MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid Tint spf50

MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid Tint spf50
mychelle tinted ss in nude light /medSun Shield Liquid Tint spf50showing generous layer of mychelle tinted ss all o

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide - 16.1 Inactive Ingredients: Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Bentonite, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Diheptyl Succinate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein / PVP Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Maltose, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Trihydroxystearin, Water.

on 1/3/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Well, it’s a Holy Grail. I would venture to say that even if it didn’t have the spf 50, i might use it as a tinted moisturizer. I have the darker of the two shades (Nude.) It may prove to be a touch light for my NC40 skin in the summer, but I can add something to deepen it (pigment drops.)

I have very dry, reactive skin. This spf 50 comes from 16% Zinc oxide. No breakouts. None.

The finish is sheer, obviously; this dries down to a beautiful matte, light coverage. With reviews, I think it helps to know which similar products people like-I’m a fan of Glossier skin tint, MAC F & B, Cargo in the silvery, bag-like bottle and Neutrogena serum foundation/Hydro-Boost.

This pairs well with Cle De Peau Ochre concealer and a dusting of powder. Great for running or as an everyday sunscreen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is truly an HG product. I have spent thousands of dollars on skincare, much of which has been dedicated to finding an elegant and comfortable sunscreen formulation that will layer well with makeup, not make my sensitive skin feel like it's being submerged in a vat of boiling oil (chemical), and not leave a white cast (physical).

This is the answer!

I've already used two bottles, both of which I purchased on sale at Whole Foods. There was an adorable woman who barely spoke English standing next to me and obsessing over this product. She bought ALL the bottles in Nude. I bought two in Natural Tan.

While this product can, of course, be worn solo, my preferred means of application is as a sunscreen "booster" to make my own tinted moisturizer:

1 Pump MyChelle Sun Shield
1 Pump Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
1 Dollop CoverGirl Clean Sensitive Foundation
3 Drops of Squalane

This DIY formulation has weaned me off of a very expensive Laura Mercier TM habit. Not only is the above recipe more economical, but it is far more natural looking, and with better ingredients to boot. I cannot tell you how many people think I have stopped wearing makeup (I have not). Most recently, my stylist at DryBar said "I am so sorry--I washed too much of your hairline because I didn't think you were wearing makeup!" My best friend, another skincare/makeup obsessive, said my skin looked "incredible" and asked how I "wasn't wearing makeup" (I was).

Also, please don't take a lippie off for MyChelle's annoying pump bottle, which, if pointed away from your palm, will inevitably shoot product across your bathroom. Just point it into your hand and stop whining. Products like this come around less frequently than a total solar eclipse. Be grateful!

Pleased to say that I just took this relationship to the next level with an Amazon Subscribe and Save.

on 9/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

What a hidden gem. This stuff is HG for my sensitive oily acne prone skin. Where do I start. First it's a photo stable physical sunscreen of spf 50 with all natural healthy natural ingredients and it's ecofriendly. Second, it doesn't break me out and most sunscreens do or give me any adverse reactions, and I'm super sensitive. Third, it gives me a decent amount of coverage (enough to even out my skin tone) with a matte finish that controls my oil and looks natural all day. I think the only thing that could turn people off is the color selection. There's only 2 that are midtone, and they're both yellow (which works well for my C5/NC37 Eurasian skin). Another minor flaw is that this is very liquidy so when you squirt it, it can be messy if you're not careful but the product itself is amazing so I could care less. For reference, I use the light/medium.

on 9/26/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have melasma and only use physical sunscreens SPF 40 or over. I have found good results from this practice for the last several years. There aren't a lot of BB/CC creams that have enough physical sunscreen (IT Cosmetics is way too heavy and mask-like for me). I had tried a bunch of BB/CC creams OVER my Shishiedo sunscreen, but it was a lot of steps and they never looked like they made a difference. I am 55 so I can't just go bare faced without looking blotchy and dull.

