Dior Lacquer Stick

No Image

3.0

I am very blonde and have a light/medium skin tone. One would think I would pick lighter colors but I find they are never flattering. They wash me out. I also do not do Very well with mattes because they dry the heck out of my lips. I do best with dark sheer colors. The problem with sheers is that they do not last very long. Some of my favorite lipsticks are Burberry Blueberry, Clinique Black Honey, Sisley sheer lipsticks in Cherry and Burgundy. I purchased the Dior lacquer lipstick in Sauvage. It is a color I do not have yet, kind of a dirty oxblood color. In the tube it looks the color of dried blood. I noticed the Sephora associate looking at me strangely when I grabbed it and asked for a disposable lip brush. I dot a bit on the center of the lip and blend with the brush. What I get from the unnatural in the tube lipstick is the most natural lip. This color does something like blending into my natural lipcolor and the effect is beautiful. People have been asking me left and right what I am wearing when I have this on. When I pull out the tube it is a little bit of a shock. I am used to that though with others in my category that I like. I also can get a soft Ombre effect that I like from this color by really using the lip brush to distribute color along the lipline and blending in. This leaves a stain and it is the stain that I like. It is very flattering with my coloring.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is inexplicably bad. Sometimes I wonder if products are actually tested; I'm stumped by this one.
I'm a huge fan of the Addict Gel-Core lipsticks for their excellent wear, moisturization and shades. But since I was missing a brown nude, I thought I'd try the new Lacquer Stick instead. It promises shine and long wear...great!
Wrong! Totally bizarre. I bought Sauvage, which initially is a wonderful darker nude brown. That's where the love ended.

PROS
-nice shade

CONS
-tiny, skinny tube inside
-scented and flavoured (floral) so strong, it was nauseating and felt like nothing of that scent should be worn on lips and consumed
-doesnt apply evenly
-the pigment immediately clings on to any dry spot and makes it extremely obvious
-wears off quickly and leaves a very patchy, unflattering stain

I also tried the lovely shade Underground with similar results.

Do yourself a favour and check out the excellent Dior Addict lipsticks instead. Minimal scent, flattering, longer-wearing and more product. Also, Wet N Wild's balm stain stick far outperformed this for almost $40 less!!

This definitely falls into the "WTF?! Did anybody test this?" category, which is rare.

UPDATE: I tried this again so I wouldnt waste so much money, but it's absolutely unbearable. I'm not sensitive to scents in lip products, but this perfume is extreme. It tastes like someone sprayed cologne directly on my lips. If I accidentally have contact with my tongue or any travels inwards, I feel nauseated for a few minutes. Again, WTF?! That, and it's a terrible lipstick. I can not make this last at all and it feels slimy, but leaves a patchy stain behind. There are SO many better ones out there.