Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation
Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

3.2

Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG / PPG-18 / 18 Dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good foundation. I love the satin finish. It covers nicely, enough to really make you look flawless if you have decently behaved skin, but it's not heavy looking and it didn't settle into lines or separate or anything like that. It wore really well on long days and it gives a pretty glow. I have combo skin and this worked especially well for my skin type. It didn't look greasy or slide off my face which was nice as some expensive high end foundations do. This actually reminds me quite a lot of Urban Decay Naked Skin, so if you'd like a cheaper option on that with less shade range that would work. What I didn't care for was how dark the lightest shade is. This is a bit too dark for me, I didn't notice it necessarily oxidized but I think it started off slightly too warm /orange for me. If they expanded the color selection and included pink and cool undertones it would be perfect. If you can find a color match you'll probably love this foundation.

on 9/13/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this daily for about a week and cannot rave enough about it's performance. Yet not so great reviews for it here, so perhaps it depends on skin type, application, what's underneath and so on. To break down my success with this foundation:

I have dry, somewhat wrinkled, sun damaged mature skin. Usually I get by with foundations that provide more luminous coverage, or no foundation at all with concealer on trouble spots. My current arsenal is Mac face & body and Lancôme renergie lift. Both provide light coverage with a glow. Never purchased a "full coverage" foundation before, any time I tried them at a Dept store cosmetics counter I looked aged and deathly, regardless of brand.

On a whim, deciding I should again try a full coverage foundation I walked into local Walgreens who was promoting Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir that day. A sign! lol. SA matched me for medium beige. Summertime here, would probably need lighter in the winter. Not a huge selection of shades in very light or dark ranges, but a decent enough range of mediums. Came home to read the reviews, almost returned it, then I tried it on and I looked great. Covered imperfections, has a somewhat matte finish while looking natural at the same time. Totally evened out my spotty skintone. Although oddly, it has a strong perfume smell which dissipates after a few minutes. Not a horrid I can't take it scent (looking at you. Loreal products), but strong and it this offends you you won't like it. Yet it hasn't caused any breakouts or allergy, no problem there at all.

Afraid of oxidizing due to reviews, I decided to test it while I could still return. Gym workout. Fine, stayed fresh, in place, no oxidizing. Couple mile walk in the sun - ditto. Attended daytime into night wedding, eating, dancing etc., no fade, darkeningor oxidizing. Held my blushr beautifully too.

As a note - this is recommended for more mature skin. Perhaps it doesn't mix well with natural oils on skin (I have none left), or certain moisturizers (?) My preferred application method is with my fingers followed by either a dry foundation brush, stippling brush, OR beauty blender. Have not tried a primer underneath - why mess with perfection? Did try a damp beauty blender, results were good but coverage was medium at best.

Packaging -plastic cap is fugly. Lettering is tacky. But a good glass square jar and do I love the pump! It twists to open or lock. And second, the pump is NOT metered so you can get exactly the amount you want without waste. Ever want just a tad more and the metered pump and get lot of product you didn't need? Not with this Cover girl gem, you get what you want.

Give this a try, it's about $12.99 or so, not super cheap but won't break the bank either.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this foundation! It claims to have vitamins to help aid in the health of your skin and I absolutely agree with that. I've noticed a huge Improvement to areas that are prone to large pores, texture and problematic (pimples, redness) skin flare ups. Although everyone says the scent smells floral, it smells like straight up bananas and maybe pineapple? Definitely more fruity than anything. I'm oily to combo, so I really only use this on the outside of my face, excluding my t-zone. I noticed when I put this in my t-zone it just gets a bit too oily for my liking. But with it being put everywhere else, it stays all day and makes my skin look fresh, glowy and like it claims- healthy. This is currently my go to foundation, I highly recommend.

Update: Use a primer. CG suggests this, and with the Maybelline Blur and Luminate, this eliminates the oxidation for me. It also reduced some of the settling into my pores that I experienced without it. The sponge is still the best way to apply this. I'm still getting pretty full coverage too. It's not settling into my deeper forehead wrinkles like other foundations have. I am reaching for this one daily. Again I'm not getting oily, but sticky, and it's not a deal breaker. Setting spray is crucial here too. Really enjoying this product. Original review below.--

I'd heard a lot of hype about this foundation from the YT crowd. Being 49 I've only seen a few from the over 40 crowd and the reviews were mixed. Here's my take.

The plastic top is crap, straight up. I got it at CVS for $13+. A little background, I used to use the CG 3n1 and it was okay. I switched to Maybelline better than skin and it's been my go to for a while now. At about $10 per it does the job rather nicely. I also use Smashbox 15 Hour on occasion and it hasn't been HG status for me but I love the shade. I used this for the first time this morning.

