no images

price range

Reviews

from

9 years ago

i got a small bottle of this. it was love at first sniff. i'm quite picky when it comes to perfume. but this one is just perfect. it's not those general floral or fruity scents that every brand has been making. i'm not a pro when it comes to identifying notes,but i can detect some musk,sandalwood & vanilla. i would describe it as oriental with a touch of floral. the lasting power is great. this scent is quite strong but doesn't give me a headache. it sounds silly but i feel sexy & confident when i wear it. a guy in my class complimented me on this perfume. but then,something tragic happened. i dropped the bottle & it broke to pieces on the floor. it's all gone now. i think this scent is discontinued. but i'm gonna hunt another bottle of this no matter what. it's one of my HG perfume definitely.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I can't believe I never wrote a review for this one! At first I simply hated it, and couldn't for the love of God undertand why my clients- I sell perfumes- would go bonkers over that one. Anyway, decided to try it in the evening and see what would happen.Well, while I stll don't like the first 10 mn, but it dries down on me pretty quickly, and I am left with a captivating scent.Yes, there is no other word for it.The lasting power on me is AMAZING, I think I can count maybe 5 perfumes that have this kind of lasting power, and I'm talking 18 hours+ here, actually,even on the next day- after shower, I can still smell it on me! I think This is the best creation of Yamamoto, with the male version- please try it and you will fall in love!- and yes, I now understand the following.After selling hundreds of bottles without thinking of sniffing it once, now, that it's scarce, I am in love with it.Luckily, I do have a couple of 100 ml that should last me quite a while. If you ever have a chance to try a sample, go for it.This is a very unique creation.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

12 years ago

If there is a sneakily-seductive scent, this must be it. It just haunts me, there is a strange rubbery- chamomile (raspberry?) note that I can't get enough of. Completely original. A couple wearing Yohji and Bulgari Black would be fun to pass by on the street. Killer sillage, btw :)

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

12 years ago

Sadly, I think this perfume has been discontinued, because it's very hard to find right now. It's a oriental-vanilla perfume with a very distinct green and rubber note in the top, although those notes are not necessarily listed in the information online. It's quite hard to miss the rubber note in this. Supposedly this does not have the traditional olfactory pyramid but a dual drydown; however I don't see that. It's much more spicy/green/rubbery in the beginning with a hint of citrus and coriander that I smell; then it dries down very sweet, vanillic but the rubber note and coriander still remain. Not an ambery fragrance per se at all. Try this if you like MV3 by MAC; they have a lot in common. Here are the notes: "Green notes, galbanum, linalol and bergamot soars above a slightly floral-praline-fruity (raspberry) parenthesis and then descends to expand on a base of vanilla, sandalwood, musk and coumarin."

About reviewer (1125 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

One of the most amazing and sexy fragrances ever!! Please bring it back:(

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Fine

1.0

14 years ago

This has a weird motor oil, petroleum thing going on in it. I don't like it at all!

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlond

14 years ago

I was in a perfume gallerie looking for a hard to find cologne for my husband in 1998. I was curious as to the NEW perfume that was advertised outside the store. I tried it on, didn't find my husband's cologne and went home. The heady scent really got to me about 2 hours later, it literally drove me crazy! I had to have it, and so I did. Though it is quite pricey compared to the commercial stuff you find ($120.00CND), and hard to find, I recommend it if you like your perfume rich, sweet and spicy!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

I wore this after I RIS, for the first time on New Years Eve, and at first it's very heady strong and spicy, then after a few minutes it began to smell so good, soooo good...to bad the lasting power on me sucks on me, about 3-4 hrs tops, I'll be making a purse spray out of this one for touch ups whenever I wear it. :)

About reviewer (411 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBrown

16 years ago

What a pleasant surprise this is! I swapped unsniffed and just adore it. It's soft and sweet, but not too sweet and a tiny bit spicy. I think I'll be reaching for this one quite a bit :)

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

17 years ago

The first time I sniffed Yohji, it was on a card and I didn't like/appreciate the scent. After hearing rave reviews, I tried it on my skin and found it to be delightful! At first, I get a fresh green burst which the dries down to a warm praline/vanilla (but NOT too sweet!). Very versatile sent - get loads of compliments!

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age30-35