Hourglass Cosmetics GIRL Lip Stylo in Achiever

No Image

4.2

on 11/11/2018 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Achiever is the perfect shade for my pigmented lips to enhance and define them in the most natural way. So the shade is truly a winner for me. Why only three stars?
Pros:
- bronze colored metal stylo tube is both elegant and practical
- perfect nude-pink-brown shade for my light complexion with pigmented lips
- creamy, comfortable consistency
Cons:
- Lasting power is really poor, 1-2 hours max on my lips, and that's without eating
- Goes rancid in under 6 months!
Especially the last point in my opinion is a sore one at that price point. I had to throw out the first stylo due to the strong crayon/rancid smell and taste and thought I got a lipstick from a bad batch. Since I like the shade so much I gave it another try and purchased a second one. Neither of my stylos was exposed to excessive heat. Unfortunately, the second try ended like the first one: I had to toss the lipstick after 3 months with over half of the contents left in the tube. So while I really like this fantastic shade on me, due to its poor lasting power and the fact that it turned unusable so quickly, I sadly won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wonder if these have changed? I just bought a couple of these to treat myself for some personal goals and I am very disappointed.

The packaging is beautiful but the lipstick smears all over the stylo top. Additionally the top of the stylo pen is hard to get on the stylo just so. Mine tended to go on crookedly and I felt like I was going to break the tip of the lipstick.

The lipstick was very balm-like so the point of the lippie was dull after one swipe. Also the consistency was very creamy and moisturizing--all good--but in an hour the lipstick was gone from my lips. Gone! I bought 3 and this was true across the board. Did not stand up to drinking water out of a straw.

Due to all the positive reviews from here and Beautypedia I was really expecting a fantastic lipstick.

on 7/18/2017 1:24:00 PM

I agree with the rave reviews. I almost didn't try this due to the price, but once I got the Achiever shade and wore it twice, I was online ordering a second one. I have this in three colors now but Achiever is just the perfect MLBB shade. I imagine that is why it sells out so much on Sephora. Perfect color and pigment, perfect lasting moisture and perfect packaging. I will buy over and over. In fact, I don't wear any other lip product now at all. Highly recommend ... it's worth the price.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I echo the previous reviewer in finding this so functional and flattering in so many different ways. It's incredibly smoothing, moisturizing and has the perfect level of pigment. It's not mauvey at all on me- more like a MLBB neutral brown that works with almost every eye and clothing shade.

I can build it up for a deeper office look, but use a light swipe for jeans.

The cap stays on and I LOVE how the stick itself is firm and pointed, but the product easily glides on.

Lasting power is pretty good for the level of moisture and balmy look. Plus, you don't need a mirror to reapply and it stays in the lines.

It's very pricey, but will get a lot of use. This little guy is going to be a pocket and purse mainstay.

on 3/27/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Hourglass hit it out of thee park with this product. It may be the best lipstick in the cleverest, most functional packaging I've ever used. Achiever is described as a "deep mauve"; it is a cool, very browned-down mauve (think 90s lip shades) that's a surprisingly flattering neutral. The formula is sublime--it's creamy, glides on the lips, and it lasts (more than 3 hours with snacking and drinking for me--impressive for the formula). And it's quite pigmented, but not overly so, so you can easily achieve the level of coverage you wish. There's a faint, pleasant, sweet scent and taste that dissipates quickly. It feels creamy although not overly so on the lips, and I had no drying while wearing it or afterward. The crayon format is genius--you can get a perfect application, shaping every part of the lip, with the crayon tip, and it needs no sharpening. Ever. It has a twist-up mechanism in the case, which is wonderfully made--it has a bit of heft (although not so heavy that it will weigh down your purse) and is very solid, with a cover that comes off easily yet clicks into place securely (it feels somewhat like closing the door of a very expensive car). Yes, they're expensive at $32 a pop, but given the formula, wear time, ease of use, and the component, it's worth every penny. I have Liberator and I want about six more of these. They make most of my other lipsticks feel like cheap junk in every way. I also like the range of neutrals and deep shades Hourglass introduced with this product--there's something for everyone, for day or night. It's genius and yes, I will purchase more of these.