The Body Shop Instamatte Mattifying Gel Compact

The Body Shop  Instamatte Mattifying Gel Compact

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/31/2018 11:00:00 AM

Good for when you’re not carrying your powder with you to get rid of shiny spots on your face. Good for oily skin, a savior for your T-zone. Not gonna give it 5 “stars” since you have to be kinda careful with the application in order to not wipe off your makeup.

on 4/4/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hello everyone,

This product comes in the elusive category of things that you don't know you need until you get it.

Yes, ladies (and gentlemen), let me introduce to you the Instamatte Mattifying Gel Compact from the Body Shop, this mysterious silicone-based miracle in a box that is defined on the company website as foundation, which I refer to in my mind as the best third thing since sliced bread.

What it does is take away the shine off your face in a very controlled way, which forever has changed the way my face looks in pictures. The creamy/ putty-like formulation can be applied with the sponge applicator included in the compact, or with your finger, to make that shining spot on the top of your nose, or as is in my case, the flat space in the middle of my forehead, inconspicuous. Or perhaps you are not happy with how your cheeks seem to shine - Instamatte will help you fix that. Just dab your finger in the compact, like I do, and press in that spot you want to stop reflecting light.

Contouring and strobing are not for everyone, and they require a lot of makeup and skill. Instamatte helps you 'hide' chosen areas of your face with just a few light finger dabs.

Based on my experience, Instamatte doesn't cause breakouts (even with my sensitive skin), nor does it dry the skin out. You can apply it on top of lighter or heavier moisturizers, and it'll do the same great job. The lightly-fragranced formula glides on smoothly, and it seems to diminish the look of pores, as if blurring the imperfections natural to the texture of the skin.

The only reason I didn't give the product overall 5 lipstick rating is that it's silicone-based, and I'm not yet sure how I feel about that.

Oh, last thing: DAB the product with your finger, do not smear or swipe.

Enjoy!