BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real Double the Lip Lipstick

BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real Double the Lip Lipstick
They're Real Double the Lip LipstickThey're Real Double the Lip LipstickThey're Real Double the Lip Lipstick

on 2/19/2018 9:58:00 AM

I got this free with a magazine ages ago, rediscovered it in a drawer and just need to share how perplexed I am by it. The idea is sound - a lipstick and liner combo you can swipe on in one - and it does give nice definition on the first few uses. However, as it wears down you need to do gymnastics for the same effect, and as a lipstick it’s really best described as ‘meh’. The texture doesn’t compare to other BeneFit lipsticks I’ve tried, it’s quite drying and doesn’t last well, to add further insult the fade is patchy. The colour I have is ‘Nude Scandal’, which is very pink for a nude. I can’t imagine it flattering many people - it’s okay on me (very light neutral skintone, freckles, dark blue/green eyes) and I can see it working on some medium dark skin tones with lighter eyes, but I’d say it would be a bit niche. The packaging is cute and mimics the They’re Real mascara, i imagine it would stand up well to being chucked in handbags and the lid is nice and secure, but what’s inside doesn’t live up to BeneFit price points. It feels like a prototype - if they could reformulate the actual lipstick and maybe reshape the bullet I’d potentially be interested, in a better colour, but as is, avoid!

on 12/23/2017 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this at Ulta and was so excited after testing all the colors and getting the opinion of two beauty consultants. On the back of my hand Lusty Rose seemed like the perfect neutral rose to wear with my Ardency Inn Peacock smoky brown eyeshadow. Well, after I applied this to my lips it became painfully obvious I made a mistake. This is not hydrating, does not layer at all and in my opinion is little more than very pigmented lip balm. My lips aren't very pigmented and I am one to line my lips. So, the concept of having liner included with lipstick also seemed intelligent. Not here. There is virtually no liner delineation on the lip with this color. Which ultimately brings me to the color. Just before dinner I applied this. Hubby and I sit down in the restaurant and I ask him if he likes my new lippy. He gives me a look of pity and says "Meh", I dont think it's anything special". On me this is a warm waxy rose pink. Meh. If the balm like formula (did I mention I loathe lip balm?) wasn't enough of a turn off and the mediocre color a strike, the scent and taste were the nails in the coffin. All I could smell and then taste during dinner was this lipstick. The odd violet floral scent/flavor for me were just too off putting. This also claims to be longwearing and have lip plumping powers. Nothing of the sort here! I only tried one color but there are other colors in this formula that could be lovely IF you love lip balm textures and don't have an issue with violet floral scented/flavored lipstick. Sidebar: I have a few BeneFit items but historically end up returning most purchases. After this one I'm staying away. $20 was steep for this and I forgot my coupon which even with a discount would be more than I'd pay if I knew what this was going to be like. Lastly, I feel the price goes to the packaging, the outer packaging. The actual tube is refined but the text on the side cheapens the look. Fail.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this lip product! I have a couple of travel sizes from Sephora - Fuchsia Fever & Lusty Rose.

I don't wear lip liner day to today so the idea of a lipstick/liner in one is a really neat idea. You really can tell a difference in stiffness between the two formulas and I do think it helps to add depth to the color as well as to keep your lipstick in place.

Fuchia Fever is a very bright and vibrant, BUT not toooo crazy hot pink. It smells really funky, like bathroom cleaner. Lusty Rose is a nice MLBB color. The variation in colour is super subtle. It has less of a scent. The tube is a great shape which makes application easy.

Overall I really love these lipsticks, and although I think they are over priced I think they are a great investment and two-in-one product if you love one of the colours!

Video Reviews & Tutorials