Hard Candy Sheer Envy Hydra-Prime Primer Lotion

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Hydra-Prime Primer Lotion

4.2

on 9/12/2017 11:43:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this primer actually does something unlike the billions of others I've tried. Plus it's moisturizing. I have the spray too and I love it as well

on 8/17/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*** EDIT: After using this product for 3 months I realized one thing that made me take off one lippe. While I originally thought this was moisturizing enough for my normal skin, now that the fall months have rolled around it's not doing the job. I need more moisturization when the weather gets cooler. I would use this in the summer again but it's not going to cut it when winter rolls around. Typically I like to use products that work for me year-round, so with that being said I probably wouldn't repurchase. ***

*** EDIT 2: After using this product for 4 months I have concluded that it was the main culprit in breaking me out along my jawline. Would not recommend, would not repurchase. ***

I really enjoy this primer. It's a blue lotion but is somewhat gel-like in consistency (kind of a gel-lotion hybrid). It doesn't really have a scent.

The claims of this are this it moisturizes, primes, & perfects. It definitely does moisturize well. I have normal skin that leans a bit more on the dry side of things and I feel like I can get away with using just this & SPF before makeup (this product doubles as a moisturizer for me.) I feel like it primes well. My makeup applies smoothly, looks nice, and lasts all day when applied over the top of this. As far as the claim that it perfects... I don't know. My skin looks the same after I use it, just more hydrated. Like it doesn't minimize pores or anything like that and for me it doesn't noticeably perfect the skin. Which is fine... I only expected this to moisturize my skin and prolong the wear of my foundation (both of which it does.)

I like the packaging on this a lot. Squeeze tube packaging has got to be my favorite when it comes to makeup. I paid $7 for this at WalMart and you get 1.3oz. It contains coconut water, jojoba oil, and glycerin. On the Hard Candy website it's described as being lightweight and cooling. It is pretty lightweight (sinks into the skin very quickly, doesn't feel greasy) but I haven't really noticed a cooling effect. Either way, this is a good primer.

on 7/3/2017 2:13:00 PM

this is great if you have dry skin. especially if you want a dewy look, this primer will help give a healthy glow to your skin. the only downfall is how thick it is. it's not the same consistency of the original sheer envy which is my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have cranky rosacean skin that has led to rough, slightly flaky patches on either cheek that defy attempts at moisture and get terribly irritated with even gentle exfoliation. The skin is also rather red there, but makeup looks awful due to the texture. So I bought this to try on those particular areas.

I know by now to patch-test new products, but I was desperate yesterday and just took the plunge, and applied a small bit over these areas only after letting my sunscreen sink in. It did feel nice going on, kind of cooling. But the best part was when I tried my foundation; it actually went on smoothly! No clinging to flakes or caking up. I may have done a little happy dance in the bathroom!

No irritation at all as of yet, though I'm nowhere in the clear. Will update after further use, but so far I'm very pleased!

on 4/2/2017 10:32:00 AM

I love this along with the spray and the coconut cooling primer stick.

How can I start describing this product and how grateful I am that I found this at Walmart! It's a miracle in a tube!
It moisturizes, primes and perfects your skin!

Ladies and Gents, if you are suffering from extremely dry flaky skin. Look no further because this is such a great product that needs more attention.

It is a moisturizer and a primer in one product. It is so hydrating, nourishing and it will make your skin so smooth and soft. The smell could be an issue to some people but it fades away so quick that it won't bother you at all.

This product contains some coconut water and hydrating ingredients that will truly make your makeup application such a breeze.

This is a must have!!!!! Definitely buying this again.