Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.3

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

I really like this perfume. It smells good. The lavender is in nice balance with the bergamot in the top note and also with the vanilla and sandalwood base notes. This is a nice perfume you can smell every note, on me at least. I love the middle notes about 7-20 minutes later you can really smell the Sanbac Jasmin and Iris... It's heavenly. My favorite part.
I found about after and 1 1/2- 2 hours later, all that you can really smell strongly is the bottom notes of vanilla, Australian sandalwood, and coumarin. You still can pick up the floral notes in it...but very faintly.
I don't think this is close to Flowerbomb (have it) or the La Vie est Bella. Those are way sweeter and while I like them...I think Mon is more sophisticated, subtle, and powdery. The lavender also sets the apart from others, it doesn't smell like "old lady" perfume and it is balanced perfectly to make this sweet perfume smell smell clean and fresh.
The silage is great! It literally will smell up an entire room for a couple hours when sprayed but dies down quickly to a couple of feet around you for 3 to 6 hours. After that I have to smell my wrist to even smell it. I give it a max of 8 hours on me, which is disappointing for a perfume by the house of Guerlain. They usually last forever and a day.
I gave four overall stars because I love Thierry's work and this is so simple and a beautiful smell and balanced composition, but it is so common these days, that's all they sell is gourmand-florals. So if your looking for a one of a kind scent than you probably won't like this, especially if your tired of FB and EVEB.... But if your like me and love sweet candy florals and love Guerlain, than this is a nice addition!
I gave three stars for price since I paid 130$ USD for the 3.3 oz.
I also gave packaging three stars because it leaks a tiny bit around the nozzle when I spray it, which never has happened before to me. So, I am scared to travel with it which pisses me off. I love carrying perfume in my bags. I paid over hundred dollars for a leaky bottle.... I'm glad I notice because if that got spilled on my LV bag I would of been really upset. BUT I love the bottle it's so pretty and I like that it just says Guerlain on the bottom, its like I have a custom perfume.
I don't think I will repurchase though maybe I will but its too soon to tell. I have to see how this smells throughout the year.

on 3/14/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent is by no means groundbreaking. It reminds me of other sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, etc. It has the Guerlain touch though. The lavender note in this is beautiful and interesting. It is a sweet fragrance, but not sickeningly so. The jasmine is a nice touch too. It is a soft scent that will not offend.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a beautiful scent, although a little too sweet for my liking. It smells a lot like Flowerbomb, in my opinion. Since it's eau de parfum, it's a little more pricy than others, but that means you don't have to re-apply as often. If you're on a budget, Pink Sugar will give you a similar scent for less.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

Popular Fragrances