I'm not a fan of foundation brushes and I used a RT blender that needs to be replaced but I haven't had a chance to grab one yet. I use three pumps with Maybelline, four with Smashbox. This one I liked that two pumps with a smidge more gave me amazing coverage. Nice dewey finish but a bit too much, so set with Coty Airspun translucent powder. No primer today. The rest of my makeup went on very nicely over this. I'm using Classic Ivory which isn't a perfect match, it did oxidize a bit but not terribly. Leaned a wee bit pink or peach, but it's not a deal breaker here. Set with a homemade setting spray of water, witch hazel and aloe gel. This does not have that old Noxema scent. It's a kind of citrusy scent resembling IT Cosmetics CC. Not bad or lingering that I've heard others complain about. This ain't the worst smelling product out there.

It held up remarkably well at work, looked nice under the fluorescent lights. It's definitely a solid medium to full coverage here which scared me a bit with my wrinkles and older skin. I think taking some extra care to really stipple this and blend would help.

It didn't feel heavy on my skin and tolerated the 90°+ and rather humid temps in Los Angeles today well. My blush, bronzer and highlights didn't move or fade. I always do my lips and eyelids too, and again, lipstick and eyeshadow played nicely here. It was about 7:30 am when I applied this. I noticed it started to break down and sink into my pores around 5 pm, so a good ten hours into the hot summer day. And it wasn't bad either. I simply blotted and gave a light dusting of my airspun before heading to dinner. As for the blotting part...I wasn't slick, oily or greasy. It actually felt sticky and rather tacky, something I don't recall with any other foundation.

Lippie down one for the shade being a bit off, for the crappy plastic lid, and the price being high at CVS. I'll definitely buy this one again as it is a solid performer. I've always felt CG products were on the cheap end of drug store products. Not sure why, but Maybelline has always worked better for me. CG has really stepped up their game over the last few years and I have found some good quality products from them lately. This is definitely one of them.

This claims to be full coverage and it didn't seem to be full coverage to me. I still had to put concealer on after. Most days I just like to do a 5 minute face with foundation, powder, blush and eye liners a pencil and liquid. The foundation was too sheer so had to layer concealer on after it under my eyes and face.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation was so lightweight, it also had a flowery smell but it didn't bother me too much. It's a nice satin finish and it didn't make me too oily throughout the day, and I have oily to combination skin. I bought the shade soft sable. Click here for the full review http://bit.ly/2tXPTyH (youtube channel - Mary LeMuse)

on 8/4/2017 8:22:00 AM

With so many rave reviews about this foundation online, I just had to try it. Normally I have success with CG foundations but this one is a bust for me. The shade I normally buy in all other formulas is Buff Beige, so that's what I picked up. It's way too dark and oxidizes almost immediately when I apply it. I find myself very oily after just a couple hours of wear and it breaks down fairly quickly. I wanted to love this but it's just not working out for me.

on 7/9/2017 9:52:00 PM

I had to write this review. I am on my lunch break right now. This is my first time ever using this foundation. I've had it on for almost 4 hours and I have to say that this is a disgusting product. I feel so embarrassed. I'm a fair skinned woman (mac NC15) and this oxidized me sitting the hour and a half of wearing it. I can't even fix it because it looks so orange, pink and greasy. I used a setting powder with this (maybelline betterksin) which has worked great for me with other foundations. I'm just waiting for my shift to never because I feel like a clown. I have normal skin and my holy trail is cover girl 3 in one. I am just throwing this garbage away as soon as I get home. I'm so upset. How does cowgirl not test this junk? They're going to tell me that they don't know this stuff oxodozes like 3 shades darker? and within an hour? Ridiculous. I wish o could upload a photo but I'm super embarrassed. I'm upset because when I applied it, it looked nice and dewy and was a perfect match! Would not recommend. If you are also lured on by the packaging and claims I would suggest saving your receipt and using it indoors! Don't risk wearing this out!!!! For further context I work indoors in a cubicle that's well ventilated so I'm hardly doing any rigorous activity that could have caused the pile of grease on my face. :( don't buy. You've been warned.

on 8/2/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Streaky, dull and too dark that's what it looks like when applied on my face. I purchased Tawny which is normally my shade in Covergirl but Tawny in this foundation is too dark. The next shade down might be too light. Either way I wouldn't buy this again because I prefer foundation that makes my skin appear radiant and has a satin finish this foundation isn't that.

on 8/3/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

For those of you having problems with this foundation, a few tips: First it's really for mature skin & second a little goes a long way. With that said, going a shade or 2 lighter is helpful but the spreading of the product is key. It is a full coverage foundation so it will be thicker than most. A dot or 2 only in the places you need it like, forehead, nose and under eyes. Use a fluffy brush to spread toward your jawline. It will take practice. Good luck, hope this helps