GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

Filtered by hair type : Curly
GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

on 9/30/2018 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mon Guerlain is another perfume that makes me wonder why it’s not more popular. It is sweet like many other popular fragrances (La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, Coco Mademoiselle, Armani Si), but it is very distinct because of two major differences: the exclusion of patchouli and the inclusion of lavender. Lavender isn’t used much in women’s fragrances, so it is a unique and welcomed change of pace in Mon Guerlain. It adds a balance to the vanilla and tones down the sweetness. Mon Guerlain is slightly powdery, which I enjoy but others might not. I also like the plain, classy bottle and the lavender pink juice.

One thing that really bugs me is some of the perfume snobbery I witnessed on the fragrance boards after Guerlain released this fragrance. People were upset about Guerlain “selling out” by giving into the current gourmand trend. Others were upset that Guerlain chose Angelina Jolie. I think if YSL or D&G or pretty much any other perfume house had released this same exact fragrance no one would have complained. In fact, these same perfume snobs would have LOVED it! They see Guerlain as some sacred pedigree that they must protect. But, Guerlain is just a company. Money is what they want. They still make Jicky and LHB and Shalimar and Samsara for all the purists… it really isn’t that serious.

If you are looking for a more unique gourmand, then test out Mon Guerlain. I’m running through my 1oz bottle and probably will buy the 3.3oz during Sephora’s November 20% off.

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

Popular Fragrances