Avon Advance Techniques Supreme Oils Shampoo

Avon Advance Techniques Supreme Oils Shampoo

1 review

The product (I will refer it in short form as "ATSOS") comes in a black plastic packaging, no pictures or any drawings - just simple and elegant. Its main selling point is that it contains 5 types of oils (they called it supreme oils), ie. sweet almond oil (well known for its repairing and protecting properties for hair), grapeseed oil (for strengthening hair shafts and weakened hair), macadamia oil (for softening and smoothing hair cuticles), marula oil (for control frizz and puffiness) and camelia oil (for shiny and smoothing). It suits for all hair type which is a big plus for me because sometimes I use those shampoos for dry and damaged hair, my hair feels stiff and loss its shine or I can feel there are some residues remaining on or coating my hair. For me, all hair types, means it suits anyone of us, fine hair, curly wavy hair, dry damaged hair, weakened and sensitized hair, flaky scalp, colour dyed hair, chemical processed hair....... With so many benefits of oils in just one bottle, it is selling at a very reasonable price with its matching conditioner. One lippie off is because its strong fragrance. It is tolerable but still, a little bit too strong.

ATSOS does not wow me during my first use or second use, the fragrance is just too strong and it lingers throughout the day (no kidding, it stays and remains after one whole day). It smells like warm vanilla, very feminine and because of this, I will definitely describe it as a hair cologne. If anyone of you use hair cologne, you don't need that anymore if you use this shampoo. The scent/fragrance does not fade away after rinsing out, blow dry, flat iron. ATSOS is in a gold-yellowish gel liquid form, not creamy or thick. After applying, I can feel that it foams very well and does its job to detangle my hair. I have bias on gel liquid type of shampoo, with a presumption that it does not lather well and will dry out my hair because it cleanses too deeply and endedup squeaky clean. But not this one. My hair is soft and no rough and hash feeling after rinsing out with water and without using any of its matching conditioner. If you are worrying of ATSOS makes your hair very heavy and oily (because of the 5 supreme oils), I can tell you that it does not make my hair feel so. My hair is very dry and damaged by heat (I flat iron my hair every day) to tame the straight-wavy hair otherwise it would not be presentable at all. Basically my hair can handle everything, including all sorts of serums, oils, cream etc. I need to use two or three types of oils or serums before I flat iron my hair and yet my hair is not oily at all (free moving and no oil slick hair if you get what I mean). So you can imagine just how dry my hair is.

I am unsure what are the other countries that manufactured ATSOS. My ATSOS is made in China. I have just an "okay" experience with shampoo or hair products made in China. But this ATSOS really performs excellently and it surmounts the rest of the Avon range of shampoo in other categories (including Advance Techniques Frizz Control) with the use of the ATSOS conditioner together. It might not be able to give you the reflecting diamond-alike shiny hair as you saw from Avon advertisement, but trust me, it manages to save me from any bad hair day and my hair remains so soft and perfect (with a little bit of frizz which is absolutely acceptable and add plenty of shiny to make my hair look healthy (a fake healthy-looking to disguise the split ends and white spots) and very very neat (I have square hair style and this ATSOS makes it look so neat like a wig without much flyaways). My hair is not affected by the humid weather or high temperature out there under the sun. It does what it promises and delivers the effect in the way that I love it so much. Every hair wash with ATSOS is a great experience and I am looking forward to comb my hair without any tangles and keep frizziness to the minimum level after flat ironing it. (this is something rare for someone like me who has dry damaged, straight and kinky and stubborn hair).