COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation
Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

3.3

Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG / PPG-18 / 18 Dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 6/13/2018 4:38:00 PM

One of my favorite drug store foundations. It has long lasting coverage. Only downfall is I find it oxidizes my skin like crazy, so I go down a shade or two.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of the best foundations ever. I have extremely picky, sensitive, acne prone, and dry/dehydrated skin. The only foundation my skin has ever loved is the Dior Forever foundation... until I tried this. In my opinion, the formula of this Covergirl foundation is extremely similar to my beloved Dior one. It sits on my skin in exactly the same way, same amount of coverage, same wear time, doesn't emphasize dry patches or fine lines, similar finish... to me, they look basically the same on my skin. I couldn't believe it. I've been trying for months now to find a foundation comparable to my Dior one as my shade has been sold out for a while now... and this Covergirl foundation was the last thing I would have expected. However, the shade range is horrific, for both light and darker tones. The lightest shade is absolutely orange... in fact, the first 5 lightest shades are all basically the same colour. I have to mix shade 205 with a foundation lightener (I use the NYX pro foundation mixer in "white" and I think it works perfectly). If they expanded the shade range for this foundation, it would truly be a godsend. This doesn't make me break out either, which is surprising. I set it with a loose power just in my t-zone. I also don't find it transfers too much. It also lasts on my skin for 12+ hours, but I am dry, which definitely helps with lasting power. I definitely recommend this, you'll most likely need a foundation mixer to adjust the shade but I don't think you'll regret it.

This is my favourite foundation hands down! I have dry skin and it makes my skin look so good .. the shade range sucks though.. the lightest shade 605 just barely matches me but then it’s oxidizes like crazy and is too dark! So I mix in another dewy lighter foundation and that solves that issue but seriously I shouldn’t have to do that! But overall the formula is so good and the coverage is there as well!!

on 4/13/2018 10:03:00 PM

Really good finish and staying power! I really don`t like the scent or shade range though!

Check out my full review here:

on 4/11/2018 8:57:00 AM

HATE this foundation...I couldn’t blend anything on top of it even my concealer! Will be returning

on 4/2/2018 1:52:00 PM

Overall its a great pick. It does jave a great coverage, and it does not crease as much as other foundations that are around the same price range or higher. Some high end products crease more so for that i was really surprised. Coverage was way better than I expected since its dewy and has SPF. It did not completely the redness on the sides of my nose due to rosacea but the rest of my face was even and amazing looking. The reason i tool a star off is because the shades for light skintone are all pinkish. You can start to find yellow only at 625 which is pretty dark even before oxidation and after it’s orange . I have to mix it with another foundation that’s yellow undertoned to find a perfect match, and to keep the nice glow you have to stay in the same texture range so for me it was the burts and bees glow foundation. They don’t provide other sample bottles than the color 610, and that sucks too. 605 is meant to be more on the yellow/neutral side i guess because 610 was clearly pink and the shade after is 620 which makes it pink too following the numbers. 625 is yellow but pretty dark. So basically if you have yellow undertone you star at 625 OR 605 mixed but 605 is reallllly light.

on 3/30/2018 6:29:00 PM

I had to get the lightest shade, Ivory, and it looks spot on at first, but oxidizes to a darker shade. The finish is lovely, and looks beautiful initially, but doesn't last. My skin is super oily. I'm generally NC20-25 in winter, and NC25-30 in summer - this may be a better fit for summer skin, but I am not sure it will last long on hot weather.

on 2/19/2018 11:09:00 AM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. I have oily combination skin and acne scarring but no active or cystic acne at the moment and do not have texture problem at the moment.

I had high hopes for thisnfoundation. I was really impressed with their Ready Set Gorgeous foundation and thought this might be a more natural radiant finish. I was a little underwhelmed by it. It isn't a horrible foundation by any means. Here are my thoughts:

- I think the biggest con would be it has very little durability. Heaven forbids if you have watery eyes or your nose drips a bit or any water at all drops on your face, it washes away the foundation completely. For this reason I cannot wear it during summer or if I have to go out all day it just ain't gonna work.

- They really need more yellow toned shades. I picked up 625 Buff Beige thinking it looked most yellow out of the bunch of pink and orange but I will need to use my MUFE yellow adjuster.

- The packaging is nice enough they have all the right elements...glass bottle, a pump, and white and gold. But somehow all these favorite things of mine put together looks really tacky.

- The finish is actually a lot more matte than I expected. With the name Healthy Elixir I would expect more of a dewy finish but that's not the case.

- The application is quite streaky I have to say. It takes a lot longer to blend for sure. To reduce the streamlines I had to apply a bit more than I intended to and that made me look a bit cakey.

- little to no oil control but it doesn't claim to have oil control, abilities so I'm not faulting it. It isn't that long wearing I noticed it wearing off around my nose after about 6 hours and not impressed at all.

- there is slight floral scent to it. It doesn't bother me but it's not for ones who are scent sensitive.

Overall I would probably use it on days when I'm just lounging around the house because it does not hold up too well. Won't repurchase.

on 2/10/2018 7:16:00 PM

I've been wearing UD Naked Skin for a few years. The shade (3.5) was never quite right on me even though it's supposed to be a cool shade, it was always a little too beige. Fortunately, I use such a small amount, I can get away with it. Covergirl always had cooler shades so when I saw a review that said the finish was similar to Naked Skin, I figured I'd give it a shot.
First off, I have always worn Creamy Natural in any CG foundation. I'm a NW20. I was surprised when I had to go back and get Ivory. That's how much darker it gets when it's on for awhile. I guess it's oxidizing? I have normal to dry skin, I don't even get oily in my T-zone. The Ivory is a good match for me but if you're lighter than an nw20, you're probably out of luck.
It's much thicker than UD, but it spreads nicely enough that it's not an issue. A small pea size covers my face but like I said, I put a very thin layer on, primarily to cover redness on/around my nose and even skin tone which it does well.
Wore a good 10 hours on me, again, I am not oily so that may be a consideration. I REALLY like the finish, possibly better than UD. It looks soft with a little glow. I'm usually hesitant to try anything "glowy" or "luminous" because it makes the texture more obvious and the pores on my nose look huge. This has a subtle glow without accentuating what I don't want attention drawn to. The UD looks dry when I look in the 10x side of my lighted mirror (a no-no, I know), this doesn't. I took a lippie off the packaging because the pump stopped working. Luckily, I still had the shade that didn't match here, keeping it for summer, so I just swapped out the pump.

UPDATE 3/18/2018
Second pump has failed on this so I've dropped a lippie on the packaging. I tried putting the product into a different container but it's pretty thick so I couldn't get half of it out of the bottle and had a mess. Looking for another option at this point.

on 2/5/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation. Love the coverage and last all day. Gives a perfect flawless look on my face and doesnt dry my skin. Overall perfect.