Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Guerlain Mon Guerlain

3.8

on 2/23/2018 8:48:00 PM

I hate to rain on this parade. And even more so, I hate that I was right to have trusted my instincts. I didn't like Guerlain "selling out", "cheapening" their brand, I didn't like the choice of Angelina Jolie trying to be the modern day Audrey Hepburn. I'm sorry but Audrey Hepburn allowed herself to age naturally and lived through the war, and had qualities that I just don't see in any actress today and certainly not AJ. But I chastised myself for being a fusty old fuddy duddy. It had lots of great reviews and I liked the idea of a high end elevated version of a homely vanilla scent. Let me tell you: I prefer my Demeter fragrance library Vanilla Ice Cream to this!!!

OK When this perfume is first sprayed, it has a promising start. There's licorice and a green fresh blast which gives it an interesting take. However after at most ten minutes, this settles into a sweet musty cigar type scent and I swear I smell like one of those old over groomed men who have over shined shoes and over shined hair (what's left of it) and smoke a pungent cigar. It's sickly sweet and smokey but not in a leather smoke way, in a very musty overwhelming sweet smoke. When my grandpa died my grandma said she missed the smell of his sweet pipe smoke wafting through from the TV room. Maybe this would appeal to her. I like the smell of pipe smoke too, but I don't want to smell of it and this is a very sickly version of it. A few times I wore this to the gym and I thought, ugh why do people smoke before they come to the gym? And then with horror I realised it was my perfume!

I really don't like this and I've just put it up for sale. I blind bought this (yes very foolish!) but it was on offer with the maxi lash mascara which I love and use daily and I figured the notes sounded good, I liked the sound of lavender (which sadly is weak at best, to me) and ultimately it is Guerlain after all. But I just don't like this. I like l'heure blue and jicky and possibly others but I didn't like la Petite robe noir and I should have known (albeit I suspected) that this was more of the same mass market trash. I don't want to be a snob but this just smells really generic and doesn't smell like a high end perfume to me. It smells try-hard and over fussy but at the same time very dupeable. I can't smell individual notes at all once it settles down. If it could retain the initial promise of the first blast then I'd probably warm to it. Very disappointing purchase. I wouldn't recommend it but I am a perfume connoisseur and I am willing to invest in high end fragrances when they are really individual and special. I mean, I wouldn't spend hundreds or thousands but I spend around £70 or so on Hermes that I love and rebuy in bulk at duty free. If I was drawn to this fragrance I'd get it for a fraction of the price. The Demeter fragrance I mentioned above has notes of vanilla and ice cream cone and creaminess and although it's a EDT the notes stay distinct throughout. This is supposed to be an EDP but I felt it had poor wear time. For ten minutes it smelt great and vibrant and unique, then it fades to this sweet musky mustiness which I hated, but within 3 hours - at most- it's gone completely. The bottle is very beautiful, I will give it that.

on 1/27/2018 6:46:00 AM

Love this scent. Unobtrusive, gentle, but with a lively kick. I needed a new fragrance and bought this based on the reviews from the lovely ladies posting their reviews. I am not disappointed. First Guerlain ever and it is a winner. People ask me every week what I am wearing. Love.

on 1/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

This fragrance isn't terrible-it's just not for me. At drydown, it's a sweet, strong vanilla fragrance with hints of lavender, flowers and powder. Unless you love vanilla and sweet fragrances, you likely won't love this, since the vanilla is very dominant in it. I don't find it to be particularly original, either, just another variation of vanilla fragrance.

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a beautiful scent, although a little too sweet for my liking. It smells a lot like Flowerbomb, in my opinion. Since it's eau de parfum, it's a little more pricy than others, but that means you don't have to re-apply as often. If you're on a budget, Pink Sugar will give you a similar scent for less.

This is my new signature, I have roamed the perfume world lost at sea , trying every perfume that exists really and then I got a sample of this . I find it a soft spicy vanilla fragrance . The lavender gives it a touch of masculinity that puts it apart from Black opium or flowerbomb . It has an aromatic quality as well ! I was dog sitting and I was hugging and kissing the dog . Later on I got a phone call from my friend saying ' wow my dog smells like your perfume , he smells great ! ' I had to smile because I was wearing Mon Guerlain . I thought it was gone but it lasts and lasts ...... Thierry Wasser is one of my favourite perfumers and he liked a few of my comments on Instagram about Mon Guerlain which I think is very nice . All in all a classy , beautiful fragrance for the modern women . If you love vanilla a must have !

Popular Fragrances