La Roche-Posay Toleriaane Double Repair Moisturizer UV Broad Spectrum SPF 30

La Roche-Posay Toleriaane Double Repair Moisturizer UV Broad Spectrum SPF 30

2.2

Active: Avobenzone 3 (sunscreen), Homosalate 5 (sunscreen), Octisalate 5 (sunscreen), Octocrylene 7 (sunscreen).Inactive: Water (La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water), Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Ceramide NP, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium Edta, Capryloyl Glycine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, T-butyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol.

on 6/13/2018 1:39:00 PM

I don't know what is in this that makes my eyes burn and my nose runny.
Too bad because a moisturizer with SPF 30 is a big plus for me.
I'll use it up on my body.

First of all I want to say that if you have acne prone, or even are prone to the occasional breakouts, I would not recommend this product because it contains a couple of ingredients that can cause breakouts and clogged pores.  I do like the LA ROCHE-POSAY Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV SPF 30 because it applies well over moisturizer and contains the standard SPF 30.  Toleraine also contains some good beneficial ingredients for skin such as ceramides and niacinamide.  In terms of using this as both a sunscreen and your moisturizer, this did not provide enough moisture for me to use this alone, but if you have normal skin I could see that you might be able to use this as both since you don't need a ton of extra hydration.  I think this might be a touch too hydrating for those with oily skin though.  This is a chemical sunscreen so if you have sensitive skin you might want to pass on this because sometimes chemical sunscreens can cause sensitivity.  This worked well on my face but did cause some sensitivity on my neck (probably from the chemical ingredients).   Other than being affordable, packaged well, fragrance free, and providing good SPF coverage, this isn't the most exciting sunscreen, but for someone looking for a no frills affordable sunscreen, who isn't acne prone, I can say that this is a decent option.  My video review can be seen here-

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely not for anyone with dry skin. I have been doing well with the LRP anthelios AOX serum which, in my opinion, leaves my skin feeling more hydrated than this. I would think this would offer more hydration, but it doesn’t, and I need to layer this over another moisturizer. It also doesn’t pair well with my makeup, for as dry as it leaves me feeling as the day goes on, my skin looks really shiny and my skin texture feels rough and bumpy. I honeslty feel it does more damage to my skin barrier and the claim of being reparative is not true.
I usually will use any moisturizing products that perform poorly on my face and use them for my body, so I tried using this as a hand cream. Nope, it makes my hands feel tacky. I don’t even dare give it to my DH, whom I can usually give my face moisturizers that aren’t hydrating enough for me, but I don’t want to risk messing up his skin as well.
Another thing I don’t like about this product is LRP used a bottle twice the size than needed so there’s a ton of empty space in the bottle and it seems as though it’s less than half full. I wrote them and they respondd with a “we are certain there is the proper amount” but the only way I could have proven this would be empty out all of the product and measure it. But that’s ok, because I certainly won’t be buying this again, in fact I’m going to return it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Price: $19.99 (US) for 2.5 fl. oz./75 ml.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3% (sunscreen), Homosalate 5% (sunscreen), Octisalate 5% (sunscreen), Octocrylene 7% (sunscreen).

Inactive Ingredients: Water (La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water), Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Ceramide NP, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium Edta, Capryloyl Glycine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, T-butyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol.

I bought this product to see how it compared to my beloved LRP Anthelios SX spf15 moisturizer, which I have used religiously for at least 8 years. I was tempted by the higher spf, lower price tag and local availability. I'm sorry to say I won't be switching and I've already received a new tube of SX in the mail as I type this, lol. I don't want to put anyone off trying this product but, it just didn't work for me which is why I'm leaving a neutral rating.

Pros: Lightweight yet moisturizing, good/stable everyday spf, affordable, widely available, doesn't feel tacky or sticky and makeup applies well on top.

Cons: Caused irritation and mild breakouts due to irritation over time, however, I anticipated this would happen due to my being sensitive to Homosalate and Octisalate. Wasn't as moisturizing as I personally need. Packaging is oddly shaped.

My experience: In all honesty I think this would be a good sunscreen/moisturizer for a lot of people, however, I am not one of them. I am very sensitive to a lot of sunscreen filters both chemical and physical and this ended up irritating my skin over the course of a week. I noticed break outs on my cheeks which always are triggered when my skin is irritated. I also noticed a slight burning sensation and redness after application and removal. It also caused sensitivity to my eyes. Yes, I applied on lids and under eyes but, I also did this with the SX for years and have never had a problem. This does smell like a typical chemical sunscreen but it fades quite quickly. The finish is actually quite dry without being greasy and over time I realized I would need a more moisturizing product. I also had a couple of issues that may have been due to a defective product. The first is that it was incredibly difficult to get any product out of the tube. After squeezing in my hands, against the bathroom counter and between my knees, I finally pulled the top off, scooped out any product inside with a q-tip and then it came out easily but seemed to clog again soon after. The other issue is that there are tiny "shards" of clear plastic all over my face after I apply this. I don't know what they are but look like very small, thin, perfectly rectangular pieces of clear plastic. Overall I think this is a good daily use sunscreen that will work for most folks. Personally, I will be running back into the arms of my first sunscreen love, Anthelios SX spf15 moisturizer.

on 3/29/2018 9:21:00 AM

The consistency of this is very thick, and it straight up broke me out. I returned it. Pretty sad about it, because this line seems to get a lot of hype. I am still searching for a good SPF.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: My rosacea started taking issue with this sunscreen so I had to shelve it. Back to all mineral sunscreens. I love the light texture of all chemical sunscreens but my skin does not agree.

I bought this at CVS for $22.99 so a pretty good bargain for 2.5 oz. It's all chemical sunscreen so not the best for my rosacea but I have not had a huge reaction. This wears well under makeup but I find it necessary to let it dry first before application. My cheeks, which are dry, feel a little tight at first but a couple hours later that's all gone and by 5 pm chin is a little oily so I don't know how oily folks will feel about this product. It's pretty basic, has no scent and is easy to access. I'm liking it but not sure if it's love. It's just sunscreen iykwim.