Urban Decay De-Slick Complexion Primer

No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/18/2017 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this for when I'm crazy oily, plus at the moment I'm using a moisturiser/spf that leaves me very shiny and exacerbates the size of my pores (but it doesn't break me out so I continue to use it). This definitely mattifies better than any other product I've tried, but if I use too much it feels tight and 'can' cake on drier bits. I also think you have to be quick applying this to get a smooth finish. As a side note, I don't use silicones in any of my other skin care products to avoid any pilling/ unnecessary clumping.

on 8/11/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very weird product.. As everyone knows you have to pat this into the skin, not rub! Well I tried this method and found that it left a horrible white cast on my t zone where I applied it. And then when I put my foundation on it stuck and clumped up all over my nose and looked disgusting.. So I tryed applying the primer with a damp beauty blender and I noticed it didn't leave any white cast.. Then applied my foundation and it looked absolutely fine. It is a very time consuming product and can be a mission. Once you suss out how to apply it though it is great for keeping oils at bay!

on 5/27/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have normal to dry skin. So I took a chance with this primer which I imagine is designed more for oily skin gals. I apply this before my moisturizer by patting it onto my face (not rubbing). It goes on rather liquidy but dries down to a powdery finish. One pump covers my whole face. I work on my eye makeup next and then foundation so everything has had a chance to dry. The primer instantly makes my skin look sooo good and PORELESS! Also I notice that my makeup stays fresher longer throughout the day. No noticeable scent. Love this! $34 for .9 oz.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This works pretty good at keeping me matte.
BUT (and this is a pretty big but) it settles in my fine lines and makes me look older.
I'm pretty sure a matte & old looking face is not a good look, so it's going back to the store!!!

on 7/1/2017 5:13:00 PM

I love this stuff. I've tried a lot of primers for my oily skin and this is the only one that keeps the oil at bay. Although it is pricey, I would definitely repurchase.

I absolutely love it, I have super oily skin and the town where I live has a super hot and humid climate. With this primer my makeup lasts long enough to get me through the day and doesn't make me all shiny.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

despise this primer... it feels nice and mattifying at first, but once foundation and concealer goes on (and I've tried it with many - maybelline fit me matte, muf hd, itcosmetics cc etc), it makes everything patch up and go on weird and blotchy. I had to layer a few times over certain areas where I had the primer before it would look anywhere near smooth. I tried to stick it out in hopes of having some good oil control but there was none of that either. Oily girls, skip out on this one and go for the nyx angel veil primer, or the muf step 1 mattifying primer (more similar in consistency to this one but not nearly as bad in performance). Bomb for a smooth canvas + keeping oil at bay.

on 4/12/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok, so I didn't buy this so I can't really review the packaging or price which is why I gave it three lippies (can't say anything bad or good so I figured I'd leave it at average). I asked for a sample of this and got a very generous amount. I used this for... almost about 2 week. Now, it did a good job at mattifying my oily skin and at keeping me matte under my makeup. However, I found it pretty drying, and it broke me out. I applied it in my t-zone by pressing it on with my fingers, and only a few days after using it, I had little pimples in my forehead. Then, I had a really big pimple in the middle of my eyebrows :/
After stopping using it for a couple of weeks, my pimples have gone away, and I haven't broke out again. So I'm pretty sure this primer was the culprit. I won't be repurchasing because of that.

I have combination skin, mainly oily in my T-zone. I was having the same problem like many others where foundation would patch up but since, I've been putting it on before I do my eyes and letting it dry thoroughly and that seems to have helped. My makeup does not move the entire day, along with the all night setting spray. The only downside which completely depends on the persons skin is the two combined can actually make your makeup look a bit dry. Otherwise, will buy again.