Paula's Choice Resist Omega+ Complex

Paula's Choice Resist Omega+ Complex

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Glycerin (skin-replenishing ingredient), Diheptyl Succinate (emollient), Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters (texture enhancer), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil (flax seed; non-fragrant omega 3, 6, and 9 plant oil), Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid (skin-restoring omega 9 fatty acids), Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil (non-fragrant omega 6 plant oil) Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil (non-fragrant omega 3 plant oil), Ceramide EOP, Ceramide EOS, Ceramide NP, Ceramide NS, Caprooyl Sphingosine (skin-replenishing and restoring ingredients), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables (skin smoothing fatty acid), Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Ceramide AP (skin-replenishing and restoring ingredients), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (antioxidant emollient), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (texture enhancer), Prunus Domestica Seed Oil (non-fragrant antioxidant plant oil/omega 9), Lauryl Laurate (skin-softening), Glyceryl Behenate (texture enhancer), Hydrogenated Lecithin (skin-restoring ingredient), Sodium Phytate (chelating agent), Trehalose (hydration), Isohexadecane (texture enhancer), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate (emulsifier), Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (texture enhancer), Cetyl Alcohol (hydration), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Agar, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-25 (texture enhancers), Cetearyl Alcohol (hydration), Behenic Acid (opacifying agent), Glyceryl Rosinate (emollient), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives)

on 3/27/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not really sure I'd go out to buy this again, it is expensive and while I do believe it has had a positive impact on my skin, I cannot stand the smell! I also use the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil, so this Resist serum may be redundant. It's pretty good but the jury is still out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin really wants to dry up lately, but I have stubbornly refused to let it. I was hanging on by a thread, using Hado Labo's Hyaluronic Lotion Moist (while my face was still damp from cleansing) and slathering on Cetaphil cream. Now I put on the Hado Labo, let it sink in, apply this Resist Omega+ Complex and let it sink in, and then top off with cetaphil. It's the most comfortable, glowy, and even that my skin has been in a while. I find that this has a light lemony scent that quickly disappears and it just sinks in to my skin like nothing was ever there, but it definitely helps to keep away the dryness and uneven skin tone. I still like the Peter Thomas Roth Professional 3% Retinoid Plus and Retinol Fusion PM snuck into my skincare as well, and am looking at trying some facial oils and Holy Snails products.
I use this like a serum before moisturizer and think that it has really helped to add an attractive glow to my skin and even out my skin tone, and it is a lifesaver for adding a little more moisture to my skin during the dry winter months. I've been using it for over a month now and am really happy with it. It feels very gentle and non-irritating. I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/23/2018 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this!!! My skin is glowing, plump and soft with no break outs; and marks from a few past blemishes have faded so fast since using this product over the last few weeks. The texture of this serum is perfection - it's a very light cream- gel that absorbs into the skin really well. I don't notice any scent at all (like some of the reviewers here) and the packaging is ideal for keeping the ingredients stable. I have tried pretty much every Paula's Choice moisturiser and serum and this is hands down the best!! It never irritates my skin and just leaves it feeling so unbelievably comfortable and soothed. I think it would work well for most skin types looking for light to medium hydration without a greasy, heavy feeling. I have nothing negative to say and would highly recommend this serum to anyone looking for light moisture and renewed, youthful skin!

I found this product useless and a waste of money. It didn't do anything and I frankly just don't get what it's supposed to do and how it fits in a skin care regimen. I use lots of other PC products, but this one just didn't make sense.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Seriously what kind of magical fairy dust is in this stuff? I heard rave reviews of this on the MUA Skincare Board from fellow rosaceans with dry, aging skin so I thought I would give it a try. My skin LOVES this product and at this point I plan to use it forever. It truly does get rid of flakes and bring back some glow which I so desperately need at this time of year. The (many) pros:
- moist but not greasy
- layers beautifully under my moisturizer + sunscreen (no pilling as with other PC serums)
- no irritation whatsoever (no redness, no acne)
- contains no fragrance
- airtight container that keeps light out is hygienic + product holds its potency
- frequent offers on PC site mean it's often 20 - 25% off + they're great about returns

Negatives:
- tiny (1-oz) bottle means I will have to buy this often (since I will never again be without it)
- cost: retails for $36 US (I had 20% off but even so, it's still $28/oz). I miss the days when reasonable prices were a cornerstone of the PC brand.
- some people will be bothered by the long ingredient list because there's a higher chance of irritation for sensitive types (I'm fine with it as long as the product works for me)

Overall this is one of the best Paula's Choice products I've ever tried and I highly recommend it if your skin is finicky + dry. Now if only they would offer it in a jumbo size.

on 12/18/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the texture of this moisturizer and it sinks in so well. It does a really great job of hydrating skin. But the smell--blech. It smells like a room of sweaty 8th graders and their wooden desks after a year of school. It may be a natural smell of linseed or whatever but it is not pleasant. For this reason I probably will not repurchase but will continue to look for another moisturizer.

on 9/3/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm nearing the end of my bottle of Paula's Choice Resist Omega+ Complex, and am in love. I have normal to oily dehydrated skin, and have been struggling for years to find a night-time product that truly hydrates my skin. I was so desperate, even beyond hope, that I would find something that actually hydrates, let alone something that contains beneficial ingredients that don't irritate. I have sampled or purchased most of the PC moisturizers, and found that while many were acceptable face creams / lotions, none truly penetrated my skin to relieve my dehydration, and other than RESIST Barrier Repair, I never found one that lasted through the night. I must admit I was skeptical I would feel anything different about Omega+. No sample sizes were available, so I took a risk buying the full bottle without trying it first, especially considering it is not a particularly affordable product.

