Marcelle Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel (non-foaming)

Marcelle Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel (non-foaming)

4.5

on 10/19/2017 1:07:00 AM

I decided this was worth a try because it is cheaper than my previous favourite non-foaming cleanser (Cerave Hydrating), and I'm really glad I did. In spite of being labelled a gel, this is a lotion textured cleanser, but one that rinses clean. I've never really used a cleanser that removed makeup so well and rinsed so cleanly without stripping my skin. In the evening I use it by itself if Ive used only a little makeup or none at all, and I use it after makeup remover if I've worn a full face. It is also my morning cleanser. Really impressive stuff. It's made me try more of Marcelle's skin care line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

To be honest, I'm not sure why this is labeled as a cleansing gel because it has a very creamy lotion consistency. Having said that, it has all the same great characteristics as the foaming version: oil free, paraben free, soap free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and perfume free. Although it says perfume free there is a very distinct scent to it that I personally do not enjoy. For this reason only I'm knocking one lippie off the rating because aside from that it works beautifully. If it wasn't for the scent, I would prefer this to the CeraVe Hydrating Cleansing Lotion which is currently one of my favorites. Having said that, Marcelle is a wonderful brand and I really enjoy their products. I do not use cleansers to remove makeup so I can't advise how effective it is in that regard but as a cleanser it is gentle and moisturizing.