MAC Kajal Crayon

MAC Kajal Crayon

1 review

on 4/20/2017 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I know this is a limited edition product, but hopefully MAC will make it permanent. I was looking for a liner that will stay on my upper waterline. I read really good things about this on Temptalia so I bought it in Flourish Me Deep. It's not perfect, but I can make it work. I really love the packaging and the shape. I love that it's not a pencil. I'm always freaked out I'll hurt my eyes with the wooden part of an eyepencil. If I just throw it on my waterline it will migrate to the lower waterline. But someone here on MUA suggested I try to keep my eyes open and look up for like 10 seconds after I've applied it and also leave a bit of time between two applications. I also noticed that if I use another liner on my lower waterline (e. g. an Essence nude one or MAC Powersurge or even this same kajal liner) the liner on the upper waterline will stay there better. And I need to apply the liner to my lower waterline first and let it set a bit. I know it sounds like a lot of work but this is the best way I've found to make sure the liner stays on my upper waterline. It will still migrate after about 6 hours, but still better than half an hour. I've tried a few others before, the best was Bare Minerals Round the Clock e/l, but it's discontinued and (probably because it's old) it sometime crumbled/flaked onto my cheeks, not a lot, but still. Others I've tried: MAC Technakohl in Graphblack, I have to go over my waterlines many times to have a decent line and it'll disappear anyway in a couple of hours. Inglot Kohl pencil in black is not bad, but it'll still migrate to my lower lashline and the pencil form freaks me out. I might experiment with it more and try to make it work with the 'tricks' I'm using for the MAC kajal crayon and see. I don't have a lot of options where I live so I'm happy MAC is available to me here and I'm really happy with this liner, but it's not 100%. (I doubt anything would be for this purpose.)