NYX Professional Makeup Stripped Off Cleansing Balm

NYX Professional Makeup Stripped Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Fragrance/Parfum, Water/Aqua/Eau, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Butylene Glycol, 1, 2-Hexandiol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried the boscia charcoal cleansing balm and it’s great; only downside is the price. For $40, you only get 85g. This nyx cleansing balm I got at London Drugs (for my fellow Canadians) for $15.99 + tax for 100g.

In my experience, I haven’t felt any “film” residue after the wash .. so not sure what’s going on there with the other reviews. I also prefer to use make up remover for my eyes prior to the balm so I can’t say if it works well or not for waterproof eyeliners & mascaras.
**EDIT: It removes waterpoof eyeliner and mascaras really well. All completely off.

Pros:
- Works just as well as the boscia balm - I personally like nyx more because it’s not an oily balm like boscia. The oily feeling is gross to me.
- removes all face make up: my high end matte foundation perfectly (and it’s a stubborn foundation to remove)
- a little goes a long way
- the price to product ratio!

Cons:
- kind of unsanitary because there is no spatula or a way of scooping out the product (as others have said)

I love this drug store cleansing balm and I can’t see why I would take it out of my skincare routine. BUY IT IF YOURE ON A BUDGET!

on 12/27/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Compared to more pricey oil cleanse options (Dermalogica or Clinique), this is an efficient cleansing balm. Moisturising, very light floral fragrance (not too overpowering), it turns slightly milky when water is added and rinses off clean. It hasn't broken out my cystic acne prone skin yet, but then I'm not using it daily. Leaves a slight bit of residue. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the packaging - it feels unhygenic to dip fingers into the pot, especially when you're mid-makeup removal. I wish more oil cleansers would come in pump form, like the Dermalogica Precleanse Balm.

on 10/24/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent and very cost effective alternative to Clinique's TTDO balm. I came across this on Ulta's website and decided to give it a shot. It's a bit more dense than Clinique's but still does a good job as a makeup remover. It's not meant to be the only cleanser you use, so a 2nd cleanse is necessary. There is a very faint scent to it, but sometimes I don't even notice it. It does leave a bit of a film on the skin after rinsing - another reason a 2nd cleanse is needed. Unfortunately Ulta no longer carries it but it is still available on the NYX website. If the TTDO is out of your budget, get this balm.

on 4/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

I bought this to see how it compares to Clinique's TTDO Cleansing Balm. Out of all the cleansing balms I've tried this one comes the closest, and it costs only about half as much.

NYX's Stripped Off Cleansing Balm does an excellent job of removing all of my makeup, very thorough but gentle too. The balm is solid in the jar but it melts into oil form after about a minute of massage. I can feel it breaking everything down, even my mascara. Rinses off cleanly and leaves no film behind.

It isn't fragrance-free, but the fragrance that it does have is so subtle that it's barely noticeable.

Just an great product all-around. I've been really impressed with it and I will definitely buy this again. Recommended!!