MILANI Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting Concealer

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 10/27/2018 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so annoyed with this concealer. Don't know what shade I got, it doesn't matter.

I bought this about a month ago and have been using it daily. On my dark circles and over blemishes.

On the undereyes, it works fine. Nothing to write home about, but I wasn't mad about it.

However, I've had the same 3 blemishes on my cheek for over a month. No matter what, they wouldn't go away. Every day I would cover them with this concealer, and they would never go away or get any better.

I finally realized... this concealer is REALLY oily. So I checked the ingredients list, and it contains vegetable oil. Vegetable oil!! I've seen many different types of oils with beneficial skincare properties used in makeup products. But vegetable oil... I'm like WHYYY? No wonder I've had these gross oily blemishes for a month.

I went out and actually spent good money on an oil-free concealer, so I'll use it up and report back.

I wouldn't repurchase this, nor would I recommend it. It's pricey for the drugstore (I spent like $10 bucks on this at Walgreens, and you really don't get much product). It barely lasted 3 weeks. And I took the foam applicator tip off as soon as I bought it. This was a fail for me and I do not recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Beautiful thin consistency with a fair amount of coverage, it looks very natural and bright when blended out. You have to set it fast after blending because the liquid consistency does crease quite a bit. It can be layered for more coverage, it is very buildable. If you have very dark circles and need more high potency coverage though, this concealer might not be for you.

Let's start with the good thing: The shade I use (light medium) is YELLOW. Which I love. So many drugstore concealers around this depth are always neutral or peachy or straight up pink. So because this is very obviously yellow, every time I apply it, I fall in love a little.

Unfortunately, the love affair doesn't last long...It ends right as I'm blending it out.

When I blend it, it does this thing where some parts are kind of separating. Like there'll be dry concealer sitting noticeably in certain patches. Typically I only use the elf under eye primer. And I figure 'this patchiness/separation must be happening because my under eyes are dry and I haven't prepped enough. So next time, I apply The Ordinary Squalane oil as well.

Patchiness/separation still there.

Ok...then I did Elf Under Eye Primer --> Clinique Eye Cream --> The Ordinary Squalane Oil.

Results: Huzzah! Instead of several areas of patchiness and separation, there's now only one area.....yay?

And the wear is pretty bad. Three hours in and the creasing is quite horrific. My Fit Me concealer doesn't crease this bad unless I wear it for 8-10 hours. My Colourpop concealer doesn't crease this noticeably no matter how long I wear it. But I must say, the Milani concealer doesn't seem to crease on me as much as the LA Girl Pro Conceal.

Overall, I wouldn't reccommend if you have dry under eyes and struggle with creasing. But if you don't have those issue, you should definitely give this a go! I suggest drawing on with a brush then patting in with a sponge/fingers.

OH but tip: Take the sponge applicator off. It's useless and soaks up product.

EDIT 12/04/18:
I've come to realize that the patchiness and separation I've experienced isn't due to the concealer, but due to the Elf under eye primer I apply beforehand. After taking the primer out, this applies So much nicer! The creasing is still a bit of an issue, so it's best to use less, or pair it with a more longwearing concealer (I pair it with my colourpop). But it does look quite good.

on 11/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The product is nice, but the shade range is god awful. Calling the lightest shade fair is laughable. On my porcelain skin, ot is 3 shades too dark. I have to mix it with my kat von d white out concealer. The sponge tip is useless. It just soaks up product. I ripped it out. With that being said, the formula is lovely. I would say it's high medium coverage. It makes my under eyes look smooth, very reminescent of ud's naked skin concealer. It's a bit dry on my dry skin, but I think that's due the kvd. This concealer wears beautifully too. It lasts all day. Once set with powder this does not move. It hardly settles into fine lines. This would be a great concealer for mature skin. It looks like it doesn't hold a lot of product, but actually has a bit more than Maybelline age rewind. Would love to repurchase, but shade range needs work.

on 6/16/2017 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

The thickest, most opaque drugstore concealer I have encountered. I took the squishy foam part off because there was no reason for it to be there. It reminds me of Kat Von d lock it concealer cream or NARS radiant creamy. Opaque coverage. When set with a loose powder it lasts all day. I think it is a bit expensive at $9.99 but I also have $29 NARS in my arsenal. Just for drugstore I would have liked it to be cheaper. I would repurchase. Got the color deep and it is a highlight shade on my NW 45 skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty solid concealer - I really like the coverage it give but it's not a stand-out in my collection. The applicator does not actually blend in anything but i don't mind just squeezing some out onto a finger and dabbing the product under my eye. the consistency reminds me a lot of the Nars creamy radiant concealer and both act very similarly on me in terms of both coverage and wear. It creases a bit on me by the end of the day but nothing too dramatic.

on 4/14/2017 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh....

Eh......

It's alright I guess. It covers for the most part. In a pinch, when I've run out of a concealer I like more, I suppose using this isn't the worst, but only on blemishes. Never the undereye.

But it's kinda dry and cakey, and settles into fine lines even after being set with powder. I'm not sure how they can call this "light lifting", seeing as it seems to do exactly the opposite.

It's not too expensive; Milani is generally affordable across the board.

The packaging kinda stinks. The sponge tip is too hard to properly help blend the product, so it just sort of moves the concealer around.

Over all, it's not the worst thing that ever happened to concealer, but it's a long way from the best.

I don't get it. Milani creates some of the most amazing eye, lip, and cheek products. But their face products are kinda vom, if I'm being honest.