Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.4

I love Guerlain fragrances but with Mon Guerlain I was not into it. First, I didn’t like the whole big bucks ad campaign. Also I’m not fond of the spokesperson I just don’t feel like that was the right fit. So I was being snobby I guess because I love Shalimar, Samsara, Shalimar PI, and I like the soufflé 2014 perfume. So when I recieved a sample of this I just added it to my sample collection. Finally after seeing so many good reviews I said to myself try the sample. If I dislike it I have nothing to lose. I loved it! I know this is a commercial scent or one that is mass marketed and that was something I didn’t like but times change and a good fragrance is a good fragrance. So I bought the 3.3 ounce bottle and I don’t regret it one bit.

I love vanilla especially the way Guerlain does it. This does lean gourmand but this to me isn’t foodie vanilla at all. It’s a creamy, delicious, well done one. The lavender in this is very good it’s spicy but sweet. Mature but has a youthful vibe. The bergamot I don’t get to much except for the lovely citrus in the opening but I do not get a strong bergamot note, I read that’s due to new guidelines on bergamot oil. Nonetheless I like how this opens! The lavender together with the citrus smells so good, clean but spicy, yet, not too clean. Something about it is cozy too. The middle is lovely the iris isn’t standoffish as sometimes it can be. It is soft and beautiful, I keep catching whiffs of the Jasmine and no, it’s not not super strong or indolic at all. These two flowers intertwined with the rose which I do not smell but I think it’s how they go together that makes it so gorgeous!

Finally the base ah the vanilla I don’t get vanilla ice cream but instead a lavender vanilla desert that smells so good you almost don’t want to eat it because it just looks so pretty. I see on Fragrantica that they have added the notes patchouli and Licorice and I don’t smell either. Instead I get the vanilla obviously with some benzoin which I think adds to the vanilla combined with the tonka and sandalwood I just adore this! Because you can still smell the lavender in it when it totally dries down. But it’s so lovely it’s like a spicy vanilla, lavender delight! I also get a Shalimar vibe and can smell Wasser’s guerlinaide which I personally love.

So for me Mon Guerlain is beautiful it’s made for mass market but at the same time you can still tell this is Guerlain and it has Guerlain’s quality written all over it imo. I love it! I wish they’d come out with an intense version as I like my scents loud and this one is quite gentle. So, it is great for work and for me I wear it daily I find it to be perfect no matter what I’m wearing. Also this is great with all seasons I think. I also like it for day wear, the sillage is moderate on me and lasts for hours on my skin. I’m so happy I gave this scent a chance because I now love it. I’m glad I put aside my preconceived notions! This to me is a delicious fragrance that has just the amount of sweet and spice. I would like the shower gel and lotion too.

I also love the packaging and the spray nozzle on this is so perfect! It applies the perfume so evenly. Not too much not too little. I love the acid etching on the bottle, very old school like the vintage Shalimar. Love that they use the Jicky quadrilobe bottle as well. The pink juice suits it perfectly so feminine. Overall I love it! It gets a lot of compliments and makes me feel good. Love!

on 1/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

This fragrance isn't terrible-it's just not for me. At drydown, it's a sweet, strong vanilla fragrance with hints of lavender, flowers and powder. Unless you love vanilla and sweet fragrances, you likely won't love this, since the vanilla is very dominant in it. I don't find it to be particularly original, either, just another variation of vanilla fragrance.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

I really like this perfume. It smells good. The lavender is in nice balance with the bergamot in the top note and also with the vanilla and sandalwood base notes. This is a nice perfume you can smell every note, on me at least. I love the middle notes about 7-20 minutes later you can really smell the Sanbac Jasmin and Iris... It's heavenly. My favorite part.
I found about after and 1 1/2- 2 hours later, all that you can really smell strongly is the bottom notes of vanilla, Australian sandalwood, and coumarin. You still can pick up the floral notes in it...but very faintly.
I don't think this is close to Flowerbomb (have it) or the La Vie est Bella. Those are way sweeter and while I like them...I think Mon is more sophisticated, subtle, and powdery. The lavender also sets the apart from others, it doesn't smell like "old lady" perfume and it is balanced perfectly to make this sweet perfume smell smell clean and fresh.
The silage is great! It literally will smell up an entire room for a couple hours when sprayed but dies down quickly to a couple of feet around you for 3 to 6 hours. After that I have to smell my wrist to even smell it. I give it a max of 8 hours on me, which is disappointing for a perfume by the house of Guerlain. They usually last forever and a day.
I gave four overall stars because I love Thierry's work and this is so simple and a beautiful smell and balanced composition, but it is so common these days, that's all they sell is gourmand-florals. So if your looking for a one of a kind scent than you probably won't like this, especially if your tired of FB and EVEB.... But if your like me and love sweet candy florals and love Guerlain, than this is a nice addition!
I gave three stars for price since I paid 130$ USD for the 3.3 oz.
I also gave packaging three stars because it leaks a tiny bit around the nozzle when I spray it, which never has happened before to me. So, I am scared to travel with it which pisses me off. I love carrying perfume in my bags. I paid over hundred dollars for a leaky bottle.... I'm glad I notice because if that got spilled on my LV bag I would of been really upset. BUT I love the bottle it's so pretty and I like that it just says Guerlain on the bottom, its like I have a custom perfume.
I don't think I will repurchase though maybe I will but its too soon to tell. I have to see how this smells throughout the year.

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

This is my new signature, I have roamed the perfume world lost at sea , trying every perfume that exists really and then I got a sample of this . I find it a soft spicy vanilla fragrance . The lavender gives it a touch of masculinity that puts it apart from Black opium or flowerbomb . It has an aromatic quality as well ! I was dog sitting and I was hugging and kissing the dog . Later on I got a phone call from my friend saying ' wow my dog smells like your perfume , he smells great ! ' I had to smile because I was wearing Mon Guerlain . I thought it was gone but it lasts and lasts ...... Thierry Wasser is one of my favourite perfumers and he liked a few of my comments on Instagram about Mon Guerlain which I think is very nice . All in all a classy , beautiful fragrance for the modern women . If you love vanilla a must have !

Popular Fragrances