3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I use a clay mask twice a week for my oily skin. This smells nice (although, in general, I prefer my skincare products fragrance free) and skin doesn't feel dry once you've removed it. It's more pleasant to use than the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, which I also have in use at the moment. (That one doesn't smell too good and it can feel a little drying. On the otherhand, it just might be a little more effective at cleansing, too.) I have also tried Freeman's lemon and mint clay mask and charcoal clay mask (the one without the scrubbing particles) and I like them too.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

I bought this because I'd had a couple mild breakouts and just wanted something for the problem. A clay mask with manuka honey, tea tree oil, witch hazel ... all sounded good. (The added fragrance along with a few less natural ingredients, however, doesn't.) As for the mask itself, it's okay. Applying it, it feels like patting on Greek yogurt. It's thick, and doesn't run, which is nice. There is a bit of a honey-floral scent, but not so much a tea tree scent. I don't like the scent of all the Freeman masks, but this isn't bad. I find it kind of pleasant, in fact, even though it probably is artificial. I tend to leave it on for the 10-minute max, or sometimes a bit longer. It leaves my face feeling a bit dry at first, but not parched. (My skin is normal-ish, but gets a touch dry in winter.) After a short while it feels more normal, soft even. It seems okay for clearing out pores a bit, and leaves mine looking smaller for a while. It seems to help breakouts slightly, too. I'm not sure why they call it a cleanser. I wouldn't use it to cleanse my face of makeup, but as a mask to shrink pores, sure. It's no miracle in a tube, but I see this as something handy during some rough spots, or as a little pre-shower face treatment in the summer. Will I buy a second bottle of this? Unlikely. It's not a bad product, but I think it's going to take so long for me to finish this one out that this might be discontinued or reformulated by that time. Were I my teenage self, with a shiny nose and forehead, however, I think this would be a regular part -- as in, using three or four times a week, at least -- of my beauty arsenal.

About reviewer (364 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

I was really excited to try this because I love tea tree oil and have always wanted to try a product with manuka honey. This is like the 4th product in a row by Freeman that I've been let down by. This smells highly fragranced even though fragrance is the last ingredient. The 3rd ingredient is propylene glycol which I'm seeing in more and more in products and even food. Isn't it antifreeze??? Anyway, it's taken me a while to figure out that's what is making my face amazingly soft after I use Freeman products. But overall, they don't seem to do much for me. This one in particular takes much longer to dry than the recommended time of 10 max minutes to leave on, I think probably because it also doubles as cleanser. I regret buying it. I think their best one is the avocado and oatmeal even though it smells awful. The mint and lemon is good and smells really good. If your looking for something to really help with clogged pores and acne it's worth it to shell out the $10-15 and get some Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay and mix it with apple cider vinegar. Or if your looking for a good tea tree oil cleanser Dessert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash is the best. But this stuff is wimpy and probably does more harm than good is my guess. I will try this stuff as a cleanser and update if it changes how I feel about it:)

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age30-35