L'Oreal On the Loose Shimmering Powder in Beauty Queen [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal On the Loose Shimmering Powder in Beauty Queen [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

This was by far the best overall eyeshadow I ever used! The beautiful pigment of the lavender-gold looked great on my eyes and was just stunning. I'm so sad they don't make this anymore! I've looked high and low and still can't believe they would stop making such a wonderful shade. I think all of us makeupalley ladies (and gents if you're out there!) should band together & start blowing L'Oreal up about bringing this back!

At a recent trip to Kohl's I found an eyeshadow in their exclusive makeup brand called Flirt that reminded me of this slightly, so I may have to try that out. But Beauty Queen was a definite must have back in the day!

I wish the colour were true...I find it goes on more lavender than violet, even with primer or wet. The gold adds a nice dimension, but I want it to be darker. It was $1 in a closeout.

on 11/27/2007 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is just like my MAC pigments only ridiculously cheap - I actually think I got this on ebay for like $3...in any case, this is my fave color from the On The Loose line of LE loose e/s - it's a gorgeous violet with gold shimmer - light enough for all over the lid but pigmented enough to get noticed. So easy to apply and last all day with primer. I use it with MAC Mixing Medium or water for extra depth. I am kind of rationing this because it's so perfect.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Man, too bad this color was DC. This looks like dirt in the packaging (like most OTL do), it's a GORGOUS lavander with a gold shimmer. The pigment is quite rich, and it's very smooth, and blends well. L'oreal needs to keep products that work for them, and stop changing thier dang products so much. I really would buy this again if I ever run out.

does anyone know where i can purchase this? i bought this stuff before and i loved it! i can't find it anymore and i live in west virginia, i have looked at rite aid, walmart, drug emporium, cvs, krogers, and k-mart! please help!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beauty Queen is truly a stunning and unique color. I have so many eyeshadows and loose eyeshadows and yet I haven't got a shade quite close to this one. This shows up a beautiful shimmery lavender-fawn grey with a slight golden sheen on my lids. I've discovered that if I wear a lavender-colored base (like Almay Lasting Lilac cream e/s) on my lids and then apply Beauty Queen, the lavender color becomes more pronounced. A beautiful color to wear for an almost elven-like-Liv Tyler-LOTR Arwen effect because of that lovely fawn-grey that is very multidimensional with an "ethereal" quality. Very smooth pigment, long-lasting, and great texture, this OTL is a true gem.

I LOVE THIS COLOR! It is so hard for my fair skin and blue/green eyes to find a shadow color that looks good. This has become one of my staples. I've had the same jar for a couple years now and i still have a ton left. This shows up more gold on me than it looks in the packaging but I think it makes the color even better. Ill be very upset when I run out if they haven't brought these back :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this OTL forever--at least 3 or 4 years--and there is still about half of the container left. Beauty queen is a gorgeous iridescent lavender color. When I wear it wet, I find that the gold shimmer comes out a lot more intensely. Love it!

on 2/9/2005 4:23:00 PM

Whoa! This is beautiful! I got three of these OTL powders (other two were Orb and Raisin' Cane) when Eckard was having a clearance. I like this one the best. It's soooo pretty. In the jar it looks like dirt, but it applies as a sheer, pale lavender-grey with a light gold sheen. Layering it and/or using it wet brings out the lavender a bit more. I like using this on my lids with a bit of Milani's Illusion on the brow and black liner and mascara...such a fresh spring look! Texture is fine and soft. Staying power is decent, but my lids aren't oily. It'd probably be best to use an eyeshadow base with this. The jar is filled to the brim (be careful when opening it!) so I don't foresee myself having to buy this again in the near future--though I would, if it came down to it. The price was pretty insane (68 cents). If you can hunt this down, it'll probably be super-marked-down. I think this would be flattering on pretty much everyone so definitely buy it if you come across it.

on 10/23/2004 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think Beauty Queen would work on any color eyes. It also goes well with a lot of other shadows. Personally I like to use it with pinks and golds. If you like OTL's this is a must have.