3.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

24 days ago

I’m not a fan... while this looked great on the beauty gurus I’m not a 20 something with perfect skin. I have discolored, dry-combination skin, with fine lines and pores. This made my skin look flat, matte and emphasized dry skin and texture. From far away this looks fantastic! But... up close this does nothing flattering for me. If you don’t need much help, and have oily skin this might be good for you. But, it’s a NO for me.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

6 months ago

As much as I love the initial application and finish, this foundation oxidizes more than any other foundation that I’ve ever tried. I bought the 2nd lightest shade I believe and it turned to a dark, almost orange color within a few minutes. It almost looked like the color of a bad self tanning product. I tried different primers, application methods, etc. before finally deciding to throw in the towel. I did a swatch test before writing this review just to double check... it’s just flat out orange, and around 3-4 shades darker than the name/color through the bottle would lead you to believe. I wish the oxidation wasn’t an issue because it really does feel good on the skin and looks good for the first few minutes. Good glass bottle with a pump. But overall, definitely a pass for me.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

6 months ago

Love this stuff! Gorgeous natural, long lasting foundation. Blends beautifully. I set it with a loose translucent powder and my bronzer and blush apply like a dream, with little to no transferring. My only complaint is the limited shade range, but, I will definitely buy this lovely foundation again!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

8 months ago

I only discovered this foundation as it was on clearance for $3 at Rite Aid. I didn't read any reviews on it before purchasing and just grabbed the lightest bottle on the shelf (705 Ivory). There were only a few left and I'm kind of kicking myself for not grabbing the rest of them because I LOVE THIS STUFF! I know it's not terribly popular but it is perfect for my summer skin. I'm older (late 30s) and I have a bit of rosacia on my cheeks and larger pores. I get randomly dry skin while also simultaneously becoming oily throughout the day. It's a constant battle finding the right foundation that lasts all day on me and looks smooth and natural. I love the smell of it. I love the formula. It goes on like a dream and makes my forehead look so smooth. It doesn't clog my pores or cause any other weirdness. My *only* gripe, which is a pretty big one, is that the color range was abysmal. 705 Ivory was the lightest shade on the shelf but it is about 2 shades darker than I would normally wear. Fortunately, it is summertime and I get a little tiny tan and it blends in pretty seamlessly, but I wouldn't be able to wear this in the winter at all. The silver lining is that the color doesn't oxidize at all, because if it did, it wouldn't work for me whatsoever. I really hope CG is taking them off the shelves only to make more shades and reintroduce them, because I absolutely love this formula.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

9 months ago

Love this foundation! Pros- Color 710 is a perfect match for me and does not oxidize with wear. Excellent medium coverage, buildable to full coverage. Evens my skin tone beautifully and covers any redness I have. Doesn't look dewy or matte, just a nice natural in-between. Does not settle into lines or accentuate dry areas. Also does not make me oily. Wears extremely well & long on me. I can apply this in the morning, work the full day, then go out afterwards without even retouching. Cons- Packaging. I dislike pump applicators for foundation. I'd rather have a tube so I can squeeze out what I want instead of being forced to dispense the amount the pump wants to give. Only good thing here is that you can unscrew the top for access to the liquid. Also, the plastic lid has a tendency to pop off in my makeup bag. Pro or Con ? This definitely has a scent to it when you apply it. The smell is hard to describe. Slightly medicinal, slightly something else. It kind of reminds me of calamine lotion, which I like so I actually enjoy the scent. I am sure there are people who would find this smell unpleasant though. That said, I can only smell it when applying and about 5 minutes afterwards then I don't notice it any longer.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

I was hesitant to buy this foundation because of the fact that it’s a hydrating foundation and I have oily oily OILY skin. But I bought it anyways and I love it! I usually wear NARS, but this one just lasts wayyyyy longer on the skin and it doesn’t make me oily at all. I always get compliments when I wear this foundation! The only con about this is that it does OXIDIZE. So go lighter.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I like this foundation much more than I thought I would. I thought it would be shiny and bad for long wear days. Boy, was I wrong! I wore this for a 12 hour day and it looked good by the end of it. Of course, I used a primer, powder, and setting spray like I always do. I was so impressed. I've used about half the bottle and have decided I quite like it. Pros: long wearing skin like finish price decent ingredients doesn't age me by sinking into my fine lines Cons: packaging, my pump stopped working color range could be better but it's not horrible either I'll keep this one in my collection. I just need to find my perfect shade.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

So the only reason I wouldn’t buy this product again is because their lightest shade, Ivory, is way too dark for me. Normally I don’t have an issue with this in other companies and I was surprised by this. In fact I remember being in my teens and using covergirl foundations in ivory and it was a great match back then. I’m very fair but normally ivory or the lightest shade works just fine. The coverage was very nice, no cakeyness. It is full coverage, which I like in winter. The price is just right. Can’t complain in that regard. It does leave a nice ‘glowy’ finish. This foundation is by far the highest quality they have produced. I usually buy higher end to get this type of finish. So that’s a plus.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesGreen

a year ago

I overall plan on having this as a staple in my make up drawer. I like to compare this to a BB cream for those who need more coverage than a BB cream normally offers, but with the benefits. On bad skin days I definitely have to put in work to conceal my acne, otherwise I feel it is a great foundation with great packaging, and doesn't direclty cause breakouts. The scent may be a deal breaker for some, I personally don't mind most fragrances. This is definitely medium coverage so if it's a bad skin day I'll use something else, bur for the most part I can't find a lot of dislikes with this foundation.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

Goes on smoothly and easily, with medium coverage and a nice satin finish. Not drying at all, and scent is inoffensive. However, it quickly oxidizes to orange on my pale skin.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair