Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.8

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlain's...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just imagine Guerlain perfumes. Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having a Guerlain on my perfume table. One sniff and I had to have it! Mon Guerlain is very "me", indeed.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What an unexpected surprise!
The perfume opens with a harsh lavender blast. The vanilla starts to peek through after the herbal lavender dies down. White musk and lime are the undercurrents giving this gourmand a backbone. Try it! It's beautiful.

on 3/14/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent is by no means groundbreaking. It reminds me of other sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, etc. It has the Guerlain touch though. The lavender note in this is beautiful and interesting. It is a sweet fragrance, but not sickeningly so. The jasmine is a nice touch too. It is a soft scent that will not offend.

Popular Fragrances