Too Faced Peanut Butter and Honey Eye Shadow Palette

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I read some discouraging reviews of this palette when it first launched, but I picked it up when Too Faced had it on sale for $18. (It is usually $36.) I’m really glad I bought it and especially at the reduced price.

Although Just Peachy Mattes is Too Faced’s peachiest palette, there are some beautiful peach tones in Peanut Butter & Honey. I use eye primer under these and have no complaints about pigmentation or blendability. I’ve been satisfied with most of the mattes I’ve tried from Too Faced and some of their shimmers are stunning. Occasionally I encounter a sparkle shadow that leaves me cold, but those are few and far between.

Peanut Butter & Honey comes in the same type of tin as the Peanut Butter & Jelly palette, and features a similar illustration of a smiling piece of toast. The cutesy packaging turns off some buyers but I don’t mind it as long as the quality is good and I’m pleased with the colors. I get less fallout from these than some of the shadows in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. (The powders have a light, sweet scent which I find pleasant but it might not be a good choice for people who are extremely sensitive to fragrance.)

The tin has a magnetic closure. This is fine for use at home but I held onto the little box it came in just to make sure it stays closed in my suitcase. A rubber band would probably keep it secure if you no longer have the box.

Many palettes have a seemingly random smattering of colors that are challenging to match up. This palette is unusually well-organized. Each row coordinates beautifully if you start at the left and step your way to the right. Of course, you can always dabble among the rows. These shades are so harmonious that it’s actually difficult to think of two pans in here that wouldn’t look good together.

This is a small palette yet it gives you some variety. Too Faced always includes a “Glamour Guide” with a few diagrams to get you started, which makes these nine-pans ideal gifts for beginners.

This item isn't as easy to find as the Chocolate Bars, possibly because Too Faced has moved on to the Peaches and Cream Collection and their Holiday Collection. They have discontinued some of the nine-pan palettes. As I write this review, Peanut Butter & Honey is on sale on the Too Faced website for $32.40.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Peanut Butter And Honey palette was a surprise for me; a surprise in that I really enjoy it, whereas I was underwhelmed by the vlogger-approved and raved about Peanut Butter And Jelly palette. The brand's general product inconsistency didn't inspire confidence - so much so that I didn't even bother buying this palette, instead receiving it as a gift from a family member. I've now gotten a little bit of my faith in this brand back, and reach for this much more often then I do for PB&J...

The matte base/highlight shades are flattering to my skintone and super soft, though I prefer to use the base shade 'Creamed Honey' as a lid colour as it contains a few flecks of shimmer, and I don't like to use shimmer in highlight or base shades as my eyes are hooded. Much better selection of base shades in comparison to those in PB&J - two of those contain more shimmer, so I don't use those much and when I do it's not for their intended use.

The stars of the palette are the "Peanut Butter" selections; you get four tan/brown eyeshadows [one shimmer, one microglitter, and two mattes], in the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar's extremely popular 'Peanut Butter' shade and three new coordinating warm-neutral shades. These four shadows are lovely shades, and apply, blend and wear really well. I don't really like microglitter, but this shadow has a lot less fallout in comparison to the microglitter shade in the Peanut Butter and Jelly palette, so I do wear it sometimes and am happy enough with it.

And then we come to the "And Honey" portion of the palette - if you have blue eyes, then you'll be thrilled with the two matte shades in peach and yellow, as they make your eyes pop. Same great quality as the shadows in the peanut shade selections, though as the shades themselves are light and soft, I'm concerned that people with depth to their skintone may struggle with getting the most from them, so I've removed a lippie as they limit the palette a bit in terms of ease of usability.

One quick whine? This palette [like the PB&J] is only sold in US Ulta stores, so the rest of the world has to pay more for this [shipping & import and custom taxes] then we'd pay for one of TooFaced's 16 pan palettes in store, when buying this one through the TooFaced site. Rather unfair to all of the brand's international fans when the PB&J proved to be extremely popular, so the brand knew this would be highly likely to be in high demand too.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this palette. Too Faced is all about packaging and marketing. It looks cute but the product itself is okay or bad. First off all shades you get a ton of kickback- it's dusty and messy. Second most of the shades are chalky and lack pigmentation. Even with a good primer I had to really build it up for any color to show up. The three darkest shades are decent but not worth it to deal with six crappy ones. I had a hard time blending these shadows. It ended up looking muddy and patchy at the end. The only shade that is unique is Honey Buns- a yellow. But the formula was meh and I found a better dupe in the Viseart Warm Mattes palette. I hate this palette so much, I am going to return it. Save your money and don't get this palette. I think I am done with Too Faced eyeshadows until they work on their formula. This is the 3rd Too Faced eyeshadow palette that has failed me.