Guerlain Mon Guerlain

3.8

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

Popular Fragrances