4.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

I have the Heaven's Hue highllighter in Bronze, which is deeper and more golden than the champagne-coloured Kitten. It's a good match for my skin colour, which matches MC 40 in MAC. My gosh, this highlighter is a beautiful texture and finish, but way too expensive in a market where there are powders, liquids, gels and droplets that deliver the same gleaming reflective highlight for about one-fourth the price. I love touching the pan - it has a bouncy smooth gel-rubber texture. Like Memory Foam. You could poke at it and see the indentation left by your finger (YouTube reviewers have been having fun with it). But really, a product should be more than an expensive toy. On my cheekbones, this leaves a lovely bronze-gold shine. It lasts most of the day if I set it with powder. And I sometimes use a dab on my eyelids just over a neutral brown eyeshadow. It's beautiful and useful, but not ultimately irreplaceable. A bronze-gilt shimmering effect is not hard to replicate these days. I'll use up every last bit of this pan, which will take me a few years I think. But I will not miss it when it's gone.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

Why oh why have I not tried this before? I was browsing through the Beauty Boutique section of SDM (almost a daily occurrence for me, ugh) and this was like a beacon calling out to me. I head straight over to immediately swatch every single shade of these highlighters and instantly fell in love. I looooooove a glossy highlight and loathe the glittery, chunky “you’re wearing highlight” highlighters. Heaven’s Hue can be worn as a subtle glowy glossy highlight or applied with a stronger touch will give you an intense wet look highlight, no glitter, just pure illumination that can blind you. It’s absolutely magical and the texture is a playground for the fingers. I challenge anyone to not touch it more than once with your fingers. Wear time is on the mark, lasting all day or night until you remove your makeup. There are 8 shades in the range but Kitten is a perfect nude with a slight pink/peach tone to it. It is a dimethicone based product so if you don’t like that move on.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

a year ago

I have never really tried any of Stila’s products before this one. Well let me just tell you, I AM IN LOVE!!! I have never tried a highlighter that is so pigmented, so easy to blend, and that is very long lasting, i was kinda nervous at first to try this because it does have a putty texture. But after playing around with it i found that it does have a powder finish. This product does come in multiple shades but this is the only one that I have tried so far, i will definitely be purchasing more. I did find that it was easier to apply and blend this with a dampened beauty sponge rather than a brush. When using a brush it did apply just not like i was hoping for, so if you like a more subtle highlight then i would use a brush, but if you want to blind everyone that you see then like i said, use a dumbed beauty sponge. Everything about this product is amazing from the packaging, down to the actual product. I was not disappointed in this at all and i will most certainly be purchasing this again!!!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

I spent months swatching Stila's highlights every time I went to Ulta, but I could never manage to make myself purchase one. I kinda regret waiting so long. The packaging is nice and pretty, and the product inside is just so cool. It has that squishy, almost sponge-like texture that's fun to use. Color-wise, it is a soft champagne glow that looks wet on the skin. Some days I want a highlight that is just reflective and dewy, and that is when I reach for Kitten. It can be built up to a more metallic finish as well. It is very light-weight on the skin, but it manages to last pretty well on top of foundation for me. I would highly recommend this, especially for highlight newbies or anyone who wants a versatile, flattering, natural-but-not-too-natural highlight.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

HG highlighter. this comes in 3 shades, Bronzed, Transcendence (lilac/ iridescent) and Kitten (nude), I got the latter which is beautifully subtle, when it catches the light it makes the skin looks almost wet. I’ve been searching for a highlighter that isn’t glittery or super obvious so this one is perfect, it just makes you look glowy rather than ‘highlighted’- it’s easy to go overboard with as it only shines when the light hits it so it’s best to apply in direct sunlight/ bright lights. It has a putty/ clay like consistency, applies like a powder but with none of the ‘powdery-ness’ the consistency also means the product won’t crack. *Tip: Try applying this with a damp beauty blender Xx

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I was at sephora and swatched this in store and I simply could not pass up. This is the only highlighter I have used where I didn't have to spray my brush to get good pigment. For everyday this on top of my nyx liquid illuminator is just amazing.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

Stila Kitten eyeshadow is my utter favourite, the colour is just perfect for me and I love the shimmer. I have tried to use it in the past as a highlighter, but the texture just wasn't quite right. When I saw this was coming out, I knew I had to have it! Firstly, it's a bit disappointing that you can only seem to get Stila in Marks and Spencer in the UK. I never go in there, and was expecting a stand in Boots. Oh well, no biggy I suppose. The packaging is gorgeous, a sturdy gold square with a large mirror. It fastens with a magnet. The highlighter is the strangest texture - it doesn't feel like powder! It almost feels like a cream product although it definitely isn't. It doesn't pick up well on a brush - I find it works better on fingers and patted where you want it then blended with a brush. The colour is stunning and is perfect on my skintone. It just blends in and gives me a sheen rather than a shine. It's not glittery at all either. The biggest down side is the price. This was £28 and if I hadn't just been awarded a decent bonus at work I would have passed as I have other highlighters that I like. I'm not sure I'd buy this again but have said Yes mainly because I have bought the eyeshadow a few times now. As a highlight there are a few dupes out there - Topshop 'Gleam' cream highlight is almost identical (I just don't get on with the cream formulation) and Illamasqua Sculpting Powder duo - not sure if it comes in a single - Heliopolis and Lumos is similar although lighter and a real powder. EDIT: I've been applying this with my fingers but actually, a densely packed brush works much better. I used my Urban Decay buffing brush this morning and it looks amazing! Also, if you love the eyeshadow for the colour but feel the shimmer is a bit much, this is beautiful for a daytime look. Use your finger to swipe over your lid for some instant colour but not as much shimmer as the shadow.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral