e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Water Essence

e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Water Essence
Hydrating Water Essence

4.4

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Extract, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Urea, Polyquatemium-51, Triacetin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Xanthum Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhe

on 9/17/2018 5:00:00 PM

Very nice hydrating essence. You get a nice amount of product for the price. Packaging is nice, nothing fancy. This is essence is fairly basic. It hydrates and slightly plumps my skin nothing more. But for the price, I'm satisfied with it.

Pros:
Nice consistency
Hydrating
Slightly plumping
Price
Doesn't leave skin sticky/tacky
Preps skin for other products
Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin

Cons:
Basic formula
No benefits other than moisture/hydration

I'll continue to purchase this. It's not my favorite but it's good. It's nice to use and affordable.

on 9/17/2018 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have REALLY sensitive and dry skin so I've got to be really careful with products I buy. Unlike makeup, where I know the best brands and products, I'm quite new to the skincare 'trend'. I'm always drawn to products that make my face more moisturised, and dewy though, so I was really pleased to find this at my local Tk Maxx for a really cheap price!

It's not a miracle worker, and that's reflective of the price. I wouldn't recommend using it on its own but it's great alongside other products. I use it after I cleanse (Milk charcoal cleanser and a cleansing brush with cold water!). A little goes a long way, which I love, and it leaves my face feeling really soft. I follow it up with my favourite Smashbox oil primer.

I have really really sensitive skin, and this doesn't flare me up at all. A great product to add to your skincare routine!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Grab this if you see it! I can't find it in stores anymore. This product has been a great addition to my skincare routine. It does not work miracles, it does not contain actives. This is simply an additional layer of moisture that can be added to your daily steps. It also acts like a skincare primer, in that it helps other products to apply and sink in better.

The way I use it is: after leaving the shower I spray my entire face and neck with a facial spray (mario badescu), then I pour a splash of the water essence into my palm, pat hands together, and then press into my face until it is slightly sticky. Then you know it has sunk in! My skin looks and feels plumper after the fact. Then I press my moisturizer into my skin and follow with an oil. I really believe this product helps my moisturizer to really do it's job and plumps my skin overall. When i first tried this and just rubbed it across my face quickly it didn't do much. You really must take time to press it in.

Packaging is sleek especially for E.L.F. Smell is inoffensive. Price is on point. I just really enjoy using it everyday!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A great alcohol-free toner/essence! It contains coconut water, glycerin, niacinamide, and coffee extract to name just a few amazing ingredients for the skin. This feels lovely and dries without a sticky finish. The packaging is beautiful for such an inexpensive price. It comes in a frosted glass bottle and looks very nice on my vanity. I much prefer this over many other more expensive ones I’ve tried. The fact that e.l.f is cruelty-free only makes this an even more appealing option. I only wish this was available in Canada because I know I will be repurchasing it many more times.

on 2/5/2018 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after Livloveshermakeup listed this as a favorite.
Since moving to the desert, my skin changed considerably.
This suits my dehydration but I would not be able to use this when I had normal to combo.
I apply with my hands like a lotion or serum.

on 3/23/2017 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: this product review was created under "toners" but I also created another listing for this under "skin care" because it is also a moisturizer and says so on the bottle ("a liquid moisturizer").

I've had this product for a few weeks now, trying to find the best way to use it for my skin and what I wanted it to do.

Pros - does not cause any breakouts or agitation on my skin. It has a very slight fragrance, but not enough that it effects your skin. I'm super sensitive to scents, this doesn't bother me at all. It's a good sized bottle for the little you need to go a long way. The bottle describes it as a "liquid moisturizer" which is exactly what it is. This is not a toner, it doesn't dry out your skin or cleanse it like you may think by looking at the bottle. This is a liquid light moisturizer. Period.

How I use it: I bought it thinking I could pour it into a spray bottle and mist it on my face - no. The formula is too thick to spray like a mist on your face. What I did do: I still poured it into a bottle to spray (had an old WnW setting spray bottle which works great) and I put my regular moisturizer in the palm of my hand, then spritz about 2-3 pumps of this on top of my moisturizer in my hand. Then I mix the two a bit on my hands and then apply that to my face and rub it in like you normally would your face moisturizer. I found this works great. It's almost like a moisturizing boost in liquid form for your regular moisturizer. Since it's runny, I find that it works well with mixing into my moisturizer, thinning it out so that it applies better and faster into my skin.

I tried applying this after washing my face, first with a cotton ball, but stopped that after seeing a lot of the product get stuck in the cotton ball and go to waste. I then tried applying it by just dabbing it into my hand and then patting and rubbing it softly on my face - but it was a bit too runny alone for that. So by putting part of it into a small spray bottle and then spraying it on my moisturizer and mixing - helps me utilize this product to the best I can for the price without wasting any of it.

Only thing I'd note, I think I've been getting some of this on my neck when I rub my moisturizer down my face - and it may be agitating the skin on my neck a bit (neck on your skin is more sensitive). Not bad enough to stop, but just be aware to keep this on your face.

Benefits: I'm not sure that this is adding any more moisture to my skin or not - I think it's a bonus for your current face moisturizer, but I haven't seen anything exceptional from it (no brightening of skin, or shrinking pores etc..). So, even though I like it, I'm on the fence whether I'd really need to repurchase this. A little does go a long way - especially if you use it like I have been in a spray bottle to use only what you really need. (2-3 squirts, really).

on 3/14/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was looking for an essence that wouldn't break the bank and found this and decided to try it. Smells great but not overpowering, use it before moisturizing, and my skin is glowing.