Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.2

on 1/27/2018 6:46:00 AM

Love this scent. Unobtrusive, gentle, but with a lively kick. I needed a new fragrance and bought this based on the reviews from the lovely ladies posting their reviews. I am not disappointed. First Guerlain ever and it is a winner. People ask me every week what I am wearing. Love.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlain's...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just imagine Guerlain perfumes. Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having a Guerlain on my perfume table. One sniff and I had to have it! Mon Guerlain is very "me", indeed.

on 5/17/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This perfume seems to get a ton of bad rap from the fragrance community and hardcore Guerlain devotees (though arguably, these two can actually just mean one and the same thing honestly, haha) and while I consider Guerlain to be among my favourite perfume houses, I actually love Mon Guerlain! Yes, it's sweet, not that unique, caters to modern tastes and maybe *is* a bit too easy to like, but no one else does sweet perfumes with a refined French elegance the way Guerlain does. Among the modern gourmand perfumes that are oh so ubiquitous these days, Mon Guerlain is undoubtedly one of the best iterations of that genre.

Mon Guerlain immediately opens with a sweet, herbal lavender with just enough bergamot to give the impression of fizziness and a bit of sparkle at the top. Then, a decadent gourmand iris makes it's entrance, luscious and buttery in nature; there is nothing vegetal or 'root-y' about the iris, as it is blushing in pastel pink and purple hues. The vanilla is very strong in this, but it's that signature Guerlain vanilla that is sensual, balmy and sumptuous all at once. It is addicting and instantly recognizable if you are familiar with it. The fragrance dries down to soft Guerlain vanilla with gourmand tonka beans that have a marzipan-like facet, all resting on a fuzzy bed of clean white musk. A shade of aromatic pale lavender persists in the drydown, giving the fragrance an air of girly romanticism.

Lasting power is good with at least 8 hours of weartime. Sillage is within an arms length until the 3 hour mark, in which it becomes a skin scent.The quality of the juice is nothing short of Guerlain quality, and I really commend Thierry Wasser for the painstaking time and love he puts into his fragrances and carefully done reformulations of classics. Well-done! :)

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What an unexpected surprise!
The perfume opens with a harsh lavender blast. The vanilla starts to peek through after the herbal lavender dies down. White musk and lime are the undercurrents giving this gourmand a backbone. Try it! It's beautiful.

Popular Fragrances