Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter

Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter

4.5

on 5/21/2018 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought the new shade from the coconut collection it’s called “fantasy” and it’s beautiful!!
It’s like a pink-copper with some gold in it, it’s a pretty dark colour. I’m a Mac C5 and this is as dark my skintone but in a different undertone.
I love this shade, the formula- so easy to work with, the blending is effortless, it sets itself, can be worn naturally or more of a blinding highlight if you’d like.
I also use this as a blush and gives a perfect lift and glow. You can use this as a base for you blush as well.
It does cling to my dry patches but lately my skin is horrible I can’t blame A HIGHLIGHTER you know?
Buy it before it’s gone. If you’re lighter than NC42 in Mac it’s gonna be too dark

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Best highlight. I have the gold one. It smells lightly of coconut, not fake but like coconut oil. It is light weight and, so far, no breakout or irritation. It is very subtle, not glittery, which is amazing! You only need a small amount, so it seems like a lot of product.

I only love this product because of the packaging honestly, I'm used to blinding highlighters and this is verrrry sheer. The more you rub it in, the more it fades and just dissolves the shine :( Maybe I got a bad one?

on 10/11/2017 5:26:00 AM

I saw this on YouTube and loved the look of the colour as well as the fact it smelt of coconut. But I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. I've used quite a few high end highlighting drops etc and none of them really give you that POW under your foundation but this is actually quite powerful. I dot it on 4 times all over and I literally look like I'm made of gold 😂 So a little, really does go a long way with this. I use a full coverage foundation and I can still see it through my foundation but not in a bad way. Using this gives me such a fresh, healthy beautiful glow and I can't wear my makeup without it now because it really does make such a big difference to how good my make up looks. The coconut scent isn't overpowering at all, it's quite subtle. I've had mine now for a a few months and I still have more than half a bottle left so it will last you a good while. I'd definitely recommend this one if like me you want a real glow that you can actually see under makeup. To be fair, Marc Jacobs products never disappoint when it comes to quality.

on 9/1/2017 7:11:00 PM

This is a bottle of magic from the highlighting gods!! Either mix it in with your foundation or apply it before on the high points of you face ( Cheek Bones, nose, Cupid's bow etc. ) you can also use it as a body highlight on your collar bones and shoulders. I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves highlighters and who is addicted to them like me as you can build it from a subtle to an extreme highlight if you really want. Use it sparingly as a little goes along way. I will definitely be buying more when I run out but I highly doubt that it will be anytime soon

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been on a highlighter binge and once I read that this one smells like coconut, I knew I had to buy it. Alas, for coconut fans like me (but good for people who aren't fond of coconut) the scent is incredibly faint - I really only smelled it when I swatched it heavily on my hand - but fortunately the product itself is great. It's a pale gold that doesn't lean too warm or cool, so I think it would be flattering on a range of skin tones. Even though I own many highlighters the only other liquid one in a gold tone that I own is Becca Champagne Pop, which is about the same color but more subtle - the Dew Drops definitely pack more of a punch shine-wise but still aren't disco levels of highlight (i.e. still appropriate for daytime wear). If you're looking for a good all-around gold liquid highlighter, this fits the bill.

on 5/7/2017 1:51:00 PM

I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon but fell in love with it after trying it out in the store. It gives you a healthy glow without being too shimmery. It is a gel that can be mixed with your foundation/moisturizer or on top of your skin/foundation. I like to mix it in with my moisturizer for a subtle glow but it works very well on top of my marc jacob's re(marc)able foundation as well. It's easy to blend and not at all blotchy. It did not move my foundation at all when I used it on top. There's a faint coconut scent that's very pleasant. Once again, like most other marc jacob's products, the size of the product makes the price much more reasonable than comparable brands.

on 4/11/2017 11:32:00 AM

I have been enjoying using this Highlighter. I love how versatile it is, You can mix it with foundation, use it under foundation, use it alone, or just use it after foundation on the highest parts of your face. This color can compliment from the lightest to the darkest skin tones and still be flattering. The only thing I don't like is the inclusion of (albeit very mild) fragrance. My more detailed review video is below.