Revlon Mega Multiplier mascara

Mega Multiplier mascaraMega Multiplier mascara

3.5

on 10/13/2017 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Run away! This mascara SUCKS! It's underwhelming, no volume and just a little length. I didn't even REALIZE it was a TUBING mascara until I looked up the claims online. Where is the volume of a tubing mascara??? It makes your lashes look weird and jagged up close. My lashes looked super flat all day.

I do not recommend and didn't even finish my tube. Yuck!

on 10/4/2017 9:23:00 AM

Love this tubing mascara. I have worn Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara for about 8 years and have loved it (it's a tubing formula too) but was looking for something cheaper. This Revlon mascara hasn't budged, hasnt irritated my extremely sensitive eyes and has come off really easily with Paula's Choice makeup remover and pad. It provides a very natural look but I'm no makeup artist so others may know tricks to get more oomph out of it but I 'm happy with looking natural! Its an absolute bargain if you want a natural looking, non irritating, non budging mascara. Picked it up on special gor $10 AUD at Chemist Warehouse. Very happy!!

on 7/14/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Edit Oct 2017: I added a lippie. I actually do like this mascara when I layer it over another mascara (my version of using a primer, as someone else suggested) - I get beautiful thick non-clumpy lashes! But it's such a PITA to have to use 2 different mascaras....

Revlon, you have let me down again. I'd sworn off Revlon mascaras a long time ago, but I was hooked by the ads with Gwen Stefani, and by the positive reviews on here. I'm giving this 2 stars just because I like the packaging (especially the "click" when closing the tube) and the formula being fragrance-free. But this mascara does ALMOST NOTHING for the lashes. No volume, no length. Just a wet slightly clumpy application and a bit of darker colour. The only way I can make this work is if I layer it over another mascara. PS. It's easy to remove with just warm water, and it's kind of cool to see the tubes washing off in clumps.

on 9/20/2017 10:52:00 PM

I can only wear tubing mascara as all other types smudge under my eyes, waterproof included. So I was happy to find another drugstore tubing option other than L'Oréal - which I don't love but in a pinch it works. Anyhoo - I like this one, the brush is good, no panda eyes, stays on all day, inexpensive. I am on my 2nd tube. Happy :)

on 9/27/2017 2:57:00 PM

I have asian thin lashes!
Summary:
Thick formula but gave me natural looking lashes? Very easy to apply too much and smudge it all over your undereye or lashline.
Hard to build up
Didnt hold a curl
More length than anything, hardly any volume
Easy to wash off and didnt smudge

Full review:

Received my product from influenster but my reviews are my own and honest! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara isn't really a "mega multiplier", more like a soft fluttery natural finish which isn't a bad thing but I was hoping for some real "oomph" when wearing it. The real disappointing part is that it does flake, or maybe it is the fibers that come off, but regardless there are small bits under the lower lashes after wearing for only a few hours. I really like tubing mascaras but this one is nowhere near as good as the L'Oreal Double Extend that comes with a primer on one end and the mascara on the other. The blackest black shade isn't as deep as I'd like, but it's not horrible. The wand is a cone shaped standard bristle style which seems to be necessary for tubing as it wraps and coats each lash with product. The best thing about this mascara is that it doesn't clump so there is no wrestling with that.

For a drugstore tubing mascara, I'd recommend L'Oreal over this one. I'll use it up but won't repurchase.

on 6/17/2017 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Please note that I do believe that there is a learning curve when it comes to a tubing mascara. The thing one needs to remember with a tubing mascara is to use a primer first and it is here that one does all the work laying it on thick, possibly wiggling it for volume and really working it, even heavily handed if need-be. The tubing mascara should been then applied before the primer dries from root to tip in one smooth stroke. Don't wiggle or focus on the tips of the lashed as doing to will result in uneven tubed or odd balls at the tip of the lashes that look spidery and unattractive. I have no issues covering the heavy white primer with this mascara which is the goal here, simply cover the white in a thick, even coat of mascara. Keeping this all in mind I really like the ability to buy a tubing mascara from a drugstore. I did however find that combing through with a plastic comb was difficult as the polymer felt as though it was sticking to the comb, not a good feeling but I still like and wear this mascara. Removal is easy as long a one is not weird about touching there eyelashes directly as one will need to gently slide tubed off when it is time to remove. Hot water makes with easy but I have also been able to remove with just jojoba oil when water was not available although hot/warm water is definitely easier. I hope tubing mascara will continue to be an option be it this or another brand. I am very happy to have discovered Mega Multiplier mascara.

on 6/14/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought this in plum brown and I'm disappointed. It took multiple swipes to get any color to show up at all and it was weak at best, definitely more light brown than anything and I don't get any plum. I might try it over black but I'm pretty sure it will just get lost.

I love tube mascaras and they are usually expensive and hard to find in drugstores. I usually wear fiberwig but they are like 20 bucks on Amazon (I've been buying it for years now). Anyway I'm really glad Revlon came out with a more affordable version. I don't wear a lot of eye make so the warm water rinse off is awesome. Both of these mascaras are very buildable, so its does takes time to build up to the perfect look. One or two coats is what i normally wear for work and more if i want a more dramatic look. So the trick to getting a more volumizing look with tube mascaras in general is to wait for the coat to dry and then applying. I always alternate the eyes to save time. It wore really nicely throughout the day and since I'm asian, it even held the curl to my super straight lashes. I didn't have any flakes or smudges from morning to night and I'm a big smudger especially since its allergy season. I'm not sure how tubes work exactly but tube mascaras doesn't come off or smudge when i get teary eyed but come off easily when i hop into the shower. So long story short...since this mascara is similar to the fiberwig but less expensive.....I have a new favorite.

I love this mascara!! The Revlon Dramatic Definition, purple cap, is my absolute favorite mascara, not only from Revlon, but all mascaras. This one is really nice at volumizing and defining my lashes. This is a must try!! The brush makes it easy to apply and it lasts all day on me, with no flaking or smudging. This is a steal at the price!