Stila Heaven's Hue KITTEN

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why oh why have I not tried this before? I was browsing through the Beauty Boutique section of SDM (almost a daily occurrence for me, ugh) and this was like a beacon calling out to me. I head straight over to immediately swatch every single shade of these highlighters and instantly fell in love. I looooooove a glossy highlight and loathe the glittery, chunky “you’re wearing highlight” highlighters. Heaven’s Hue can be worn as a subtle glowy glossy highlight or applied with a stronger touch will give you an intense wet look highlight, no glitter, just pure illumination that can blind you. It’s absolutely magical and the texture is a playground for the fingers. I challenge anyone to not touch it more than once with your fingers. Wear time is on the mark, lasting all day or night until you remove your makeup. There are 8 shades in the range but Kitten is a perfect nude with a slight pink/peach tone to it. It is a dimethicone based product so if you don’t like that move on.

I have never really tried any of Stila’s products before this one. Well let me just tell you, I AM IN LOVE!!! I have never tried a highlighter that is so pigmented, so easy to blend, and that is very long lasting, i was kinda nervous at first to try this because it does have a putty texture. But after playing around with it i found that it does have a powder finish. This product does come in multiple shades but this is the only one that I have tried so far, i will definitely be purchasing more. I did find that it was easier to apply and blend this with a dampened beauty sponge rather than a brush. When using a brush it did apply just not like i was hoping for, so if you like a more subtle highlight then i would use a brush, but if you want to blind everyone that you see then like i said, use a dumbed beauty sponge. Everything about this product is amazing from the packaging, down to the actual product. I was not disappointed in this at all and i will most certainly be purchasing this again!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I spent months swatching Stila's highlights every time I went to Ulta, but I could never manage to make myself purchase one. I kinda regret waiting so long. The packaging is nice and pretty, and the product inside is just so cool. It has that squishy, almost sponge-like texture that's fun to use. Color-wise, it is a soft champagne glow that looks wet on the skin. Some days I want a highlight that is just reflective and dewy, and that is when I reach for Kitten. It can be built up to a more metallic finish as well. It is very light-weight on the skin, but it manages to last pretty well on top of foundation for me. I would highly recommend this, especially for highlight newbies or anyone who wants a versatile, flattering, natural-but-not-too-natural highlight.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

HG highlighter. this comes in 3 shades, Bronzed, Transcendence (lilac/ iridescent) and Kitten (nude), I got the latter which is beautifully subtle, when it catches the light it makes the skin looks almost wet.
I’ve been searching for a highlighter that isn’t glittery or super obvious so this one is perfect, it just makes you look glowy rather than ‘highlighted’- it’s easy to go overboard with as it only shines when the light hits it so it’s best to apply in direct sunlight/ bright lights.
It has a putty/ clay like consistency, applies like a powder but with none of the ‘powdery-ness’ the consistency also means the product won’t crack.

*Tip: Try applying this with a damp beauty blender Xx

I was at sephora and swatched this in store and I simply could not pass up. This is the only highlighter I have used where I didn't have to spray my brush to get good pigment. For everyday this on top of my nyx liquid illuminator is just amazing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Stila Kitten eyeshadow is my utter favourite, the colour is just perfect for me and I love the shimmer. I have tried to use it in the past as a highlighter, but the texture just wasn't quite right. When I saw this was coming out, I knew I had to have it!

Firstly, it's a bit disappointing that you can only seem to get Stila in Marks and Spencer in the UK. I never go in there, and was expecting a stand in Boots. Oh well, no biggy I suppose.

The packaging is gorgeous, a sturdy gold square with a large mirror. It fastens with a magnet. The highlighter is the strangest texture - it doesn't feel like powder! It almost feels like a cream product although it definitely isn't. It doesn't pick up well on a brush - I find it works better on fingers and patted where you want it then blended with a brush.

The colour is stunning and is perfect on my skintone. It just blends in and gives me a sheen rather than a shine. It's not glittery at all either.

The biggest down side is the price. This was £28 and if I hadn't just been awarded a decent bonus at work I would have passed as I have other highlighters that I like. I'm not sure I'd buy this again but have said Yes mainly because I have bought the eyeshadow a few times now.

As a highlight there are a few dupes out there - Topshop 'Gleam' cream highlight is almost identical (I just don't get on with the cream formulation) and Illamasqua Sculpting Powder duo - not sure if it comes in a single - Heliopolis and Lumos is similar although lighter and a real powder.

EDIT: I've been applying this with my fingers but actually, a densely packed brush works much better. I used my Urban Decay buffing brush this morning and it looks amazing! Also, if you love the eyeshadow for the colour but feel the shimmer is a bit much, this is beautiful for a daytime look. Use your finger to swipe over your lid for some instant colour but not as much shimmer as the shadow.