MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid Tint spf50

MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid Tint spf50
mychelle tinted ss in nude light /medSun Shield Liquid Tint spf50showing generous layer of mychelle tinted ss all o

4.5

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide - 16.1 Inactive Ingredients: Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Bentonite, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Diheptyl Succinate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein / PVP Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Maltose, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Trihydroxystearin, Water.

on 10/22/2018 5:59:00 PM

I am so sad to write this review! I have very sensitive, acne prone skin w rosacea and I haven’t found a sunscreen I can use since Olay reformulated their sensitive skin line. All the reviews of this product seemed positive and I was optimistic as it contained only zinc.... It’s in a very messy pump bottle (obviously not a deal breaker). I wore it for a full week on my forehead, nose, and chin without a problem. It goes on very matte (may be too drying for those w very dry skin). It doesn’t blend well but if you put it on over moisturized skin it’s ok. It felt great! No stinging at all! My cheeks are my rosacea and acne nightmares, so I never try a product on them first. But after a week without issues on the rest of my face, I dove in. 2 days of wearing this on my full face over the weekend.....went to bed last night with a small pimple....woke up this morning with another, didn’t even put this on today, and by end of work, there are several congested pores on both cheeks. Deeply disappointed, no idea if it’s the high zinc content or another ingredient bothering me, but I guess it’s back to going sunscreen-less. The search for sensitive skin sunblock continues. :(

The reason I am taking the time to write this review (I never do) is because I find this sunscreen to be truly outstanding. I am the other side of 35, fair skin, combination prone to eczema. Two pumps of the Nude tinted version give a nice even coverage, and the mattifying power is truly outstanding! I have never had an oil-free T-zone for 5 to 6 hours before this sunscreen. However, I find that without a moisturiser underneath, the sunscreen tends to dry my skin out a bit. The fact that it is a physical exclusive with clean ingredients make this product a winner.

One star off because of the atrocious dispensing action: the pump is the worst I have ever experienced. Even if you direct it closely to the palm of your hand, it manages to squirt on your bathroom sink and clothes, so I am joining the chorus of previous reviewers who complained about it, kindly asking MyChelle to redesign the pump so that this becomes the absolute star product it is meant to be.

on 8/27/2018 6:13:00 PM

This is a very good tinted high spf sunscreen that's not too thick. The Nude is good for my light-medium skin since I have a tan--I think this would be too dark for me in winter. I don't need foundation when I use this--it's like a medium-full foundation to me--heavier coverage than a BB cream or tinted moisturizer, since I apply a lot.

One off for the pump, which sometimes squirts too much out and stains, even when I'm careful--would prefer a tube. But since you have to shake the product a lot, a tube might not work.

This applies beautifully and gives the right amount of tint for my Asian, nc25 skin but it pills up.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Lightest shade Nude is 5-6 shades too deep & pink for me ... and yet, here I am giving this sunscreen a perfect score. Sun Shield Liquid Tint is a potential holy grail product.

Potential.

It's got SPF 50, 16.1% zinc, no silicones, a matte, traceless finish, & evens out the complexion sans heavy coverage. FYI: 6 pumps yield the necessary quarter-teaspoon minimum required for protection - that's why the shade & tone matter. "A little goes a long way" doesn't apply to sunscreen.

Yes, about that shade & tone: the lightest Nude is a deep-pink NW35. I'm a yellow-toned NC5-10, so wearing this is out of the question even if I've sunless-tanned myself all the way to an NC25. Am I wanting to purchase a separate product - e.g., lightening drops with silicones - to mix this sunscreen with so I can have the privilege of wearing it? Nope.

I say expand the shade range on both ends & keep the tones neutral - at least for now. (But for selfish reasons, I prefer warm!) Let more people enjoy what is such a fantastic sunscreen.

MyChelle, I'll take the sloppy squirty pump. Just put out more shades!

on 4/23/2018 3:09:00 PM

I purchased the nude based on recommendations here. I really like it. I have dry, sensitive skin and an allergy to dimethicone. I've been using this for five days on a trip to Florida that included a 10K race. No sunburn, no breakouts. I use a moisturizer under it and add a couple drops of squalane (which is also new to me) to it in my palm. More matte than I am used to, but doesn't seem to make my wrinkles any worse (which I can't say about many things now). Finding "hydrating" products without dimethicone nowadays is so difficult that I had given up wearing foundation. Because of a history with basal cell skin cancer, I must wear sunscreen. This checks the sunscreen box and helps a bit in the "camouflage the age spots" box.

This is my go to sunscreen. I love it & the fact that it has great reviews! it's wonderful and glinds on so well and I also use it as a foundation regularly. I really like that it doesn't feel heavy on my skin and that I can remove it with a quick wash. Totally recommend it for all skin types.

on 1/3/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Well, it’s a Holy Grail. I would venture to say that even if it didn’t have the spf 50, i might use it as a tinted moisturizer. I have the darker of the two shades (Nude.) It may prove to be a touch light for my NC40 skin in the summer, but I can add something to deepen it (pigment drops.)

I have very dry, reactive skin. This spf 50 comes from 16% Zinc oxide. No breakouts. None.

The finish is sheer, obviously; this dries down to a beautiful matte, light coverage. With reviews, I think it helps to know which similar products people like-I’m a fan of Glossier skin tint, MAC F & B, Cargo in the silvery, bag-like bottle and Neutrogena serum foundation/Hydro-Boost.

This pairs well with Cle De Peau Ochre concealer and a dusting of powder. Great for running or as an everyday sunscreen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is truly an HG product. I have spent thousands of dollars on skincare, much of which has been dedicated to finding an elegant and comfortable sunscreen formulation that will layer well with makeup, not make my sensitive skin feel like it's being submerged in a vat of boiling oil (chemical), and not leave a white cast (physical).

This is the answer!

I've already used two bottles, both of which I purchased on sale at Whole Foods. There was an adorable woman who barely spoke English standing next to me and obsessing over this product. She bought ALL the bottles in Nude. I bought two in Natural Tan.

While this product can, of course, be worn solo, my preferred means of application is as a sunscreen "booster" to make my own tinted moisturizer:

1 Pump MyChelle Sun Shield
1 Pump Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
1 Dollop CoverGirl Clean Sensitive Foundation
3 Drops of Squalane

This DIY formulation has weaned me off of a very expensive Laura Mercier TM habit. Not only is the above recipe more economical, but it is far more natural looking, and with better ingredients to boot. I cannot tell you how many people think I have stopped wearing makeup (I have not). Most recently, my stylist at DryBar said "I am so sorry--I washed too much of your hairline because I didn't think you were wearing makeup!" My best friend, another skincare/makeup obsessive, said my skin looked "incredible" and asked how I "wasn't wearing makeup" (I was).

Also, please don't take a lippie off for MyChelle's annoying pump bottle, which, if pointed away from your palm, will inevitably shoot product across your bathroom. Just point it into your hand and stop whining. Products like this come around less frequently than a total solar eclipse. Be grateful!

Pleased to say that I just took this relationship to the next level with an Amazon Subscribe and Save.

on 9/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

What a hidden gem. This stuff is HG for my sensitive oily acne prone skin. Where do I start. First it's a photo stable physical sunscreen of spf 50 with all natural healthy natural ingredients and it's ecofriendly. Second, it doesn't break me out and most sunscreens do or give me any adverse reactions, and I'm super sensitive. Third, it gives me a decent amount of coverage (enough to even out my skin tone) with a matte finish that controls my oil and looks natural all day. I think the only thing that could turn people off is the color selection. There's only 2 that are midtone, and they're both yellow (which works well for my C5/NC37 Eurasian skin). Another minor flaw is that this is very liquidy so when you squirt it, it can be messy if you're not careful but the product itself is amazing so I could care less. For reference, I use the light/medium.

Update: this stuff has no lasting power if you're going in the water/sweat so I would only recommend this if you're indoors all day. I wore this to an hour hike where I was sweating a lot and it was almost gone by the end the hike. I was also pretty sunburnt :( bummer.