Coastal Scents Hot Pot Regalia Purple (S14)

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 4/18/2017 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this from the Winterberry and Fall Festival Palettes. It is actually a blue based purple when swatched, rather than purple -however on my NC20 skin, it actually looks dark purple. My skin sometimes changes the appearance of shadows, so this may vary on you. It has a slight shimmer when swatched, but it looks quite matte once applied.

It is very patchy to apply, has poor pigmentation and is difficult to blend. I literally went back and forth between my e/s to the eyelid 10x just for one eyelid (!). I also needed to clean up after, so I suggest if you use this, to do the eyes 1st. It really is an effort to use this color.

Since I have 2 of these, I've been trying to make this work.

1. A smoky combo which is decent is Chamois nude (base; from the Fall festival palette), Regalia purple on eyelid, and Cherry chocolate (outer v from the Fall festival palette). I use a matte neutral brown e.g. Mac's Wedge as a transition color.
2. Another smoky combo: Lavender (eyelid), Regalia purple (outer v), MUG's Beaches and cream as a base and Tan lines (transition color).
3. Smoky combo: White silver (eyelid), Regalia purple (outer v)
4. Another combo: Revlon Sun Soleil bronzer as transition, Regalia purple all over then Bright Copper on the eyelid. That way the look is warmed up. It looks very similar look to the Raisin Berry/Cherry Chocolate combination.
5. Thuliun pink (eyelid), Regalia purple (outer v) for a nice pink pop
6. Light Plum on the lid, Regalia purple on the outer v.
7. My favourite neutral look for work: Amber Lights on the lid, Regalia purple on the outer v.

I really like some of the e/s in both CS palettes, but I really don't like this e/s at all. Not recommend.

Top Rated Eye Shadow