Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Guerlain Mon Guerlain

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

on 3/14/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent is by no means groundbreaking. It reminds me of other sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, etc. It has the Guerlain touch though. The lavender note in this is beautiful and interesting. It is a sweet fragrance, but not sickeningly so. The jasmine is a nice touch too. It is a soft scent that will not offend.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a beautiful scent, although a little too sweet for my liking. It smells a lot like Flowerbomb, in my opinion. Since it's eau de parfum, it's a little more pricy than others, but that means you don't have to re-apply as often. If you're on a budget, Pink Sugar will give you a similar scent for less.

This is my new signature, I have roamed the perfume world lost at sea , trying every perfume that exists really and then I got a sample of this . I find it a soft spicy vanilla fragrance . The lavender gives it a touch of masculinity that puts it apart from Black opium or flowerbomb . It has an aromatic quality as well ! I was dog sitting and I was hugging and kissing the dog . Later on I got a phone call from my friend saying ' wow my dog smells like your perfume , he smells great ! ' I had to smile because I was wearing Mon Guerlain . I thought it was gone but it lasts and lasts ...... Thierry Wasser is one of my favourite perfumers and he liked a few of my comments on Instagram about Mon Guerlain which I think is very nice . All in all a classy , beautiful fragrance for the modern women . If you love vanilla a must have !

Popular Fragrances