Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.2

on 4/26/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just love this fragrance, just wish it wasn't so pricey. Its warm, vanilla, with a tad of floral...its just a delicious scent. The EDP lasts all day. 2 spritz and your good to go all day. The bottle is beautiful, so that helps me justify the price.

I love Guerlain fragrances but with Mon Guerlain I was not into it. First, I didn’t like the whole big bucks ad campaign. Also I’m not fond of the spokesperson I just don’t feel like that was the right fit. So I was being snobby I guess because I love Shalimar, Samsara, Shalimar PI, and I like the soufflé 2014 perfume. So when I recieved a sample of this I just added it to my sample collection. Finally after seeing so many good reviews I said to myself try the sample. If I dislike it I have nothing to lose. I loved it! I know this is a commercial scent or one that is mass marketed and that was something I didn’t like but times change and a good fragrance is a good fragrance. So I bought the 3.3 ounce bottle and I don’t regret it one bit.

I love vanilla especially the way Guerlain does it. This does lean gourmand but this to me isn’t foodie vanilla at all. It’s a creamy, delicious, well done one. The lavender in this is very good it’s spicy but sweet. Mature but has a youthful vibe. The bergamot I don’t get to much except for the lovely citrus in the opening but I do not get a strong bergamot note, I read that’s due to new guidelines on bergamot oil. Nonetheless I like how this opens! The lavender together with the citrus smells so good, clean but spicy, yet, not too clean. Something about it is cozy too. The middle is lovely the iris isn’t standoffish as sometimes it can be. It is soft and beautiful, I keep catching whiffs of the Jasmine and no, it’s not not super strong or indolic at all. These two flowers intertwined with the rose which I do not smell but I think it’s how they go together that makes it so gorgeous!

Finally the base ah the vanilla I don’t get vanilla ice cream but instead a lavender vanilla desert that smells so good you almost don’t want to eat it because it just looks so pretty. I see on Fragrantica that they have added the notes patchouli and Licorice and I don’t smell either. Instead I get the vanilla obviously with some benzoin which I think adds to the vanilla combined with the tonka and sandalwood I just adore this! Because you can still smell the lavender in it when it totally dries down. But it’s so lovely it’s like a spicy vanilla, lavender delight! I also get a Shalimar vibe and can smell Wasser’s guerlinaide which I personally love.

So for me Mon Guerlain is beautiful it’s made for mass market but at the same time you can still tell this is Guerlain and it has Guerlain’s quality written all over it imo. I love it! I wish they’d come out with an intense version as I like my scents loud and this one is quite gentle. So, it is great for work and for me I wear it daily I find it to be perfect no matter what I’m wearing. Also this is great with all seasons I think. I also like it for day wear, the sillage is moderate on me and lasts for hours on my skin. I’m so happy I gave this scent a chance because I now love it. I’m glad I put aside my preconceived notions! This to me is a delicious fragrance that has just the amount of sweet and spice. I would like the shower gel and lotion too.

I also love the packaging and the spray nozzle on this is so perfect! It applies the perfume so evenly. Not too much not too little. I love the acid etching on the bottle, very old school like the vintage Shalimar. Love that they use the Jicky quadrilobe bottle as well. The pink juice suits it perfectly so feminine. Overall I love it! It gets a lot of compliments and makes me feel good. Love!

on 1/27/2018 6:46:00 AM

Love this scent. Unobtrusive, gentle, but with a lively kick. I needed a new fragrance and bought this based on the reviews from the lovely ladies posting their reviews. I am not disappointed. First Guerlain ever and it is a winner. People ask me every week what I am wearing. Love.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Edit 3/21/18: I didn’t end up getting this until today when Macy’s has a 15% off cosmetics/perfumes sale & it is so good. It reminds me of coco mad & LVEB a Little bit of GA Si. This is vanilla done amazingly. I don’t care if it’s mass produced—the juice smells good! Vanilla balanced w lavender & a bit of citrus. #awesome #mybdaygifttomyself Grade:A+ —- Original review: i got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

on 5/17/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This perfume seems to get a ton of bad rap from the fragrance community and hardcore Guerlain devotees (though arguably, these two can actually just mean one and the same thing honestly, haha) and while I consider Guerlain to be among my favourite perfume houses, I actually love Mon Guerlain! Yes, it's sweet, not that unique, caters to modern tastes and maybe *is* a bit too easy to like, but no one else does sweet perfumes with a refined French elegance the way Guerlain does. Among the modern gourmand perfumes that are oh so ubiquitous these days, Mon Guerlain is undoubtedly one of the best iterations of that genre.

Mon Guerlain immediately opens with a sweet, herbal lavender with just enough bergamot to give the impression of fizziness and a bit of sparkle at the top. Then, a decadent gourmand iris makes it's entrance, luscious and buttery in nature; there is nothing vegetal or 'root-y' about the iris, as it is blushing in pastel pink and purple hues. The vanilla is very strong in this, but it's that signature Guerlain vanilla that is sensual, balmy and sumptuous all at once. It is addicting and instantly recognizable if you are familiar with it. The fragrance dries down to soft Guerlain vanilla with gourmand tonka beans that have a marzipan-like facet, all resting on a fuzzy bed of clean white musk. A shade of aromatic pale lavender persists in the drydown, giving the fragrance an air of girly romanticism.

Lasting power is good with at least 8 hours of weartime. Sillage is within an arms length until the 3 hour mark, in which it becomes a skin scent.The quality of the juice is nothing short of Guerlain quality, and I really commend Thierry Wasser for the painstaking time and love he puts into his fragrances and carefully done reformulations of classics. Well-done! :)

Popular Fragrances