2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I really like this daytime moisturizer w/ spf 30. I’m one of those people that has to have sunscreen in their moisturizer otherwise I won’t wear it (out of laziness). I have acne prone, sensitive dry skin for reference. I find this to be hydrating enough for daytime and works well under makeup. I like this a lot and it forces me to wear sunscreen! Only reason I wouldn’t repurchase is because I want to try the supergoop moisturizer + spf.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

8 months ago

This doesn't moisturize enough and wears poorly under my foundation. In certain lighting it looks great great and luminescent (not in a greasy way though) but when I examine the skin up close it appears dry and there's mild flaking. Additionally, I did experience some stinging and my skin gets itchy after a couple of hours. For reference I have combo skin. I would think this would work well for normal skin types or perhaps even oily skin.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Relaxed, Other

a year ago

I like this! It's unscented, it doesn't sting my eyes, it's moisturizing enough for combo-oily skin that I don't need to wear another moisturizer underneath it. I do wish it didn't contain avobenzone, which rust-stains my clothing horribly.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

ok, i have used up two of these and am on my third now. i would give this 3.5 stars so i'm rounding up to 4, although this is definitely not a solid 4 product for me. i do like it and think it does amazing things though, and would recommend to people with dry skin who are not acne prone. the good: - this product gets a 2 on EWG! it has no oxybenzone or octinoxate - feels comfortable and improves/smooths skin texture visibly within a short time after application - truly gives an AMAZING glow - like more than any vitamin c serum i've used (and i've used skinceuticals, mad hippie, timeless, TO, amazon brands, etc - and i keep them in the fridge.). the glow is kind of addicting! i'm not sure if this is the niacinimide and ceramides or what, because cerave pm and eltamd am didn't give me the same kind of glow, so i'm guessing there's something additional in this formulation that contributes to the glow. but love that it has some great ingredients. - reputable skincare company; one of their sunscreens earned top ratings in i think the 2017 or 18 consumer reports sunscreen testing - so you would guess they know what theyre doing when it comes to sun protection, at least - priced really well, at least for this brand - no drying alcohols the bad - definitely can clog pores for those prone. to provide context, personally, i'm very acne prone and somewhat sensitive. certain well tolerated, noncomedogenic products that work great for other people absolutely wreak havoc on my skin (like cerave products, among others) - those products seem to enlarge and aggravate my pores resulting in persistent whiteheads and texture change, etc.. THIS SUNSCREEN DOES NOT DO THAT. for me, this product does cause an increase in clogged pores and whiteheads, but they're usually minor/somewhat easily treatable. it's also just hard for me to find a suitable sunscreen that doesn't, and sometimes if my skin overall just isn't doing well, I feel like it's worth the clogs just to get the other benefits that this provides. i think leaving it on for less time (eg 8 hours vs 16 per day) results in less clogging. however, i have a tendency more towards closed comedones and superficial whiteheads, with rare or minor occurrence of cystic acne, so people who are prone to cystic acne may react differently. - it can/will make your face look like an oil slick if you don't take measures to keep that in check - it doesn't contain the worst offenders when it comes to dangerous sunscreen chemicals, but it does contain a couple that aren't the best either (homosalate and octisalate - each get a 4 from EWG) all in all, good product, but i continue to be on the lookout for a safe and effective sunscreen, and a similar glow-inducing moisturizer, that won't clog pores.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

I don't know what is in this that makes my eyes burn and my nose runny. Too bad because a moisturizer with SPF 30 is a big plus for me. I'll use it up on my body.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

2 years ago

First of all I want to say that if you have acne prone, or even are prone to the occasional breakouts, I would not recommend this product because it contains a couple of ingredients that can cause breakouts and clogged pores.  I do like the LA ROCHE-POSAY Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV SPF 30 because it applies well over moisturizer and contains the standard SPF 30.  Toleraine also contains some good beneficial ingredients for skin such as ceramides and niacinamide.  In terms of using this as both a sunscreen and your moisturizer, this did not provide enough moisture for me to use this alone, but if you have normal skin I could see that you might be able to use this as both since you don't need a ton of extra hydration.  I think this might be a touch too hydrating for those with oily skin though.  This is a chemical sunscreen so if you have sensitive skin you might want to pass on this because sometimes chemical sunscreens can cause sensitivity.  This worked well on my face but did cause some sensitivity on my neck (probably from the chemical ingredients).   Other than being affordable, packaged well, fragrance free, and providing good SPF coverage, this isn't the most exciting sunscreen, but for someone looking for a no frills affordable sunscreen, who isn't acne prone, I can say that this is a decent option.  My video review can be seen here- <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7cymBw5D_UQ"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7cymBw5D_UQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

Very heavy on the sunscreen, smells strongly of it and burns if you accidentally get it in your eyes. I've decided to stop wearing facial moisturizers with sunscreen for the eye burning reason and will probably stick to foundations with SPF instead from now on.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Right now, this is my practical, going-out sunscreen moisturizer - especially since my skin needs extra protection in this summer heat. I use a different moisturizer for hydration. La Roche-Posay has been on my radar for a while, so once CVS emailed me a 30% coupon, I picked this up! It's noteworthy to mention that this moisturizer won an Allure Best Of award in 2017. The product is lightweight and absorbs fast, and makes my skin feel smooth (similar to how freshly primed skin feels). Very comfortable. I haven't had much experience with products with niacinamide - a B vitamin - in its ingredients, but I haven't experienced any redness or irritation. Ceramide is such a buzz product for aging and dry skin, but I haven't used this long enough to notice if my skin's gotten &quot;healthier&quot;? There's 2.5 oz of product in the tube, but as others have said, it does look half-full, which may be attributed for how wide the tube is. EDIT 5/25/18: I really like this sunscreen moisturizer - compared to the Garnier brand ones I've been religiously using since high school, this isn't greasy or sticky. It dries down to a second skin texture, and doesn't have a oily sheen! I haven't experienced acne with this product, but with the Garnier sunscreen I'll get the occassional clogged pore on my forehead. Move over Garnier - this sunscreen is now my HG sunscreen moisturizer!

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

This is definitely not for anyone with dry skin. I have been doing well with the LRP anthelios AOX serum which, in my opinion, leaves my skin feeling more hydrated than this. I would think this would offer more hydration, but it doesn’t, and I need to layer this over another moisturizer. It also doesn’t pair well with my makeup, for as dry as it leaves me feeling as the day goes on, my skin looks really shiny and my skin texture feels rough and bumpy. I honeslty feel it does more damage to my skin barrier and the claim of being reparative is not true. I usually will use any moisturizing products that perform poorly on my face and use them for my body, so I tried using this as a hand cream. Nope, it makes my hands feel tacky. I don’t even dare give it to my DH, whom I can usually give my face moisturizers that aren’t hydrating enough for me, but I don’t want to risk messing up his skin as well. Another thing I don’t like about this product is LRP used a bottle twice the size than needed so there’s a ton of empty space in the bottle and it seems as though it’s less than half full. I wrote them and they respondd with a “we are certain there is the proper amount” but the only way I could have proven this would be empty out all of the product and measure it. But that’s ok, because I certainly won’t be buying this again, in fact I’m going to return it.

About reviewer (310 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Price: $19.99 (US) for 2.5 fl. oz./75 ml. Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3% (sunscreen), Homosalate 5% (sunscreen), Octisalate 5% (sunscreen), Octocrylene 7% (sunscreen). Inactive Ingredients: Water (La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water), Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Ceramide NP, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium Edta, Capryloyl Glycine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, T-butyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopherol. I bought this product to see how it compared to my beloved LRP Anthelios SX spf15 moisturizer, which I have used religiously for at least 8 years. I was tempted by the higher spf, lower price tag and local availability. I'm sorry to say I won't be switching and I've already received a new tube of SX in the mail as I type this, lol. I don't want to put anyone off trying this product but, it just didn't work for me which is why I'm leaving a neutral rating. Pros: Lightweight yet moisturizing, good/stable everyday spf, affordable, widely available, doesn't feel tacky or sticky and makeup applies well on top. Cons: Caused irritation and mild breakouts due to irritation over time, however, I anticipated this would happen due to my being sensitive to Homosalate and Octisalate. Wasn't as moisturizing as I personally need. Packaging is oddly shaped. My experience: In all honesty I think this would be a good sunscreen/moisturizer for a lot of people, however, I am not one of them. I am very sensitive to a lot of sunscreen filters both chemical and physical and this ended up irritating my skin over the course of a week. I noticed break outs on my cheeks which always are triggered when my skin is irritated. I also noticed a slight burning sensation and redness after application and removal. It also caused sensitivity to my eyes. Yes, I applied on lids and under eyes but, I also did this with the SX for years and have never had a problem. This does smell like a typical chemical sunscreen but it fades quite quickly. The finish is actually quite dry without being greasy and over time I realized I would need a more moisturizing product. I also had a couple of issues that may have been due to a defective product. The first is that it was incredibly difficult to get any product out of the tube. After squeezing in my hands, against the bathroom counter and between my knees, I finally pulled the top off, scooped out any product inside with a q-tip and then it came out easily but seemed to clog again soon after. The other issue is that there are tiny &quot;shards&quot; of clear plastic all over my face after I apply this. I don't know what they are but look like very small, thin, perfectly rectangular pieces of clear plastic. Overall I think this is a good daily use sunscreen that will work for most folks. Personally, I will be running back into the arms of my first sunscreen love, Anthelios SX spf15 moisturizer.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral