Too Faced Natural Love

Too Faced Natural Love

3.6

on 11/12/2017 9:13:00 PM

I've had this palette since the launch and while I love it, I struggle to get different everyday looks out of it. The mattes are beautiful, thought not many, they are great. The shimmers and metallics are quite bitty and glittery, though. They don't adhere well to the lid, even when applied with a brush. It's okay, hoping to get more use out of it.

on 11/7/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this on ebay for $16 and it has some beautiful colors in it but they seem so randomly put in the palette. I would like them to be more organized. I guess I do have some OCD because I almost want to depot them and put them in order.

My complaints are that there could be more light colors for my needs and there is lots of dust for a high end brand. But they go on my eye with ease and have nice color payoff. And they last all day with primer which I am trying to use regardless of eyeshadow choice.

on 7/24/2017 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Saw this palette come out in the US and instantly fell in love as I'm such a fan of the natural look. As soon as it came out here I brought it and it's my go to pallete. Firstly the packaging is so pretty and so sleek rather than bulky and the range of colours is amazing. However there is not enough matte cool toned crease colours for my liking, occasional fall out on some of the more glittery shade. Aside from that it's my go to palette perfect for everyday wear :)

I like the highlight shades in this palette. However, there are not enough deeper transition matte shades and the dark shades are not great - there's a lot of fallout and flakiness in the pan when dipping brushes into them. I actually love the packaging and clients 'ooh and ahh' over it. It looks flimsy but the palette has travelled okay in my kit so far with no breakage. The shades I've used most are honey butter, cutie patootie, moonbeam, honeymoon and makeup and chill. Love bug is a beautiful shade too.

The palette is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors. The shades are beautiful and very pigmented, easy to blend. it gives a very natural but in the same time intense look. Perfect if you are a makeup artist for wedding seasons! in tried it only a couple times but it really gives the chance to go natural and add intensity in a buildable motion. the palette itself is very light as it is made of cardboard. The most negative aspect of the palette is the mirror. it is literally trash. for 55€ I would expect better materials but in the end, what matters are the pigments and they are awesome!
this is gonna be my new go to palette. it is a bit too big for travelling but still, I am gonna take it as I believe I will only need this one to make hundreds of looks! it has a lot of light and dark shades so it is going to be very useful.

This is a perfect Naturals Palette for me because it's not all browns and earthtones... It had a large variety of nice, subtke, natural colors including pinks, purples, beiges. It is a nice Palette but Apt of the colors look very similar when applied, a lot of the colors take a lot of building up to get desired pigmentation and they don't all blend easily. But, I must say when I am finished, I am left with a beautiful Eyeshadow look and I'm glad I splurged when this came out. I'd especially compatible with my fair skin

This is a nice palette. This definitely isn't as pigmented as other eyeshadow brands, if you notice how difficult it is to do a quick swatch you can tell that it takes a lot of building to get an opaque swatch. That is why I would more recommend this as a starter pallet since it has a nice variety of colors and finishes but to a makeup aficionado this might disappoint. There is fallout. The pigmentation is okay. The colors are all very wearable and beautiful. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This has a wide variety of pale shades, which are absolutely gorgeous. There are a mix of shimmer and matte in here, it doesn't have as many matte colors as some other palettes, say Urban Decay Naked ones. There are lots and lots of natural colors, including Spotlight, a yellowy base neutral, and Dear Diary, which has a little shimmer Andrea is a lovely mid-range brown. Just for "white" alone you have Heaven, Pink Cheecks and Poodle! Bunny Nose is my favorite bright pop of pink color! It really shows up even on my Caramel colored skin. Honey Pot was wonderful for a full sweep of the lids, and who can resist some of these names!

I think for my dark-colored skin, I could get a lot of use from this, it has Coffe Date, Spoiled, Chocolate Martini and Fingers Crossed are all brown variations. You even have a good black called Stiletto, and can achieve some smokey eyed looks, more for my paler skin ladies. There's no green, no blue, just as you can see, pale, pink, brown and only two darker red colors, Hot and Bothered, is like cayenne pepper with a frost, and Makeup and Chill, which is a orangey-burgundy in matte. Actually maybe too many shimmer colors, but they are all still in the neutral range.

The colors stay put, and if you prime and set, maybe 6 hrs, which is excellent. If you have oily skin that might be less. It's an expensive palette, but at 25 shades, if you use them all, which you are more like to do because they're all neutral, it's only like $5 per eyeshadow.

I haven't even mentioned half the shades! There are so many natural shades. Considering the beauty, the colors, the varying finishes and the fun shimmer colors, you could use this exclusively for daytime looks, with no trouble. That's saying a lot, every workday look, and every weekend casual look is in here.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I had the exact same problem as a previous reviewer - I opened my product only to find it USED. There were greasy fingerprints all over half the shadows - Nasty! Luckily Mecca Maxima replaced it for me np.

On with the actual review - this is a very solid basics palette with just enough subtle punch to prevent it from being boring. The packaging is very nostalgic and cute as with all Too Faced products - it is cardboard, which I know many will be disappointed about, however it does make the palette incredibly light and help keep this an affordable palette (it's only $10 more than the chocolate bar palettes for almost twice as much product) and you'd be hard pressed to find a full 30-shadow palette more travel-friendly than this. I'll go over the shades I'm in love with:

Poodle - gorgeous very pale pink pearl with just a hint of lavender.
Cutie Patootie - a coral-ish opal coloured frost. Looks much prettier swatched than it does in the pan!
Honey Butter - beautiful matte crease shade. Yum!
Bunny Nose - bubblegum pink pearl
Hot and Bothered - a shimmery very warm toned terracotta. Possibly my favourite in the palette. Come to mama!
Fingers Crossed - a soft black with rose gold glitter. Unlike some Too Faced's dark glitter shadows, the glitter actually shows up.
Smokin' - a steel coloured glitter that can look either greenish or pinkish depending on the light. Very unique shade!
Stiletto - a very rich creamy pitch black with wonderful payoff. My current go-to black shadow/eyeliner.

And now for the not so good. First up the shade 'Fairy Tale'. Now it's a super pretty silver gold with fine glitter. However the quality is clearly drugstore. Too Faced - I love you but why you do dis? I can still make this shade work but it takes a bit of effort. I do still use it since it's sooo pretty. And some of the shades in the palette are a bit 'Eh!'. It's not that they're bad shadows, more just that they're extremely dupable. Tickle Me, Moonbeam and Dear Diary are nice and all but all pretty much generic shimmery taupes. But this *is* a basics palette so what do you expect?

Overall I would say if you are still on the hunt for that elusive perfect basics palette DO check this out. If you already have a basic palette that you love then skip this. Also there are apparently 13 shades in this that have been included in previous TF palettes (which I don't own so that isn't an issue for me), and I'd say minus the bright purple the Natural Love is very similar to the Peanut Butter palettes also. So you can probably also skip this if you already own the PB&J or another Too Faced 'Natural' palette.

Bottom line: I did not currently own any higher end basic palette I got on with when I got this so to me it was a good buy, but for most makeup collectors/junkies out there - this will be a pretty but redundant product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a make up pro but I am into natural make up and i can say that this palette is well above the mid quality products. The colors are beautiful, varied (color and also texture) and blend quite nicely. If you have imagination, it's a good starter :)