Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation
Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

3.2

Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG / PPG-18 / 18 Dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 11/22/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE SELECTION: buff beige
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- packaging
- long wearing
- satin finish
- easy to blend
- lightweight
- medium to full coverage

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- oxidizes

COMMENTS: Not bad at all, minus how quickly it settles into my laugh lines. It wears well on my combo skin. I find this to be a satin finish; good coverage. All that good stuff. I did have to use a shade adjuster to get my perfect color match because this oxidized on me with a slight gray cast. So, I had a yellow shade adjuster to avoid going a shade up and having that be too dark. I’m on the fence with this, though. It looks good, but the settling that occurs is so obvious and it happens in less than a few hours. Oh, it is scented. It doesn’t linger, however.

on 11/16/2017 12:01:00 PM

Oh how I LOVE this foundation! This stuff doesn't budge. After 8 hours of work, my face looks the same! I've never had such a long lasting foundation! The finish is slightly dewy, and the coverage is medium to full. Total HG status and will definitely repurchase.

on 10/31/2017 5:23:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised by this foundation! Wonderful satin finish and photographs surprisingly well considering it contains broad spectrum 20 spf. I would definitely buy again and at this price is well worth a try.

on 11/16/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nope. The lightest shade is disappointingly much too dark. The finish is nice and satin much that doesn't do me a lot of good when my face glaringly doesn't match the rest of my body. I think this has decent longevity, or at least it's nothing less than their comparable foundations, though it seems to settle into pores and lines more than one might like.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The coverage is pretty light. I would say it compares to a good coverage bb cream. The finish is really nice though. It gives you a healthy glow without looking greasy. Definitely a your skin but better type of a foundation. I would like this a lot more if it wasn't so scented... It smells like a cheap floral shampoo in my opinion.

on 10/17/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to return this foundation. I have combination skin and this foundation gave me really streaky and oily finish( even that its says oil free). It didn't really absorbed on the skin and was very tacky .

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good foundation. I love the satin finish. It covers nicely, enough to really make you look flawless if you have decently behaved skin, but it's not heavy looking and it didn't settle into lines or separate or anything like that. It wore really well on long days and it gives a pretty glow. I have combo skin and this worked especially well for my skin type. It didn't look greasy or slide off my face which was nice as some expensive high end foundations do. This actually reminds me quite a lot of Urban Decay Naked Skin, so if you'd like a cheaper option on that with less shade range that would work. What I didn't care for was how dark the lightest shade is. This is a bit too dark for me, I didn't notice it necessarily oxidized but I think it started off slightly too warm /orange for me. If they expanded the color selection and included pink and cool undertones it would be perfect. If you can find a color match you'll probably love this foundation.

on 9/29/2017 8:45:00 PM

The pump is appreciated, but foundation transferred so easily off my nose where im a bit oily.... and when i blot it doesn't fix it, it just takes the foundation off lol...
Would recommend for those who have dry-normal skin
A little bit hydrating
Satin Finish
Medium buildable coverage
Slightly streaky
Shade 610 Classic Ivory would be good for those who are around NC20

**Full review here:

**Received product complimentary from Influenster

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I wore this foundation three separate times within this one week, and I officially love it. I’ve been in a makeup rut for awhile because every foundation was falling short. Everything felt thick, or the color was off, or it was making my pores look weird (too lazy to wear primer, judge away.), etc. After watching a few (or twenty) reviews online, I decided to buy it and I love it. It’s dewy but not overly dewy. You won’t look wet, but it just takes on whatever glow is already in your skin. I get really good coverage from using my beauty sponge, but I’m sure I’d get FULL coverage from a brush, if it were necessary, but I’m trying to get away from that. It doesn’t slide into your pores or laugh lines. I think it’s made especially for dry skin, thankfully because I feel like we always get the short end of the stick. I was contemplating splurging on Estée Lauder or Hourglass, but I’m pretty content with this for now. 😊

Edit: I’ve worn this for two weeks now and it’s officially my favorite foundation. At this point, my favorite that I’ve ever worn. It. Doesn’t. Move. It has the perfect finish, between dewy and matte. Unless you just like your skin to look like concrete, you can’t not like it.

Love the pump however that is about the only good thing about this foundation. The lightest shade is way too dark for my skin and it seems to clump up orange shade around my hairline. Not full coverage either. Would definitely not repurchase.