The product is a thin, white lotion / milk consistency, and smells of natural linseed (flax) oil, a sort of nutty, spicy aroma. I find it to be very pleasant, and is similar to the scent of PCs Earth Sourced moisturizer, but much milder. The scent does not linger once the product sinks in. Of all the PC products I've used, this is probably the least irritating and most soothing serum / moisturizer. It is more soothing than anything I've tried in the Calm line, and about equally soothing as the Skin Recovery Toner. I use two pumps over my entire face an neck, as the next step after any actives I'm using in the evening. In my oily T-zone, I usually don't need anything more, but my drier areas on cheeks and neck need additional moisture, which I apply on top of the Omega+. This regimen has been working very well for me, as I feel I'm never in a panic to get enough moisture and occlusion to prevent dry areas becoming more-so overnight. In the oily areas, I have an acceptable amount glow by morning. When I do my morning cleanse, it seems I no longer need to worry about getting tight skin, which happened even when I used normal-to-dry cleansers such as PC Moisture Boost. For me, using Omega+ in the day is a non-starter, but I am thrilled that my skin retains enough moisture from night-time use that the zinc-based sunscreens I use in the day are no longer sucking the life out of my skin.

I'm happy to say I see a bright future for Omega+ in my skin care routine, and have already purchased my 2nd bottle. Home run!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

About Me: I am a 46 year old Latina with very fair, mature, combination, sensitive skin. Mild redness from acne and rosacea. Fine lines. Live in a humid semitropical climate.

USAGE: I apply daily AM -- following BHA fluid, 2 pumps blended with 2 drops PC Hyalauronic Booster & 3 drops PC Niacinimide Booster -- top with 30 SPF Moisturizer and/or 30 SPF Tinted Moisturizer

OTHER: Retinol serum applied nightly

RESULTS: Very good! Skin is calm, comfortable, and has just-right lasting moisture. Noticeable improvement in skin appearance -- reduced redness, plumped lines, overall healthier look. Product has slight odor that dissipates post-application

COMMENTS: I agree with other reviewers classifying product as a moisturizer packaged and sold as a serum (half the amount, higher price). It is a GREAT, gentle, effective, lightweight moisturizer with excellent anti-aging benefits.

on 7/13/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've used a lot of Paula's Choice products over the years; some are HG, some are fine, and a couple I hated (note that on those occasions, I received immediate, no bs refunds).

I have very sensitive skin that has gotten quite dry since menopause, but I can still clog/get breakouts if I use the wrong products. Up till this, my favorite serum was the PC Ultra Light; I liked its texture and that it didn't have retinol, which I'm somewhat sensitive to. Because of my finicky skin, I am often reluctant to try new things; just not worth the risk. But my skin had settled down lately, and I kept hearing good buzz on the skincare board about it. So, as soon as there was a sale applicable to this, I got it. And I'm very glad I did!

It's a lotion texture, not silicone-y or greasy. While it sinks in quite readily, it doesn't disappear, it seems to hang around and continue providing moisture, almost a time-release thing. It layers very well with other products; I do a modified 7Skin technique and apply several layers, different day and night. I've even used this around my eyes, which I'm very cautious about, as they can swell up without warning: NO problems! NO itching!

If you need moisture, I highly recommend this. I've been using for several weeks now, so I can't yet say anything about the antiaging benefits. But just being able to say it's a positive addition to my skin regimen is pretty heady stuff, as I'm very picky about what I use.

FYI, the other PC products I use:
Hyaluronic acid booster
C15 booster
Skin Recovery Replenishing cream (mostly around eyes, see my MUA review, HG)
Skin Recovery Calming Toner (I don't waste it using with cotton, I use it as a toner/essence by patting on with my layers)
CLEAR Regular Strength BHA 2% (PC says that this is formulated with a slightly higher pH than her other BHAs, and is therefore gentler)
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask (this is a great basic product, really use as a powerful leave on moisturizer, great buy at 4 oz for $24, constant sales)
Moisture Boost One Step Cleanser (I also have the Hydralight, but have come to prefer the Moisture Boost; but if you prefer a foaming cleanser, the Hydralight is good)
Ultra Light antioxidant serum
Hydralight Shine Free Mineral SPF 30 (best all physical SPF I've found)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a do-nothing product which has made no difference to the quality and f my skin.

It's nothing but a glorified moisturiser that dulls my skin when layered... and breaks up my foundation.

I'm using it as an eye cream just to finish the bottle.

Edit: 16/Dec/17. I take back all the negative things I said about this product. It is only after the bottle ran out that I realised how well it hydrated and plumped my skin (hyluronic acid serums tend to make me drier for some reason). This is obviously one of those quiet achievers that you don't appreciate..until they are no longer in your life.