Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.1

on 2/23/2018 8:48:00 PM

I hate to rain on this parade. And even more so, I hate that I was right to have trusted my instincts. I didn't like Guerlain "selling out", "cheapening" their brand, I didn't like the choice of Angelina Jolie trying to be the modern day Audrey Hepburn. I'm sorry but Audrey Hepburn allowed herself to age naturally and lived through the war, and had qualities that I just don't see in any actress today and certainly not AJ. But I chastised myself for being a fusty old fuddy duddy. It had lots of great reviews and I liked the idea of a high end elevated version of a homely vanilla scent. Let me tell you: I prefer my Demeter fragrance library Vanilla Ice Cream to this!!!

OK When this perfume is first sprayed, it has a promising start. There's licorice and a green fresh blast which gives it an interesting take. However after at most ten minutes, this settles into a sweet musty cigar type scent and I swear I smell like one of those old over groomed men who have over shined shoes and over shined hair (what's left of it) and smoke a pungent cigar. It's sickly sweet and smokey but not in a leather smoke way, in a very musty overwhelming sweet smoke. When my grandpa died my grandma said she missed the smell of his sweet pipe smoke wafting through from the TV room. Maybe this would appeal to her. I like the smell of pipe smoke too, but I don't want to smell of it and this is a very sickly version of it. A few times I wore this to the gym and I thought, ugh why do people smoke before they come to the gym? And then with horror I realised it was my perfume!

I really don't like this and I've just put it up for sale. I blind bought this (yes very foolish!) but it was on offer with the maxi lash mascara which I love and use daily and I figured the notes sounded good, I liked the sound of lavender (which sadly is weak at best, to me) and ultimately it is Guerlain after all. But I just don't like this. I like l'heure blue and jicky and possibly others but I didn't like la Petite robe noir and I should have known (albeit I suspected) that this was more of the same mass market trash. I don't want to be a snob but this just smells really generic and doesn't smell like a high end perfume to me. It smells try-hard and over fussy but at the same time very dupeable. I can't smell individual notes at all once it settles down. If it could retain the initial promise of the first blast then I'd probably warm to it. Very disappointing purchase. I wouldn't recommend it but I am a perfume connoisseur and I am willing to invest in high end fragrances when they are really individual and special. I mean, I wouldn't spend hundreds or thousands but I spend around £70 or so on Hermes that I love and rebuy in bulk at duty free. If I was drawn to this fragrance I'd get it for a fraction of the price. The Demeter fragrance I mentioned above has notes of vanilla and ice cream cone and creaminess and although it's a EDT the notes stay distinct throughout. This is supposed to be an EDP but I felt it had poor wear time. For ten minutes it smelt great and vibrant and unique, then it fades to this sweet musky mustiness which I hated, but within 3 hours - at most- it's gone completely. The bottle is very beautiful, I will give it that.

on 1/27/2018 6:46:00 AM

Love this scent. Unobtrusive, gentle, but with a lively kick. I needed a new fragrance and bought this based on the reviews from the lovely ladies posting their reviews. I am not disappointed. First Guerlain ever and it is a winner. People ask me every week what I am wearing. Love.

on 1/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

This fragrance isn't terrible-it's just not for me. At drydown, it's a sweet, strong vanilla fragrance with hints of lavender, flowers and powder. Unless you love vanilla and sweet fragrances, you likely won't love this, since the vanilla is very dominant in it. I don't find it to be particularly original, either, just another variation of vanilla fragrance.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

Popular Fragrances