Becca First Light Priming Filter

Becca First Light Priming Filter

4.1

on 12/26/2017 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this a lot, but only when I make sure to properly and seriously prep my skin with exfoliation and moisturizer beforehand. For my dry skin, this isn’t enough on its own and can look either really great or really terrible depending on what’s going on with my skin underneath. I wish it did more for me on its own, but I think that’s just due to my skin type. The product is beautiful and feels great!

on 12/26/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LURV this stuff!

I have quite yellow skin, so I think the slight lavender tinge tones down any sallowness I might have. I just look more awake, like I'm being a good girl and getting enough sleep and drinking enough water. I also appreciate the highly hydrating formula since I live in an arid environment and work in an office. Doesn't blur or smooth pores, but that's not what I bought it for. I also like wearing this on days when I'm not going anywhere and I just want to look more awake.

on 12/14/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Let’s start off by saying I have super dry, light mature skin. For that reason I only wear foundation when I go out so I needed something for the office that would help brighten up my face and help battle the dry patches I get with the office ventilation. I got this as a sample with my Becca liquid moonstone highlighter and fell in love. It instantly refreshed my face over my moisturizer and paired perfectly with my highlighter and bronzer. The luminous bright look doesn’t last all day but I’d say a good 6 hours or so by itself. I have used once as a primer and didn’t noticed a difference but I don’t generally use one since I already layer a crap ton anyways before foundation. If you’re going for that no makeup look but want an extra pop this is a must and the bottle will last you a long time so it’s worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this primer from Sephora and tried it on for a friend's wedding.

I loved the light lemongrass scent which disappeared after I applied this on my face after my usual skin prep routine (cleanse, avene water, lotion, serum, moisturiser, eye cream, sunscreen).

I went on with my usual special occassion Chanel Vitalumiere foundation and the usual works for my face make up (liquid concealor, cream blush and highlighter, loose powder on the forehead, chin, neck and jawline areas).

I didn't really see how I looked until I got to the wedding venue and was very surprised that my skin had such a nice dewy glow! It lasted through the night for about 5 hours till I had to remove it. My face make-up did not budge at all.

I have dry, sensitive skin but did not break me out. I'd love to give this more lippy if the full sized bottle wasn't so expensive. I'll likely buy this as a treat to myself and use it only for special occasions.

UPDATE: I bought two tubes of the mini ones and am loving it. Using this for all my dinner outings this holiday season.

on 10/28/2017 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great primer if you plan on a dewy look. I use it with MAC face and body foundation for my daily look. I feel it brighten the skin. Not doesn't blur out large pores on my nose, but not a deal breaker. Makes my foundation last all day.

on 9/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this primer!

I was hesitant because of the purple color but it did not turn my face purple or blueish! I have tan skin with yellow undertones(MAC NC40/42, NARS Stromboli-Syracruse, Becca Olive-Bamboo) which im fine with and I didnt want a purple colored primer to completely obstruct my skin color. As I blended this primer into my skin, there is no trace of color and I can definitely say my skin/base is much brighter and awake looking yet not oily or greasy at all. I dont wear any primer to prolong my makeup wear time so I cannot comment on that. My two main foundations are: Becca Ultimate Creme and NARS Sheer Glow and they both wear perfectly with this primer. The primer feels very light and refreshing, not at all drying yet not oily feeling. It did not make me oilier with time either. This is not a heavy duty, spackle-siliconey type primer to fill in large pores or wrinkles, or a super mattifying primer. It very lightly preps for base makeup.

Conclusion: Wonderful primer to brighten, look more awake and light prep for base makeup. Does NOT fill in pores or mattify. Very light/sheer feeling; refreshing. Does not leave skin purple. great for all skin types, maybe not very oily though. Great for daily wear. Would purchase again

on 8/29/2017 7:12:00 PM

I love BECCA products but this wasn't a necessary product to my foundation routine. The ad showed a brightened complexion after applying but I don't feel like it did any brightening. As a primer it didn't do well in holding my makeup in place all day. Has a light, delicate scent but I wouldn't repurchase. I'd say skip this primer and get the ever matte primer.

on 7/31/2017 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this primer. I'm not a primer person I've never seen the point. However this primer makes my skin feel so refreshed I've actually been skipping moisturizer. Is this a necessity? Probably not, but I'm a big believer in wearing makeup that makes you feel good so I will repurchase.

Love this primer I have a lot of the backlight primer so I wanted to try this. I went full size because it seemed so lovely and it really is! This makes my skin look great it holds my makeup no problem. I also like to wear it without foundation because it really does blur out imperfections while making my skin look glowy. Besides all the good skincare it actually holds my foundation till I wash it off no problem. It even worked well with powder foundation. The scent isn't overpowering to me at all. I love the glow it gives me and how good it feels on my skin. Also my skin is combo oily atm and this does not feel heavy or make my skin greasy at all.

It's pricey but you don't need much at all. I like to add a little extra to my cheeks and wherever. I want more of a glow but it's never sparkly at all. It makes my skin look great! The price is meh but the product itself is awesome. I rotate between this and the Backlight primer and love them both. I think the first light will be great when my skin gets super dull during the cold months too. I like to use this with the Becca pink undereye concealer my skin just looks so nice and healthy. It's really a nice product imo. I would repurchase this no doubt. Recommended.

on 7/15/2017 11:35:00 AM

i bought this primer after reading few reviews, so i - more or less - knew how can i expect. at first i was intend to buy a sample size but i decided to go wild and risk my hard earned money on full size product ;)

and i'm in love with it! after first applaying i was like "where have you been all my life?!?", cause it makes my skin looks so wonderful even without any foundation, BB cream or powder. my skin looks radiant, healty and pretty :) and it really extends the longevity of my makeup and even after all day long, when i'm back at home, my skin looks really nice and fresh.

i used it with my Avene Couvrance Fluid and with The Ordinary Serum Foundation and it makes perfect combo with both. but - to be honest - i found even better way to wear it in my everyday makeup. i apply Becca on my face (after my moisturizer and SPF) and i give it few minutes to absorb and lay on my skin (f.e. i go back to my morning coffee :D), after that i use my concealer and something to brighten up my under eye area and i put my Anabelle Minerals "Pretty Neutral" mineral poder/primer on top of that. and this two makes even more perfect couple and my face look like form the cover of the magazine ;)

as for the pricetag - yes, it's not so cheap, but a little goes a long way and it performs a miracle on my skin, so it's also worth its price :)