L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse

4.7

Aqua (Water), Isobutane, Propane, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Polyurethane-34, Polyacrylate-3, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-9 PG-Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 80, Decyl Glucoside, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Trideceth-12, Trideceth-10, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Acetic Acid, Tocopherol

on 6/27/2018 1:42:00 PM

I seem to be one of the few who doesn't love this product and some of that is based on comparison of this line. I tried all three products - this one, the spray and the cream. They all perform well for air drying but the mousse and spray have some negatives that make them not very usable for me (still, both are betting than nothing on my hair). I have very tough hair to make look decent air dried - it is fine, thin, stick straight and dry due to highlights. This product gives my hair body and also does help give it some grip and a tiny bit of bend. BUT compared to the AIR DRY IT Undone Style Cream, this really mattes out my hair, does not help a lot with frizz and does leave it sticky. I can't find the cream version at the drugstore anymore and I fear they may discontinue it so I tried this one as it seems to be readily available in stores. I would not love this even if the cream version did not exist as it does not leave my hair soft (the stickiness is like that of a light mousse which makes sense, this is a mousse) and I still get a lot of my broken hairs sticking up and not looking smooth. I have been trying to really condition my hair before using this to see if I can get it softer, but no luck. I have also varied the amount I use to make sure I am not overloading my hair but no luck either.

on 6/2/2018 4:33:00 PM

I have medium-long, straight, fine, unprocessed hair. This product appealed to me as: -I like to try to keep my hair as free of heat damage as is possible; thus, I really only break out my hairdryer for use when the weather is very cold, special occasions (to help give my fine hair extra body & bounce), etc. -My hair is pretty low-maintenance & un-fussy. After I wash & condition it, I usually put it up in a med/high ponytail to dry. When it’s appx. 75-80% dry, I take it down; it’s still straight & has some body at the roots. Although this mousse is specifically marketed for air-drying hair, I *have* used it in a pinch with a blow-dryer and the results were still excellent! It is a nearly perfect hair styling product for me! Inexpensive, smells lovely, lasting results that really deliver. I was unsure before first using if it might make my naturally straight hair look “kinked” or “wrinkled” once dry as the bottles states it “Enhance hairs’ natural shape without leaving residue behind. A rich lightweight foam builds body, enhances waves and curls and provides hold.” — And I should have focused on the “enhances hairs’ NATURAL shape” rather than the waves/curls bit. It is such a true description of this product though because I have never noticed any residue with this, it’s very lightweight, keeps frizz at bay, never feels crunchy—hair only looks & feels naturally enhanced! A HG product for this picky chick.

LOVE this mousse! I have tried SO many hair products...mostly from high end brands. Kerastase, Aveda, bumble and bumble you get the picture. Not sure how/why I purchased this when I was at Walmart, but it was the best $5 I’ve ever spent! I have fine, mostly wavy, curly hair and I don’t like to take a lot of time styling. Air dry? Yes, please. I spritz a dollap in my hand and rub it until it’s just liquid, no white visible. I scrunch it in my towel dried hair and then do my makeup. After around 15 minutes, I diffuse for a few minutes. My hair is still damp when I’m driving to work. Your hair will look crunchy...but after it dries, you can continue scrunching. I get volume and soft, moisturized hair. I keep trying my more expensive products, but none of them deliver curls like this one does.

on 4/16/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is really good stuff if you have fine, wavy hair. My hair is 2a2b with an inconsistent wave pattern and this mousse really enhances the waves. It doesn't feel crunchy or stiff as long as I don't use more than a golf ball sized amount for my bra strap length hair. L'Oreal has the tendency to discontinue good products, so I recommend getting this while you can, it's only $3.99 for a lot of product.

on 1/25/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was almost out of my usual Dove mousse and had a coupon for this so gave it a try,so glad I did! Air dryed beautifully with great curl definition and no frizz or crunch.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This stuff is great!
I swore off mousses for awhile because of how dirty my hair would look+feel after only 2 days of no washing, presumably due to build up of product (I've discovered I can go 4-5 days without washing when I don't have mousse in my hair) but my mom had this sitting in her washroom and I decided to give it a whirl.
This mousse defines my curls like no other I've found before. Like the reviewer below, it actually defines some of my normally wavy locks into ringlets! Something I haven't seen for a very, very long time. This mousse does not give me the issue of weighed down looking hair after a few days no matter how much I apply, which is great.
It smells really good and keeps my hair super soft and touchable for days which is a huge thing for me, I hate crunchy feeling hair. I've been wearing my hair heat free natural much more because this mousse is so great at frizz control and curl definition (thanks mom!!).
I will definitely be buying my own bottle.

I'm absolutely loving this product! I've used several mousses over the year, especially ones directed at wavy and/or curly hair. This is my favorite so far.

A little bit about my hair - I have wavy 2B hair that is prone to frizz. I have a really hard time defining my waves and eliminating frizz while still keeping some volume in my hair. My usual routine is wash and go and I typically add a leave-in product for moisture. This has become the perfect addition to my routine!

I like this mousse because it defines my waves and makes them even wavier. I usually get the typically "S shape" in my hair but when I use this, I notice more small ringlets, which is exciting. I know I've always had a few ringlets here and there, but they are so hard to bring out. This does the trick! This also has a texturizing element that a lot of previous products I've tried didn't have. This is where is the "ruffled body" part of the name comes from. When I apply this, I can feel the product adding a bit of grit to my hair. It can make my hair feel slightly dirty at first but that feeling usually goes away once my hair is dry. This grit adds movement and volume to my hair, which is exactly what I need. I never like to wear my hair "too styled" and I'm always tossing if from side to side. I love that this helps keep my hair wild.

Here is my routine with this product - I wash and condition in the shower and towel dry. I'll add my leave-in product (currently the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer from Bumble & Bumble) and then I apply this product. I probably use about 2 golf ball sized pumps and distribute it throughout my hair. I haven't tried applying any directly to my scalp but I apply some pretty close to the roots. Once I've distributed the product throughout my hair, I'll do a bit of scrunching, tuck the front sections behind my ear and let my hair air dry.

This has decent hold. My waves last all day and they still feel touchable. I've tried experimenting with the amount I use and I've found that using too much of this can cause hair to feel dry and crunchy.

Overall, I'm loving this product! I'm not sure how well it would work on straight hair, but I think this product is awesome for anyone who has some texture. I picked mine up at CVS for around $5 so the price can't be beat. This line is definitely worth checking out. I'm going to try the Wave Swept Spray next!

Popular Styling Products