I came upon this product by accident and WOW, I love it! It is liquidy, light going on, but somehow puts just enough tint and a slight bit of matte-ness on my face that I look 80% better. It's enough that I will go outside and sometimes go all day with just this on! It's perfect for those in a rush or low key days. I love that I can kill 2 birds with one stone (sunscreen and color) finally!

If I want to look more perfected, I apply foundation just on the T-zone and my few dark spots on my cheeks. It gives a great effect.

The packaging is sturdy. I took this on a 2-week vacation with multiple trains, flights, etc. and it didn't leak once. Nor did I get any sun-darkening even though we were outdoors most days.

Notes about this product:

1) It literally RUNS all over your hand when you squirt it into your hand so be careful; don't tip your hand at all.

2) A lot comes out when you squirt it. This bugged me until I realized it's not foundation, it's sunscreen--so this is the amount of sunscreen you SHOULD put on your face! It's about 2x the amount that covers my face, but I just put a second coat on my dark spots. Wait for it to dry before applying foundation, blush, etc.

3) One downside: If you wear it during exercise and wipe your face it WILL leave color on your towel. If I'm working out or something super sweaty, I usually wear colorless sunscreen instead.

I am about 1/3 through my first bottle and debating stocking up because I love this so much I'm sure they'll discontinue it soon, ha!

I am using the "Natural Tan - Medium/Dark". This is a fantastic product. Vegan (not tested on animals + no animal ingredients), no phthalates or parabens, no oxybenzone, good rating on Environmental Working Group (EWG). medium/light coverage - looks like my skin. To fully cover pigment irregularities I would need to use a concealer in addition.I have very dry skin so I put a thick moisturizer on first and it still stays set without powder. It has a dryer matte finish but not so matte that I look like a porcelain doll. I imagine if you have oilier skin you could use a very light moisturizer or serum underneath and powder if necessary. No fragrance. This is dark/tan shade has less orange and more bluish or olive undertones. I bought it at Sprouts Grocery store - it was under $20. I feel like this is a good deal since I could spend alot more at Sephora for a 50spf foundation that wasn't as safe or vegan. Stayed on all day. It's pretty thin liquid coming out of the bottle. It has metal balls in the bottle to help with mixing which is important to do to increase the thickness. I don't mind that much as it dries quickly and covers well. Application is probably easiest with a sponge.

on 5/16/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this over the weekend and wore it on an intense 8.5 mile hike. My skin felt comfortable and it did not run the entire time. No stinging in my eyes. I wore this again the next day on a normal exertion day and it did not make my skin oily at all. This goes on matte but not dry looking. It's light coverage and hid all my discolorations. I needed some concealer on a few very dark spots. I can see wearing just this with some powder. It's very natural looking and makes my skin look nice. I break out easily and this hasn't broken me out after 3 days of wearing it each day. As of now it's an excellent product and I feel I may have found my favorite sunscreen/foundation!!! Plus it's vegan and cruelty free!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have acne prone, oily skin and I love this product!

I purchased the nude color and I have medium skin--the natural tan color was way too dark for me. The tint is really sheer, yet it somehow makes my skin look better. I actually stopped wearing foundation since buying this and I ALWAYS used to wear foundation. It makes my skin matte (if you're oily, you will love this) and I no longer get the oil slick in the middle of the day like I used to. I haven't broken out since using this. There's no scent which is always a plus.

The only thing I did not like is the packaging and how runny it is. It drips all over the bottle when you pump it out and sometimes splatters if you press too hard.

on 4/17/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so very impressed! this ss could replace bb cream or sheer foundations. It feels like nothing on the skin, very light and no slimey silicone residues. The tint itself is going to be a sticking point for many, will work best for yellow to olive based skin in light to med range. It is a half shade darker thatn my winter skin, but the tone is perfect for me so it is easy to make it work. It calls itself a matte finish, but it is not dead matte, it reflects very much like bare skin does. It is one of the most natural looking products i have ever used and super comfortable! Has 16% zinc as the active ss. Not waterproof. Well built pump in glass container with blender balls inside. 1oz was less than $14 usd at Wegmans.