Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo

Perfecting Blender Duo

4.4

on 10/19/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought just the large green sponge instead of the duo, but it's the same green sponge in the duo, just single. It was around $5. This is a much denser, firmer sponge than the RT which I've used and have, and I'm on the fence about this one. It expands a ton when damp, and does blend your foundation beautifully, but there are times where I feel it absorbs more than the RT. It also ripped the second time I washed it - and I'm pretty gentle (my RT never ripped when I washed them DAILY).

I think the main reason this ripped is because of how large and dense it is. I'd debate about repurchasing, but I think I'll try the AOA Wonder Blender first - which is only $1.00 or their new softer version for $1.50. For the price of even the EcoTools sponge, I could get 5 sponges to try out.

on 10/17/2017 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the larger sponge only. It's sold separately with a metal stand that you can keep your sponge on, which is a great idea. I'll probably never actually use the stand, because my cats will get a blending sponge in their clutches and play with/destroy it given the opportunity, so I have to store mine in a drawer. But still, it's a nice touch.

This is my favorite blending sponge ever. I've never tried the original Beauty Blender sponge, but I've used Real Techniques and several other drugstore options. The RT one was my holy grail for years but the quality started deteriorating more and more with every sponge I repurchased, and I knew it was time to find a replacement.

This sponge is soft, yet firm enough to perfectly bouncy. It expands excellently when dampened. Doesn't soak up a ton of product. It's easy to clean and hasn't torn in the month I've had it (which... a month isn't much to ask out of a blending sponge, right? But that was about how often I was having to replace mine over the past year or so when I was using other brands.) I appreciate the shape of this thing (2 flat sides which meet up at a flat pointed end, and then your typical rounded bottom part.) I'm also fond of the green color which is much nicer than light orange IMO. For only being around $6 at Walgreens, it's amazing.

Would repurchase for sure.

on 10/9/2017 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the large sponge only (they sell the large ones only along with a handy drying stand for less than the cost of the duo pack).

Comparisons: While this is not a dupe of BeautyBlender, this is fairly close. It is not as soft as the BeautyBlender (it’s still pretty soft), it doesn’t expand as much as the BeautyBlender when dampened, but I do like the flat sides of the Ecotools sponge instead of pointy end that the BeautyBlender has. Honestly, BeautyBlender is my favorite and the Ecotools sponge is just not a dead on dupe if a BeautyBlender. However, if you don’t want to splurge on a BeautyBlender, this one is the best that I have tried from the drugstore (I have tried the L’Oréal Infalliable sponge [too expensive for its performance], Real Techniques Complexion sponge [absorbs too much product and a bit filmsy], and cheap o Aliexpress sponges [smell weird, absorb too much product, and too dense]).

Finish: I dampen the sponge by spraying a few spritzes of Mac Prep + Prime Fix+ on the bottom of the sponge, dot some foundation on my face and “pat” away with the sponge. The Ecotools sponge does not absorb a bunch of product, and the finish between Ecotoolsand the BeautyBlender is very similar. Unless you look really close you will not tell.

It feels nice on your face and leaves a beautiful finish once you get the hang of sponge dampness based on the type of foundation you use. Definitely pick this up if you don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a sponge.

This is an amazing beauty sponge for a very affordable price. I really wish I only bought the big dark green sponge because I know I would never reach for the mini. One point off for that.

This is definitely not a dupe for the original BeautyBlendef but I think in some ways I actually more than the BB. It is more firm, which I preferred. I also love the precision top edge for concealer/under eye backing as well. It does tear easily too but I feel like all beauty sponges do the same thing so can't really complain.

I highly recommend. For a fraction of the price to the original BB this is worth trying out. I find that I am also reaching for this much more often than my RT sponge as well. Would repurchase - try it you won't regret it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Two sponges in one: one for foundation, the other for concealer. I always use my sponges dry to achieve more of a full coverage finish with my products. Used dry the larger sponge is so stiff and I'm always worried that it would apply too much pressure on it's own and take away any foundation I'm blending on my face. It still ends up blending my products beautifully so it might just be something illogical that makes me anxious, lol. The smaller sponge dry is literally the best thing I've ever used for getting close to my lash line and inner corner and blending out my concealer beautifully. No complaints there. Although my Real Techniques sponge can do both real well and is very soft dry I feel like this is not a bad option for the price. I will always use sponges for foundation and concealer over brushes.

on 8/20/2017 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for the larger sponge only. After dropping twenty dollars only to receive a dud beautyblender (wouldn't stay wet, super dense, ripped after first wash), I decided to give this blending sponge and the Real Techniques one a try. I ended up loving this sponge more than the Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques sponge. It blends everything beautifully and leaves behind a natural/radiant finish just like Beauty Blender but doesn't absorb so much foundation like the Real Techniques one. I would repurchase and would recommend this sponge!

on 4/19/2017 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently decided to change my foundation routine up and gave these ‘blender sponges’ a try. I bought the Ecotools Perfecting Blender sponge (I didn’t get the duo, just the single large darker green sponge) along with the orange Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. The Ecotools sponge comes with a little round plastic base/holder for you to set it on, which is super handy. And after experimenting with both for some time, I can say that I much prefer the Ecotools version. I do think the Real Techniques sponge is less dense, however the shape of the Ecotools sponge is much better to utilize. I found that I preferred to apply and blend my foundation by bouncing the round egg shaped bottom part of the sponge (this part is cut from Real Techniques sponge). I then would apply setting powder using the smaller angled side of the sponge around undereye and nose area, and the larger angled side for the rest of my face. I am really liking the new routine and my foundation looks great, so now I might have to try the ‘real’ beauty blender and see if it lives up to the hype. The downsides of course are that sponges tend to eat up product and it takes more effort to clean, but for now I don’t mind. EDIT: This is one delicate sponge. I had large rips by the 3rd wash. Doesn't affect application all that much but the RT sponge is definitely more durable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought I would give these sponges a try. I saw Kathleen Lights talk about these in a monthly favorites video. I was so surprised to find out.... these are amazing! You get two sponges for around 10 bucks. The big green sponge is very soft once dampened. My foundation goes on so quickly and easily, just like a $20 Blender. The main plus for me is tht the sponge is so dense it does not soak up alot of product. I find my BB does. The second sponge is a bit harder. It is still soft but not as such as the larger sponge. I have used it for concealer and it works okay.

The shape of the sponges is great. It has a flat side that makes foundation application a breeze and an edged tip for getting into the facial contours around the nose easy.

A+ Rating!