Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

Cover Girl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation
Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation

3.2

Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG / PPG-18 / 18 Dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 2/19/2018 11:09:00 AM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. I have oily combination skin and acne scarring but no active or cystic acne at the moment and do not have texture problem at the moment.

I had high hopes for thisnfoundation. I was really impressed with their Ready Set Gorgeous foundation and thought this might be a more natural radiant finish. I was a little underwhelmed by it. It isn't a horrible foundation by any means. Here are my thoughts:

- I think the biggest con would be it has very little durability. Heaven forbids if you have watery eyes or your nose drips a bit or any water at all drops on your face, it washes away the foundation completely. For this reason I cannot wear it during summer or if I have to go out all day it just ain't gonna work.

- They really need more yellow toned shades. I picked up 625 Buff Beige thinking it looked most yellow out of the bunch of pink and orange but I will need to use my MUFE yellow adjuster.

- The packaging is nice enough they have all the right elements...glass bottle, a pump, and white and gold. But somehow all these favorite things of mine put together looks really tacky.

- The finish is actually a lot more matte than I expected. With the name Healthy Elixir I would expect more of a dewy finish but that's not the case.

- The application is quite streaky I have to say. It takes a lot longer to blend for sure. To reduce the streamlines I had to apply a bit more than I intended to and that made me look a bit cakey.

- little to no oil control but it doesn't claim to have oil control, abilities so I'm not faulting it. It isn't that long wearing I noticed it wearing off around my nose after about 6 hours and not impressed at all.

- there is slight floral scent to it. It doesn't bother me but it's not for ones who are scent sensitive.

Overall I would probably use it on days when I'm just lounging around the house because it does not hold up too well. Won't repurchase.

on 2/10/2018 7:16:00 PM

I've been wearing UD Naked Skin for a few years. The shade (3.5) was never quite right on me even though it's supposed to be a cool shade, it was always a little too beige. Fortunately, I use such a small amount, I can get away with it. Covergirl always had cooler shades so when I saw a review that said the finish was similar to Naked Skin, I figured I'd give it a shot.
First off, I have always worn Creamy Natural in any CG foundation. I'm a NW20. I was surprised when I had to go back and get Ivory. That's how much darker it gets when it's on for awhile. I guess it's oxidizing? I have normal to dry skin, I don't even get oily in my T-zone. The Ivory is a good match for me but if you're lighter than an nw20, you're probably out of luck.
It's much thicker than UD, but it spreads nicely enough that it's not an issue. A small pea size covers my face but like I said, I put a very thin layer on, primarily to cover redness on/around my nose and even skin tone which it does well.
Wore a good 10 hours on me, again, I am not oily so that may be a consideration. I REALLY like the finish, possibly better than UD. It looks soft with a little glow. I'm usually hesitant to try anything "glowy" or "luminous" because it makes the texture more obvious and the pores on my nose look huge. This has a subtle glow without accentuating what I don't want attention drawn to. The UD looks dry when I look in the 10x side of my lighted mirror (a no-no, I know), this doesn't. I took a lippie off the packaging because the pump stopped working. Luckily, I still had the shade that didn't match here, keeping it for summer, so I just swapped out the pump.

on 2/5/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation. Love the coverage and last all day. Gives a perfect flawless look on my face and doesnt dry my skin. Overall perfect.

I returned this foundation the day after I bought it. I can tell you it did look good on, but I can't tell you how good it wore because it is so heavily scented and it was way too much for me. It smells really strong like floral perfume, and that's just not for me. It's a shame, because it may be a really great product, judging from the reviews here. I used to wear cover girl foundation all the time and I could stand the old school cover girl in the glass bottle with the more medicinal smell. I also LOVE the CG tru blend...But this smells like a big bag of magnolias and gardeniasor something. (Too much for a facial product imo). It did have a beautiful squared off glass bottle with a pump, so that's a plus.

on 2/5/2018 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I do. I'm still loving Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Ultra, but decided the Cream shade was a bit too rosy. Needed something else for the meantime, until the new shade arrives. Picked this up in Buff Beige, which is a perfect match for my NC20-25 skin. One pump does it, dotted on then blended with damp Beauty Blender. Good coverage, nice soft matte finish over moisturized skin. No oxidizing at all, and amazing lasting power with or without primer. No powder needed. Actually a lot like Cover Girl's Outlast, but perhaps a little friendlier to my drier/more mature skin now. I was going to give it 4 lippies, because it's not quite the finish of my EA, but that's not fair since it's only 1/3 the price! Think I'll keep it, even after the EA arrives, and even with my tiny bathroom, for those times when I want just a little bit more matte.

on 1/29/2018 11:47:00 AM

I'm 44, so right in the age range that this make up is targeting. I find the packaging to be cheap, but it IS a drugstore foundation. Let's be honest here. I don't expect gold plating - and I DO like the pump.

I applied this with a beauty blender after applying moisturizer and letting it set/dry. This foundation does have a slight smell, but I am a scent-sensitive person. Even unscented stuff smells to me. So regardless, it isn't annoying and does dissipate. I like how it feels on my skin. It goes on nicely. Decent staying power after 6 hours. I was indoors, and it's winter here so it is dryer. Not sure how this would hold up on my oily skin in the summer...

Unfortunately, I'm pale under my freckles and rosacea (sigh) and Ivory is the lightest shade - but still too orangy on me after it dries. Looks good at first going on then it goes to sh*t and I feel like an oompa-loompa. (cry!!). I am so orange!!! But methinks this is a no for me due to color. Normally I wear Maybelline's Fit Me Matte and Poreless and it is okay... but still haven't found one I really like. And I'm 44... you'd think I would have found one by now....

Currently my favorite foundation, especially during the colder drier months. I have dehydrated combo skin with a high tendency to flake on my nose and cheeks. This manages to keep those at bay through the day. It leaves a slightly dewy finish which I set with powder in my more oily places (I’m looking at you t-zone).

My complaint is that this breaks down around my nose. I have yet to find a foundation that doesn’t, so I guess this is more of an observation than criticism. And the color range is crap. Do better covergirl.

on 11/22/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE SELECTION: buff beige
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- packaging
- long wearing
- satin finish
- easy to blend
- lightweight
- medium to full coverage

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- oxidizes
- Skin looks textured

COMMENTS: Good coverage and longevity, but settles into lines pretty badly and makes skin look very textured no matter what application is used. Keep it mind this oxidizes quite a bit, as well.

Will not repurchase.

on 11/16/2017 12:01:00 PM

Oh how I LOVE this foundation! This stuff doesn't budge. After 8 hours of work, my face looks the same! I've never had such a long lasting foundation! The finish is slightly dewy, and the coverage is medium to full. Total HG status and will definitely repurchase.

on 11/16/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nope. The lightest shade is disappointingly much too dark. The finish is nice and satin much that doesn't do me a lot of good when my face glaringly doesn't match the rest of my body. I think this has decent longevity, or at least it's nothing less than their comparable foundations, though it seems to settle into pores and lines more than one might like.