Becca First Light Priming Filter

3.9

on 6/2/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Probably my favorite of the glowy primers. This gives a lift-from-within glow that is angelic but natural and suitable for everyday. I do wish it was unscented although my skin doesn't seem to mind its citrus fragrance. I like the full size (and its pump!) and appreciate that I can also find this in a travel size squeeze tube.

I got this in a sample set so I gave it a go and immediately washed it off. This didn't do anything good for my ruddy, fair, mature skin. The purple tinge just looked weird with reddish skin. Not moisturizing nor blurring. I prefer highlighters with more golden or champagne tinge to counterbalance redness.

on 4/25/2018 8:49:00 AM

I bought a small tube because I was intrigued by it and a lot of people seemed to be enjoying it. It's nice but nothing special, I find it actually is a bit heavy and hydrating for me, gives me a kind of sweaty and shiny look. It's very pretty to look at in the tube and i'll apply it on the high points and use it up but I won't buy it again. I have combination skin which is why this might not be working well for me, it gets quite oily during the day and more so wearing this stuff.

on 2/4/2018 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I kinda like this primer as it give a that “hydrated” glow to the skin when layered with foundation. I love natural look, and this product works to achieve it. The violet hue brings out that refreshed glow it promises. I want to repurchase when I run out of it.

on 12/26/2017 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this a lot, but only when I make sure to properly and seriously prep my skin with exfoliation and moisturizer beforehand. For my dry skin, this isn’t enough on its own and can look either really great or really terrible depending on what’s going on with my skin underneath. I wish it did more for me on its own, but I think that’s just due to my skin type. The product is beautiful and feels great!

on 12/26/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LURV this stuff!

I have quite yellow skin, so I think the slight lavender tinge tones down any sallowness I might have. I just look more awake, like I'm being a good girl and getting enough sleep and drinking enough water. I also appreciate the highly hydrating formula since I live in an arid environment and work in an office. Doesn't blur or smooth pores, but that's not what I bought it for. I also like wearing this on days when I'm not going anywhere and I just want to look more awake.

on 12/14/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Let’s start off by saying I have super dry, light mature skin. For that reason I only wear foundation when I go out so I needed something for the office that would help brighten up my face and help battle the dry patches I get with the office ventilation. I got this as a sample with my Becca liquid moonstone highlighter and fell in love. It instantly refreshed my face over my moisturizer and paired perfectly with my highlighter and bronzer. The luminous bright look doesn’t last all day but I’d say a good 6 hours or so by itself. I have used once as a primer and didn’t noticed a difference but I don’t generally use one since I already layer a crap ton anyways before foundation. If you’re going for that no makeup look but want an extra pop this is a must and the bottle will last you a long time so it’s worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this primer from Sephora and tried it on for a friend's wedding.

I loved the light lemongrass scent which disappeared after I applied this on my face after my usual skin prep routine (cleanse, avene water, lotion, serum, moisturiser, eye cream, sunscreen).

I went on with my usual special occassion Chanel Vitalumiere foundation and the usual works for my face make up (liquid concealor, cream blush and highlighter, loose powder on the forehead, chin, neck and jawline areas).

I didn't really see how I looked until I got to the wedding venue and was very surprised that my skin had such a nice dewy glow! It lasted through the night for about 5 hours till I had to remove it. My face make-up did not budge at all.

I have dry, sensitive skin but did not break me out. I'd love to give this more lippy if the full sized bottle wasn't so expensive. I'll likely buy this as a treat to myself and use it only for special occasions.

UPDATE: I bought two tubes of the mini ones and am loving it. Using this for all my dinner outings this holiday season.

on 10/28/2017 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great primer if you plan on a dewy look. I use it with MAC face and body foundation for my daily look. I feel it brighten the skin. Not doesn't blur out large pores on my nose, but not a deal breaker. Makes my foundation last all day.

on 9/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this primer!

I was hesitant because of the purple color but it did not turn my face purple or blueish! I have tan skin with yellow undertones(MAC NC40/42, NARS Stromboli-Syracruse, Becca Olive-Bamboo) which im fine with and I didnt want a purple colored primer to completely obstruct my skin color. As I blended this primer into my skin, there is no trace of color and I can definitely say my skin/base is much brighter and awake looking yet not oily or greasy at all. I dont wear any primer to prolong my makeup wear time so I cannot comment on that. My two main foundations are: Becca Ultimate Creme and NARS Sheer Glow and they both wear perfectly with this primer. The primer feels very light and refreshing, not at all drying yet not oily feeling. It did not make me oilier with time either. This is not a heavy duty, spackle-siliconey type primer to fill in large pores or wrinkles, or a super mattifying primer. It very lightly preps for base makeup.

Conclusion: Wonderful primer to brighten, look more awake and light prep for base makeup. Does NOT fill in pores or mattify. Very light/sheer feeling; refreshing. Does not leave skin purple. great for all skin types, maybe not very oily though. Great for daily wear. Would purchase again