Chanel Blue Serum

Chanel Blue Serum

on 11/15/2017 4:29:00 PM

I still miss the Le Jour and La Nuit fabulous duo that was there before this serum came out. Still, this is a very nice texture with a lot of Niacinamide (no reason for high price...) I like Chanel skincare, this is a bit of a marketing bluff.

on 11/15/2017 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

First, I must say I live in Europe, where I get this at around 85€ a bottle. It is by no means affordable, but it is not the ridiculous price I see it go for in other parts of the world.
The marketing on this is ridiculous. If you are serious about skincare, you will probably not want to buy this. "Blue zones" and longevity: what does that have to do with skin care?
But if you take the ingredient list and actually go search for what each ingredient does, you will see that there is a lot of good stuff in this.
Niacinamide ranks very high in the ingredient list. Awesome for pigmentation, inflammation, pore size, even collagen stimulation.
The formula also has amazing super potent anti-oxidants, so it is a great anti-aging serum.
It has good anti-inflammatory ingredients. It also has an instantaneous and long-term firming action.
One of its ingredients (mastic gum) seems to be able to shrink pore size and control oil production.

On me, I find that my skin looks absolutely flawless when I use this. My pores do look much smaller. My foundations goes on beautifully and stays on much better, much longer. When I wear this I have those skin days that I am always looking at the mirror and wondering what happened that caused my skin to look so much better. I look younger.

There is a lot of alcohol in this. Some people argue that alcohol causes sensitivity and destroys collagen. The truth is that there is not research to indicate that alcohol does anything like that to the skin. It has the potential to destroy the skins natural barrier, which much be avoided. Stripped skin ages faster and becomes more irritated more easily. But if you apply alcohol in conjunction with other skin protecting ingredients, like those in a moisturizer, you should be fine.

There is fragrance in this product, and that is bad. It is very low on the list, but still this is not good for your skin. It has the potential to irritate the skin. Since there is so much anti-irritant action from other ingredients in this formula, in the end the product will probably still be very good for the skin.

The packaging is excellent and all ingredients are preserved as they should be.

on 10/5/2017 8:40:00 PM

Tried a sample 2 nights in a row. It did not irritate my rosacea, and my skin looked plumper in the AM after I applied this the night before. I looked less tired. I am thinking of buying this. But wow the price. I am going to look thu my mags for more samples first!

on 4/5/2017 9:13:00 AM

Well found a sample in a magazine. Tried it and next day skin looked luminous. So I actually went out and spent 110 and bought this! It has ingredients from blue zones and the video for it on website captivated me. All that blue very soothing. Anyway, it has a light fragrance. Very mild. Fades away quickly.... nothing to worry about if your not into fragrance. Absorbs into skin quickly. I put my clinique redness solutions cream on top. I have super sensitive skin and this did not bother me so far. I'm going to use it every other night at first just to be on safe side. But its full of wonderful antioxidants and made my skin look better very quickly so I plan on making it part of my routine.

I've tried a lot of serums and this one feels so calming and luxurious on the skin. Sometimes, serums feel a bit sticky or tacky afterward, but this one just feels smooth, like it's prepped your skin for the next step (moisturizer) and that set the ball rolling for a full make up face or it can stop right there (moisturizer) and you're good. There's a slight scent, but to me it smells nice and fresh, a lovely experience first thing in the morning.

on 5/26/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried a sample of this after purchasing Chanel cosmetics at my local Lord and Taylor, and I am intrigued. After reading the 'acne-prone' review posting, and how they raved about the serum I'm going out to make a purchase today! The immediate and long-term claims are this revitalizing, youth-activating serum will revive your skin. Your skin will feel smoother, and have a more plump and a healthy youthful radiance. I think that's what most of us want our skincare to help us achieve!! After a few weeks, you will see a brighter, firmer, more even skin-tone. Blue serum also works on lines and wrinkles!! This serum is super refreshing, and the slight fragrance (which I usually avoid) and did not irritate my skin and actually added to the fresh clean feeling. Try it out with me today!!!