Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Black 01

Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Black 01

4.8

on 4/8/2018 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I’ve searched & used so many different brands trying to find a mascara that actually holds a curl & doesn’t just weigh my naturally straight lashes down. I use the waterproof version of this mascara & have for several months now. I am totally pleased with how it holds a curl for hours. As I stated, my lashes are naturally straight and this mascara works GREAT. Seldom do I ever have to touch it up. It does have a tendency to clump but I run the closed tube under hot water for a minute or so and it comes out silky & ready to apply. Jet Black is truly jet black too.

on 3/11/2018 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have long very straight lashes that do not maintain a curl even after using Shu eyelash curlers. But with this mascara they do hold a curl. This does not budge - no flaking or smudging. Recommended

on 3/10/2018 9:07:00 PM

This is for the "Long and Curl Mascara" in water proof version:

Pros:
1. AMAZING staying power. Cry your eyes out, rub your eyes-- this mascara will stay in its place and will not flake
2. Does not clump-- I put on two coats of this mascara and my lashes looked like mine, but BETTER (I also use the "long" version of this mascara together with this to lengthen)
3. Color is beautiful
4. Will hold curl on my short, lifeless and straight Asian eyelashes. Curled my lashes and applied this mascara-- my lashes were PERFECT the entire day

Cons:
1. One of the main ingredients of this mascara is talc and I wish that the company would innovate to change this, because there's no reason why any cosmetics in 2018 should contain talc (check out ewg.org for toxins in our cosmetics)
2. Can be a bit drying on the lashes over time (I moisturize my lashes with a mix of coconut/jojoba/castor or sometimes even EVO every night to combat dry and brittle lashes)

All in all, despite the ingredient, this is THE mascara for me. This is my HG and one I've loved for over a decade. For people complaining about difficulty in removal of this product, the same company also sells eyemakeup remover which can also be used to remove lip makeup or makeup in general. I buy mine from either local Japanese stores, when I travel overseas, or Yesstyle.com (when I buy online, I buy them when they're on sale for around $8-10).

on 1/13/2018 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This review is for the Long & Curl Waterproof version:

I have fairly straight eyelashes and I LOVE this waterproof mascara! I always use an eyelash curler (my favorite is the Japonesque pink plastic one that looks really cheap but it's fantastic!) and there are 2 mascaras I've found that create nice, full, long lashes and KEEP MY LASHES CURLED ALL DAY - this one and the Maybelline Waterproof Lash Sensational. So yep, this one keeps lashes curled and doesn't clump - it has a nice, simple brush that creates full, lengthy lashes that last all day and night.
And the absolute best waterproof mascara remover is this brand, in the pink plastic bottle (or you can get it in the pink mascara wand, which I use daily and refill with the pink bottle). There's nothing else I've found like this brand of remover - doesn't blur my eyes, doesn't sting at all, and it actually removes the mascara effortlessly.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

They mean it when the instructions say to apply from the root, and SLOWLY. I've tried rushing and it always clumped up and come off as "spidery" looking. It's best to use a lash curler prior. This mascara really does help your lashes to appear longer.

Japanese mascaras a really known for having the blackest of black hues; not a dark greyish cast as many Western mascaras tend to actually have. Also, this easily washes off with my DHC cleansing oil so there's really no need to buy their eye makeup remover.