2.0

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 months ago

Came in a kit with other warm weather items. This is a stick deo with a stiff, hard consistency. It's tough to get on the underarms. I liked the size that came with my kit (about twice the size of a film canister) and it fit in my makeup bag well. It is free of bad ingredients. The price is high for the size.It just is awful to put on so I really can't recommend it.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

4 months ago

I find this a very good deodorant for my sensitive skin. No irritation and no fragrance. It was scratchy the first time I used it but after that it glided on easily and kept me fresh. There was no stickiness or residue and I only needed one swipe under each arm. Good product.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

a year ago

I generally like Tarte products but this deodorant is horrible. It just does not work and the crazy thing, is that it seems to cause B.O. if you don't normally have it. I've tried it several times and every time it was a complete and utter fail. I've used many vegan, natural deodorants in search of the ones that actually perform well but this one consistently ranks as the worst one for me. Cute packaging and decent price but that's about it.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

1.0

3 years ago

I've been using Lavanila deodorant for several years but decided to try Clean Queen during the recent Tarte 30% off F&F sale. As a vegan and overall health nut, I try to use only natural and cruelty-free deodorants. When I saw this on Tarte's site I knew I had to try it. I've been very satisfied with Lavanila, but it is quite expensive: $16 for the Sport version (the one I use most often) and $14 for the others. I figured if I like Clean Queen, I would buy it during their F&F sales, saving quite a bit of money in the long run. The packaging is very cute: mainly blue with a lavender Chevron design. The deodorant itself has a pleasant, clean scent and goes on very smoothly. Now for performance... I first applied Clean Queen at around 7 AM and by 10 AM I had a strong odor coming from my armpits. I promptly reapplied it but was stinking again by noon. I put more on at around 3:00 PM. At 8:00 PM, I was disgustingly smelly so I wiped down my armpits with a baby wipe and applied my Lavanila deodorant. I stayed fresh for the remainder of the evening. Before each reapplication of Clean Queen, I sniffed my armpits to see if I could detect any whiff of deodorant, but all I could smell was body odor. It was as if I hadn't applied any deodorant at all! The day I tested it was not a super hot -- high 70s -- and I was in AC all day long. At no time did I sweat or workout, nor was I particularly active that day. Sadly, this was a major fail for me. I will keep using my beloved Lavanila deodorant (please see my review for more information).

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age44-55