GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

3.7

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 9/30/2018 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Mon Guerlain, it is addictive..I love its aromatic vibe with a smooth lavender, it gives the scent a certain freshness throughout, with a sweeter smoother dry down...now, I bought my bottle in France, then I purchased one in Canada..I couldn't believe how different they smelled, i thought the one bought in Canada had turned bad...The version bought in North America is more smoky, more gourmand, when the one bought in France is fresher, and doesn't have that smoky vibe,anyhow, I spoke with an American importer of french perfumes, she comfirmed to me that perfumes going for export can be tweaked a bit, and end up smelling different...because the perfume Industry is self regulated, nobody is aware of those differences...it is fascinating to me !! I sent samples of both to a couple of friends with good noses, to check if they could notice a difference...sure enough, they could..so as much as possible, I buy my perfumes in France..anyhow, lovely feminine creation, distinctive, unique, not typical of Guerlain, just full of beauty from top notes to the base...I also think it wasn't treated fairly when it came out, like really, it isn't a vintage, it is modern, so it gets put down..so weird !!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.