, no winners there so didn't note the "brands." Tried the Real Techniques sponges, the original orange one (too soft), the mini purple ones (great, still use these). Ecotools green ones, too hard. Onward for the "Goldilocks" zone: L'oreal Infallible! I have the foundation one (pink) and the concealer one (blue), and both are WONDERFUL. In addition to having that "just right" texture, they don't bleed color when washed, and are easier to wash/get clean than the BB (though I'm not one to obsess over some stains, that's what foundation and concealer do, stain). Plus, normal price of about $8 with frequent sales (though often when L'oreal IS on sale, these become hard to find).

I will never spend $20 on a BB or sponge again. And unless someone convinces me that another better option exists, I'm done trying different ones.

on 7/21/2017 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is exactly (if not better) like the beauty blender! And also 1/3 of the cost. Will start to repurchase this sponge instead, happy that there is finally an actual dupe on the market.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Like everyone else, I was looking for a replacement for my Beauty Blender when I came across this sponge. It is a more firm and stout than a BB but to me that makes it easier to work with and hold. It spreads foundation well and quickly, same with concealer, and even does a good job on setting powder. What sealed it for me is that it cleans in a snap! I can clean this after every use and not do the whole soak in olive oil and dish soap like I had to do once a week the with BB to get the stains out. One pump of liquid brush/sponge cleaner and its done! L'Oreal does make these sponges in various configurations for other uses, so I will probably be trying those soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not a huge fan of the beauty blender so I routinely give other blending sponges a try. I prefer the Real Techniques sponge to the BB but mainly because it is easier to clean and the shape is more versatile. Otherwise they both perform pretty much the same. I discovered Swisspers make up sponges in a 3-pack (varying sizes) and these are my absolute favorites so far. Having said all that, I wanted to try the L'Oreal sponge because it resembles the Swisspers so much and I do really like this one as well.

Love the large bottom end for applying foundation quickly and the result is a very uniform smooth finish. The top (pointy) end is nice for blending around the eyes and sides of the nose. I prefer the density of this sponge to the Original Beauty Blender as it is slightly firmer and not so soft that it tears the moment you wash it. On the topic of washing/cleaning the sponge, this cleans so much easier than the BB or RT sponges. This is a close second to my favorite which remains the Swisspers but it is a good quality sponge worth investing in. If I can ever get my hands on the EcoTools sponges I will be giving those a try as well.

on 4/23/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Round two of searching for a Beauty Blender dupe, and we have a winner. I needed a replacement for my Beauty Blender and had recently purchased the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, which was a total dud and akin to applying foundation with a rubber ball. I picked this up in Ulta and was undecided about this of the Real Techniques Sponge, someone had posted on the makeup board that this was a dupe, and I have to say I agree. This is much softer and less dense than the Sonia Kashuk sponge, and unlike the Sonia Kashuk sponge this expands when wet. The L'Oreal sponge is also very soft to the touch, it's shaped differently than The Beauty Blender, so it's not truly edgeless, but that would be the only negative I could find with this. The packaging is easy to open, and this is less than half the price of a Beauty Blender. This works just as well as a Beauty Blender and help diffuse and soften makeup into the skin without and harsh edges of patchiness. If you are on a budget and need a good blending sponge, this is an excellent choice. I paid about $8USD for this at Ulta.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools