Marcelle City Multi-Protection Tinted Cream

Marcelle City Multi-Protection Tinted Cream

on 6/13/2018 10:14:00 PM

I'm a little undecided about whether or not I'd purchase again. I know it's a moisturizer so it can be used on its own after face wash and toner, etc., but I don't feel like it spreads well on my skin and gives full coverage. I use it as a foundation, over my moisturizer. I love that it has SPF and if I use it this way, it gives me much better coverage. My full review is on YouTube here:

on 1/13/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in a gift set that included with the City Concealer, Translucent Loose Powder and Ultimate Fringe Effect Mascara in addition to the Tinted Cream (all in a large makeup bag that is the perfect size for holding skin care, makeup and other toiletries in your luggage) that was on sale 50% off so it was less than $18 CDN. Talk about a total score! The cream usually costs $20 CDN on it’s own so this was an amazing value. There is a decent amount of coverage, although less less than Marcelle’s BB cream, it is good if you are looking to just even out skin tone and have a natural finish to your skin. It’s the kind of base I like for casual days where minimal makeup is required but provides enough to the skin that you won’t be mortified if you are running an errand and having to show your face in public. It also provides extra moisture to those of us with dry skin and doesn’t really set down like a typical BB/CC cream or foundation would. As per the picture, it comes in a squeezy tube but there is no pump, just a tiny but pointy nozzle end which allows you to squeeze out as much or as little as you like. I don’t know that I would purchase this full price but for the deal I got I would say it’s worth it.

I was worried that Marcelle's Tinted Cream would clog my pores and cause a break out. I am not a fan of putting lotion-type products on my face. However, my fears were for naught, as the product was very gentle. I used POREfessional as a primer then Marcelle's Tinted Cream. It was acceptable. My only complaint with the product is that the coverage is minimal. However, I will continue to use the product until it is gone, because I'm cheap like that. :-)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in the colour Light to Medium. I love Marcelle - love that they're a small CANADIAN company with some pretty good products that are affordable but just as good as some of their pricier competitors. But, I'm a little bit on the fence with this product and a bit confused by it as well. I've loved Marcelle's CC cream since it launched. It has a higher level of sun protection and better coverage than this so I'm wondering why I should even be bothering with it. I can't imagine using it as a base (since 90% of the time, what I'd be putting on top - IT or Marcelle CC cream) contains sunscreen and offers better but still natural looking coverage. I'm not wild about the packaging - no pump (unlike their BB and CC Creams) and I don't really know just how much is the "right amount" to use. I also don't like that you can't see how much product is left in the tube (which seems quite small - I had to double check to see that it is actually a full ounce). I also need to store this in the box with the lid UP, otherwise way too much product leaks out when I open the lid.

Having got all those negatives out of the way, this isn't a bad product at all - basically a nice tinted moisturizer, with SPF - very much like Laura Mercier's but at a fraction of the price.

I was on the fence with this tinted cream because I thought why would I spend money on a tinted moisturizer when I can get a foundation with a better coverage boy was I ever wrong!

1. Coverage - This has a beautiful light to light-medium coverage. It is also quite radiant and makes you look like you had a very good skin day.

2. Finish - A very flattering natural finish. It is not overly dewy and not matte at all. Perfect for the not so very cold days.

3. Primer - This is where the product shines through. I am someone who suffers from old pitted acne scars and trust me when I tell you that this product glided onto my pores and fine lines. Something about the formula that makes me want to return my MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream. It is so beautiful on the skin and it did not impact the way I applied my foundation on top of it. I used my EX1 foundation in shade 2

4. Shade: I am between NC 20-25 and the shade light medium matches me perfectly.

Overall, this is an excellent product from Marcelle. I suggest you get this now while they have the $5.00 off coupon floating around the internet. You can get this at Walmart, Shoppers and Rexall.

This is a must have and will def repurchase!

on 3/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am always looking for an all-in-one product to sport during the weekdays as I need to be out the door by 6:15 am, so I don't have time to put on layers of moisturizer, spf, primer, foundation. This goes on right after my lotion, and it does all three, so I just lightly set with a foundation powder before proceeding to the rest of my makeup. Now this actually doesn't have very much coverage at all so the Light Medium shade works for my NC 30-35 complexion, but it does even my skin tone and pores and feels like another moisturizer going on. I apply and blend into my skin with fingers, not streaky at all. I am always weary of TM cuz my acne prone skin is fickle af but I haven't broken out from this. This does last through a work day for me without a primer or setting spray but setting it would be wise. One star off for ONLY offering UVB protection, come summer I will layer a stronger SPF but its okay for the dark morning commutes to an office setting. I cannot attest to the pollution protection claim either as I have only had this for a week, but I also live in a smaller city in Canada.

PRO: Easy to blend, not heavy, light coverage
CON: Only UVB protection

Currently there is a coupon for $5.00 off this on the Marcelle website, regular price is $20 CAD.

Video Reviews & Tutorials