Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.2

on 1/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

This fragrance isn't terrible-it's just not for me. At drydown, it's a sweet, strong vanilla fragrance with hints of lavender, flowers and powder. Unless you love vanilla and sweet fragrances, you likely won't love this, since the vanilla is very dominant in it. I don't find it to be particularly original, either, just another variation of vanilla fragrance.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlain's...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just imagine Guerlain perfumes. Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having a Guerlain on my perfume table. One sniff and I had to have it! Mon Guerlain is very "me", indeed.

Popular Fragrances