MAC Brushstroke Liner in Brushbrown

1 review

on 4/6/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I hate using liner pencils but also get tired (this is so petty!) of having to use a brush with a cream or gel liner, so I thought I'd give this a try. When I swatched it on my hand, I though I'd made a big mistake--it looked very sheer, like a brow color, very reddish, and it bled a bit. But when I used it on my eyes--wow! This product comes in a pen component with a brush tip (not a stiff, felt one)--no clicking necessary. The brush looks as though it would be too long, but it's perfect for getting an even line, and you can easily control the thickness. This is a natural, neutral-to-slightly-warm dark brown, but not so dark that it looks black, and it has no shimmer. The product applies smoothly and easily, is not too thick or thin, and dries quickly to a not-matte but not-shiny finish (I can't think of another way to describe it). It looked the same as it did when applied eight hours later, and it removed easily with biphasic makeup remover. I'm impressed. It is a bit pricey at $21, but anything that simplifies my routine is worth paying a little extra for. This is perfect for days when you're in a rush--grab, apply, and go. The only issues will be how long it lasts and whether it dries out quickly, and I will update if there are problems. As of now, I would repurchase.

Update 7/17/17--I can't stop reaching for this. It delivers a perfect line every time--no drying out, skipping, or gloppiness--that lasts all day. I have lots of other liners I love, but when I'm in a hurry (which seems like my usual state), nothing beats this. I wish they would introduce new shades. This beats similar products from Lorac and PF hands down.