L'Oreal Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse

L'Oreal Advanced Hairstyle AIR DRY IT Ruffled Body Mousse

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This stuff is great!
I swore off mousses for awhile because of how dirty my hair would look+feel after only 2 days of no washing, presumably due to build up of product (I've discovered I can go 4-5 days without washing when I don't have mousse in my hair) but my mom had this sitting in her washroom and I decided to give it a whirl.
This mousse defines my curls like no other I've found before. Like the reviewer below, it actually defines some of my normally wavy locks into ringlets! Something I haven't seen for a very, very long time. This mousse does not give me the issue of weighed down looking hair after a few days no matter how much I apply, which is great.
It smells really good and keeps my hair super soft and touchable for days which is a huge thing for me, I hate crunchy feeling hair. I've been wearing my hair heat free natural much more because this mousse is so great at frizz control and curl definition (thanks mom!!).
I will definitely be buying my own bottle.

I'm absolutely loving this product! I've used several mousses over the year, especially ones directed at wavy and/or curly hair. This is my favorite so far.

A little bit about my hair - I have wavy 2B hair that is prone to frizz. I have a really hard time defining my waves and eliminating frizz while still keeping some volume in my hair. My usual routine is wash and go and I typically add a leave-in product for moisture. This has become the perfect addition to my routine!

I like this mousse because it defines my waves and makes them even wavier. I usually get the typically "S shape" in my hair but when I use this, I notice more small ringlets, which is exciting. I know I've always had a few ringlets here and there, but they are so hard to bring out. This does the trick! This also has a texturizing element that a lot of previous products I've tried didn't have. This is where is the "ruffled body" part of the name comes from. When I apply this, I can feel the product adding a bit of grit to my hair. It can make my hair feel slightly dirty at first but that feeling usually goes away once my hair is dry. This grit adds movement and volume to my hair, which is exactly what I need. I never like to wear my hair "too styled" and I'm always tossing if from side to side. I love that this helps keep my hair wild.

Here is my routine with this product - I wash and condition in the shower and towel dry. I'll add my leave-in product (currently the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer from Bumble & Bumble) and then I apply this product. I probably use about 2 golf ball sized pumps and distribute it throughout my hair. I haven't tried applying any directly to my scalp but I apply some pretty close to the roots. Once I've distributed the product throughout my hair, I'll do a bit of scrunching, tuck the front sections behind my ear and let my hair air dry.

This has decent hold. My waves last all day and they still feel touchable. I've tried experimenting with the amount I use and I've found that using too much of this can cause hair to feel dry and crunchy.

Overall, I'm loving this product! I'm not sure how well it would work on straight hair, but I think this product is awesome for anyone who has some texture. I picked mine up at CVS for around $5 so the price can't be beat. This line is definitely worth checking out. I'm going to try the Wave Swept Spray next!

Popular Styling Products