GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

on 6/11/2018 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After multiple samplings of Mon Guerlain when it was launched in spring of '17 I did buy a full bottle the following fall, and I have been enjoying it a lot, so much so that it's close to being empty! Yes, I also wasn't a fan of the ad campaign but my main reason for holding off on buying was that initially I simply wasn't sure whether this fragrance was unique enough to add it to my already pretty large collection. I do see some faint similarities with La Vie est Belle from Lancome and a few more with Mon Exclusif from Guerlain, neither of which I own. The latter is not so surprising as Mon Exclusif was created by the same famous Guerlain nose, Thierry Wasser. For reference, Guerlains that I do own are Shalimar, Terracotta, Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Cuir Beluga. After using it regularly for close to a year, I definitely think that Mon Guerlain is a very well made gourmand. Although it is this hugely successful best seller and crowd pleaser, I feel that Thierry Wasser has created a quality perfume which exudes elegance and style. It has good staying power on my skin and is never overwhelming. I have worn Mon Guerlain in all seasons and to many different occasions and it worked well in all of them. The opening features a fresh, herbal quality, due to lavender, which I find dry and very enjoyable. A few minutes later, the floral elements, I detect mainly Jasmin Sambac, come into play and the famous vanilla Guerlinade is definitely present also. Mon Guerlain is soft and sweet but neither boring nor too sweet in my opinion, I would recommend that fans of gourmand fragrances give it a try. I also much appreciate the design of the bottle. I find it classic and tasteful yet modern and the pinkish hue of the perfume is simply beautiful. I have already repurchased and I plan to keep this in my rotation.

I love Guerlain fragrances but with Mon Guerlain I was not into it. First, I didn’t like the whole big bucks ad campaign. Also I’m not fond of the spokesperson I just don’t feel like that was the right fit. So I was being snobby I guess because I love Shalimar, Samsara, Shalimar PI, and I like the soufflé 2014 perfume. So when I recieved a sample of this I just added it to my sample collection. Finally after seeing so many good reviews I said to myself try the sample. If I dislike it I have nothing to lose. I loved it! I know this is a commercial scent or one that is mass marketed and that was something I didn’t like but times change and a good fragrance is a good fragrance. So I bought the 3.3 ounce bottle and I don’t regret it one bit.

I love vanilla especially the way Guerlain does it. This does lean gourmand but this to me isn’t foodie vanilla at all. It’s a creamy, delicious, well done one. The lavender in this is very good it’s spicy but sweet. Mature but has a youthful vibe. The bergamot I don’t get to much except for the lovely citrus in the opening but I do not get a strong bergamot note, I read that’s due to new guidelines on bergamot oil. Nonetheless I like how this opens! The lavender together with the citrus smells so good, clean but spicy, yet, not too clean. Something about it is cozy too. The middle is lovely the iris isn’t standoffish as sometimes it can be. It is soft and beautiful, I keep catching whiffs of the Jasmine and no, it’s not not super strong or indolic at all. These two flowers intertwined with the rose which I do not smell but I think it’s how they go together that makes it so gorgeous!

Finally the base ah the vanilla I don’t get vanilla ice cream but instead a lavender vanilla desert that smells so good you almost don’t want to eat it because it just looks so pretty. I see on Fragrantica that they have added the notes patchouli and Licorice and I don’t smell either. Instead I get the vanilla obviously with some benzoin which I think adds to the vanilla combined with the tonka and sandalwood I just adore this! Because you can still smell the lavender in it when it totally dries down. But it’s so lovely it’s like a spicy vanilla, lavender delight! I also get a Shalimar vibe and can smell Wasser’s guerlinaide which I personally love.

So for me Mon Guerlain is beautiful it’s made for mass market but at the same time you can still tell this is Guerlain and it has Guerlain’s quality written all over it imo. I love it! I wish they’d come out with an intense version as I like my scents loud and this one is quite gentle. So, it is great for work and for me I wear it daily I find it to be perfect no matter what I’m wearing. Also this is great with all seasons I think. I also like it for day wear, the sillage is moderate on me and lasts for hours on my skin. I’m so happy I gave this scent a chance because I now love it. I’m glad I put aside my preconceived notions! This to me is a delicious fragrance that has just the amount of sweet and spice. I would like the shower gel and lotion too.

I also love the packaging and the spray nozzle on this is so perfect! It applies the perfume so evenly. Not too much not too little. I love the acid etching on the bottle, very old school like the vintage Shalimar. Love that they use the Jicky quadrilobe bottle as well. The pink juice suits it perfectly so feminine. Overall I love it! It gets a lot of compliments and makes me feel good. Love!

on 1/27/2018 6:46:00 AM

Love this scent. Unobtrusive, gentle, but with a lively kick. I needed a new fragrance and bought this based on the reviews from the lovely ladies posting their reviews. I am not disappointed. First Guerlain ever and it is a winner. People ask me every week what I am wearing. Love.

on 1/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

This fragrance isn't terrible-it's just not for me. At drydown, it's a sweet, strong vanilla fragrance with hints of lavender, flowers and powder. Unless you love vanilla and sweet fragrances, you likely won't love this, since the vanilla is very dominant in it. I don't find it to be particularly original, either, just another variation of vanilla fragrance.

on 3/14/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent is by no means groundbreaking. It reminds me of other sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, etc. It has the Guerlain touch though. The lavender note in this is beautiful and interesting. It is a sweet fragrance, but not sickeningly so. The jasmine is a nice touch too. It is a soft scent that will not offend.

Popular Fragrances